IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Trying for a Baby Part 8
Views: 329,211
# 5421
abis21
Old 06-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I am soooooo tired!!

Have done a very busy craft fair this afternoon, and made lots of pennies (well compared to the last 2 ), been to my mums to cheer her up, spoke to my brother for an hour, and made my last magic elf of the year for an order.

And instead of going to bed - I'm waiting up for DH who is on a works do as its our 'other' night and we could really do to BD! The things we do for ttc!! Luckily he is driving home (60 miles, so no chance of a taxi or lift) cos if he was drunk I would stand no chance

Hope you had a good birthday Becca
Married my lobster in July 2011

TTC # 2 since Oct 2011 - good things come to those who wait

2013 is going to be our lucky year
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abis21 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5422
kellykins
Old 07-12-2012, 4:44 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hello...
I'm wide awake.. waiting for my alarm to go off... I've surprised the OH and taking him to Amsterdam for his birthday .. so I'm too excited to sleep. 10 more minutes and then I can wake him up..

Eagily awaiting af... my cycles are usually 33 days so she should be here tomorrow... I stupidly did a test yesterday...'just to see' obviously it was negative.. I knew it would be...! We only bd once during what I thought was ovulation time.. as we werent actively trying then... so... here's to a fun weekend away..

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I'll catch I'll properly on my return.

Kelly x
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kellykins For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5423
becca0417
Old 07-12-2012, 6:56 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Hope dh didn't disturb you mv!

We managed operation bd & will get another in tonight.

Just another question, if I ovulate today, I have a (possibly internal) scan on Sunday, should I rearrange it? Could it interfere with anything?
First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to becca0417 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5424
mrshappy
Old 07-12-2012, 7:48 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

morning ladies, anyone know how to get FF on a windows phone? I've had a wee hunt through the apps but can't find it.
Hope everyone has a good day, thank goodness it's Friday
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrshappy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5425
amyloofoo
Old 07-12-2012, 8:23 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Right, it's been a while since I did an epic post, so I think it's time Also, since I'm in the 'wine and chocolate' zone, I took that to heart and had a large glass of rose and a box of choccies... yeah! Living the dream Sorry for anyone missed / any mistakes - started typing this last night before giving up half way through!

MV - Men are absolutely ridiculous, but good work for getting it sorted whilst also standing your ground. Glad it all worked out for the best and had a little lol at my image of your OH trying to negotiate the sofa bed whilst p!ssed

P.S. I loooove chilli as comfort food when it's cold, save me some

Becca -
Happy, happy, happy Birthday... or as my autistic (and often quite gross) friend chooses to phrase it 'happy womb evacuation day' I sincerely hope you get everything you wish for when you blow out your candles

Abis - Your kittycat is absolutely gorgeous I have been trying to persuade DH to let me have a puppy for aaaaages (he's not a cat person), and he finally relented, only to then renege on the deal If I keep seeing such cute piccies then I'm just going to adopt one and let him deal with it when he finds out

On a more serious note, I know these last few weeks have been hard, and would like to send you a and all the best wishes in the world. Oh, and congrats on the fair and the extra pennies! Hope the BDing worked out (this thread makes me feel like a right voyeur sometimes lol).

Tink - Glad you're getting help following the mc and that you think it's beneficial. I know there's still some stigma attached to seeing a counsellor, but in my experience, they're really helpful If it helps (and without wanting to be patronising), you appear to be 'coping' (hate that word!) really well, and your positivity has been inspirational

Lemon - Massive hug, we all appreciate you being here too

mrshappy - Great news about your OH and pleased to hear he won't need any more 'prodding and poking' Please keep us up to date with how things are going, and sending lots of good wishes and positive vibes your way.

time2deal - Good work on getting OH to take vitamins and for the lovely lists. Sorry to hear about the ov pain but yey for early ov and ewcm I'm considering taking soy in the new year to maybe help regulate my cycles a bit - but a bit scared by some people saying they got horrible headaches as I'm very prone to migraines anyway.

Nic -
Love your ov-certainty percentages! I've not been that way about ov yet, but am about 40% sure I'm pg every month

Raz -
Really hope you manage to catch your donor at the right time. Trying to work a whole extra person into your TTCing schedule must be infuriating sometimes, especially when they're a distance away and you need to stay away for a few days. I didn't really understand retrograde ejaculation so went and had a little read up - so sorry that the NHS won't offer to help with IVF

Zippy -
I miss you, post more! For some reason I think of you as one of the first I 'met' on here.... not sure if it's strictly true, but it makes me happy to see your posts anyway

TeamLowe -
Sorry for CD1, , but great PMA list and for getting DH to take vitamins - good to hear that someone still has a friendly relationship with their OH on here You're braver than me for moving in with the 'rents though, although it's all for a good cause.

Vic - Sorry for CD1, but come join us in the wine and chocolate corner - it's good! Although I suppose it's the chocolate and chocolate corner for you, I'll have your wine

Birdie - Love the 'big boys pants' comment

Tea Lover - Lol at 'kitten envy'... think I'm a sufferer too! My sympathies about your freezing office too, it's soooo cool here in Leeds, my face is actually this shade:

Pleased to hear that at least *some* work people have seen sense though, and it's always good to have more options Do you think you'll take them up on their offer, or would you still like to go for the other job? It sounds as though you're leaning towards staying in the other department, and the flexibility and support does sounds really good

thriftylass - Hooray for ewcm and hope your LO decides to stay in his own bed

Miffy - Awwww, I love seeing LOs in snowsuits They're so cute and it reminds me of getting married in Austria... there were lots of cute little snowbunny kiddies.

Tink - Massive hugs hun

Elsie - Hope the POAS pays off soon and you get your 'real' positive

Vesper - Sending my very best and most sparkly thoughts your way for your Christmas wish

Mrs_T_M - Hi and welcome to the thread! Hope you get your BFP really soon, it's been too long since we had one on this thread

Kelly - Hope you and your OH have a great time in Amsterdam, what a lovely birthday present! It's such a beautiful city, DH and I went there earlier this year and I absolutely loved it

AFM - Little sis dropped my nephew off for a few hours yesterday, but neglected to warn me that he's now started crawling... You can't avert your gaze for even a second now! He's also started saying 'dadda' a LOT so I tried to teach him to say me-me (which is how little sis started saying Amy lol)... I would like to report that this was successful but it soooo wasn't! After he went home I cooked DH a lush meal as he's working about 70 hours this week and has looked like he's ready to sleep whilst standing when he gets home - poor thing.

AF this month has been ridiculously light and brief, really not a lot more than spotting and now gone again. I suppose I shouldn't complain as I usually have hideous bleeds, but what is going on with my cycles???
Make £10 a day June: £981.94

Last edited by amyloofoo; 07-12-2012 at 8:41 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to amyloofoo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5426
Metranil Vavin
Old 07-12-2012, 8:49 AM

Wow Amy that is an epic post! Respect! x

Well OH did wake me last night, but it was more because I'm the worlds lightest sleeper and even with my ear plugs in I 'sensed' him ascending the stairs!

Abis and Miffy - hope you both managed to get some bonkidge in last night!

Well tonight is my first xmas party at my company and it is fancy dress, so I have cobbled together a Mortiia Addams outfit, based largely on my old goth wardrobe!

It's at a big manor house in Surrey so I'll be away tonight, I have to say it'll be quite nice to hand over the reigns to OH for a night..Daddy Day Care here we come!

Wish I wasn't so full of snot and cold though

Hope everyone has a good day x
Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
You don't even take him seriously,
How am I going to get to heaven?,
When I'm just balanced so precariously..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Metranil Vavin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5427
Birdie85
Old 07-12-2012, 8:59 AM

Welcome Mrs TM!

The job offer sounds perfect Tea, really happy for you!

T2D, where are you from originally? Any other imports on here?!

I know it's silly but I always giggle when people say O instead of OV... I always think they're talking about the 'Big O' IYKWIM!

Well done on the craft fair Abis!

Have a lovely time in Amsterdam Kellykins, what a lovely surprise for your OH!

Great epic post Amy!

Have a great night out tonight MV! Love the costume idea!

I'm going to a Christmas jumper party tomorrow night and there's a bottle of Southern Comfort with my name on it! I've made my jumper (well bought one from Primarni and decorated it) and feeling very smug seeing my friends' panicked FB statuses about how they can't find anything to wear as my jumper is pretty amazing if I may say so myself, it's got a Christmas tree on with actual lights! Got my nails done last night and had them decorated with a string of Christmas lights so feeling pretty festive now!
“Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.”
Baby Bird Joined the Nest 24th Feb!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Birdie85 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5428
Metranil Vavin
Old 07-12-2012, 9:07 AM

oooh a Christmas jumper competition..fab! Hope you win Birdie!

What does anyone think about drinking in the 2ww?

I'm 4dpo today and have been pretty good recently at not drinking (apart from last weekend when my party-friends came over and I drank a whole bottle of wine to myself..oops!).

I really want to enjoy myself this evening. I feel I deserve it after the last few months. I'm obviously not planning on getting annihilated (never clever at a work party!), but I would like to have a few and get a bit merry

What does everyone think?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Metranil Vavin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5429
thriftylass
Old 07-12-2012, 9:10 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Good morning. DS slept all the way through in his own bed and we managed another BD . Can't believe it, twice in a week (and around OV) that's a record for the last year .

Mentranil I have a works do tonight too and will have only have a couple of glasses of wine, just to merry but not pished (I'm the new one anyway so never a good idea .
June back to basics
SFD 12/20 GC 178/250 HH 122/100 (vet fees!) Wedding savings 6500/9000 Exc. 8/13

Last edited by thriftylass; 07-12-2012 at 9:12 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thriftylass For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5430
Birdie85
Old 07-12-2012, 9:18 AM

I drink in the 2ww MV. See no point in cutting it out TBH as the baby won't be affected so soon anyway. I'm not a heavy drinker anyway so I figure a few drinks once or twice during the 2ww isn't going to be a problem and I got bored while ago of behaving myself all the time 'just in case'. Now I look at it like I might as well enjoy everything I like before my body is taken over and I'm not allowed to spend my evenings supping champagne and eating pate! (Not that we're rich enough to do that often!)
“Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.”
Baby Bird Joined the Nest 24th Feb!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Birdie85 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5431
firefly369
Old 07-12-2012, 9:41 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Morning Ladies,

Amy - Think you might need a rest after that epic post

T2D - Thanks once more for the brilliant list. Good luck with the results (today, I think). I shouldn't try to just remember stuff, should take notes

Becca - Hope you had a wonderful day. Many Happy Returns.

Birdie - 'Any other imports on here?' - Not me but my OH is a sexy Dutch man I love his Dutch accent and I go all fluttery when he takes to me in Dutch

MV - Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tinks - I hope you find the therapy helpful. Much Love to You x.

Kelly - Enjoy Amsterdam. I love visiting The Netherlands. It is very cold and icy there at the moment so take your woolies

Welcome Mrs M_T

Big Hugs to everyone in the wine and Chocolate Zone. I am sure I will be joining you shortly as had a big temp drop this morning so the witch is on her way. Not really surprised this month.
Have my Soy all ready for next cycle. To all those who have used it what dosage did you start with 50mg or 100mg?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to firefly369 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5432
Mrs_T_M
Old 07-12-2012, 9:46 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

I'm feeling kind of down this morning due to having a really bad episode with my neck/shoulder muscles again and being forced to take anti-inflammatories. I hate taking medicines anyway, but being reduced to tears and the husband threatening to call an ambulance for me at midnight last night broke me. I'm going to the GP about it tomorrow morning so long as it isn't too bad icy. I've had trouble with my right subscapular muscle (muscle between ribs and shoulder blade) for nearly 10 years. Since flying back from Thanksgiving in the US (arrived back on 25 Nov) my neck has also been giving me trouble. I ended up having taking another dose of anti-inflammatories this morning around 8 as well.

To help myself feel a bit better I've been watching it snow (we don't really get snow where I'm from!) and letting the bunnies run around and amuse me with their silliness this morning.

I haven't really found anyone to "become friends" with since moving countries back in April. It typically doesn't bother me, but on days like today, a bit of distraction would be nice.

Wanted to BD last night, but considering we had done so night before last AND yesterday morning, I think I broke the husband! Oopsie.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Hope that everyone here has a wonderful day!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mrs_T_M For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5433
vesper
Old 07-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Mrstm, sorry to hear you are in pain. Here is a great forum to make friends, not friends as in "hullo lets pop down to the cafe and have a coffee and chin wag mates" but defintely people that listen to your innner woes and fears. IYGWIM. All of my real life friends are ones I went to school with, and I left school 10 years ago!!!

Ahhh at the bunnies running round, animals are so theraputic. Well I agree with my own theory, but I've had to hide upstairs as my ferrets are rampaging around my living room at the moment. Can't wait til the weekend we are sorting them out their own little room, as I can never get anything crafty done at my desk while they are asking for attention all the time.

So jelous you have snow, we have nothing here. Would have been nice, as am planning to go to Lincoln Christmas market. Have never been before as I was always working before.

Very jelous also of these Christmas works parties, I've never been to a works' xmas party. Hubby has his next week, he's never been invited to it, as it's usually management, but he was invited this year, even though he's not management. I will have to have my own little one on my own, now who has the keys to the AF room so I can break in early and use it as party central?
Remember never judge someone that makes a mistake, because in six months time it may be you that makes the next mistake.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vesper For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5434
lilymay1
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

MV - Just thought I would pop in and tell you I am having my first reflexology session at 1pm
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lilymay1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5435
lao_cat
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi ladies, sorry have been MIA recently work is crazy busy and I have recently moved desks so my screen is more on display so I can only read / reply from my phone!!

I am cd24 and about 10dpo (can't but in pink on phone sorry)

We bd regularly from cd9 so feeling like we have a chance this month. If no of by Tuesday the 11th I will test.

Welcome to mrstm and hugs to those who need them

Xxxxxx
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lao_cat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5436
cozza123
Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Afternoon everyone

well AF has gone CD6 and i'm trying to keep everything crossed for this month as for once my OH is home every night so hopefully lots of BDing normally he's only home at weekends has sports on saturday and leaves for work on sunday evening. since June we have been trying after getting all ok from hospital after 3 mc's but with him being away alot its quite difficult. I've tried ovulation kits but for some reason cant get any results from them.
Loan as of 3rd of July £5077.74
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cozza123 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5437
Lara44
Old 07-12-2012, 12:41 PM

Hey Ladies

I started getting EWCM on CD11, which is great as I didn't seem to get any last cycle (the first after Implanon). But on the same day I started to get period pains. It's CD13 now and they are still rumbling along. I don't think it's Ov pain. It happened this way the last cycle too, which was only 20 days. Perhaps my body isn't making enough progesterone as i've spent the last 6 years flooding my body with it?

I have IBS which is another layer of complexity! Anyone else have the same after Implanon? Looks like it might take a long time for my body to get back to normal - eep.

Hugs to all
June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lara44 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5438
Metranil Vavin
Old 07-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Enjoy the reflexology lily

I absolutely love it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metranil Vavin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5439
Mrs_T_M
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesper View Post
Mrstm, sorry to hear you are in pain. Here is a great forum to make friends, not friends as in "hullo lets pop down to the cafe and have a coffee and chin wag mates" but defintely people that listen to your innner woes and fears. IYGWIM. All of my real life friends are ones I went to school with, and I left school 10 years ago!!!

Ahhh at the bunnies running round, animals are so theraputic. Well I agree with my own theory, but I've had to hide upstairs as my ferrets are rampaging around my living room at the moment. Can't wait til the weekend we are sorting them out their own little room, as I can never get anything crafty done at my desk while they are asking for attention all the time.

So jelous you have snow, we have nothing here. Would have been nice, as am planning to go to Lincoln Christmas market. Have never been before as I was always working before.

Very jelous also of these Christmas works parties, I've never been to a works' xmas party. Hubby has his next week, he's never been invited to it, as it's usually management, but he was invited this year, even though he's not management. I will have to have my own little one on my own, now who has the keys to the AF room so I can break in early and use it as party central?
The snow has turned to rain here now, but at least I was able to go out and get soaked from playing in it for a bit.

My husband has a work party to go to tonight as well. I definitely wont get an invite to that. His boss hates me because when I worked there I pointed out that they hadn't trained me and I was little more than a secretary. His response? You live with the head of tech support for us, you have no excuses. He also told me that I would be required to work overtime without pay. I ended up quitting two days later, so he now hates me. Meh, oh well. I'm accustommed to being hated. My entire school career I was hated for being the 'geek' then I was attacked on another forum last year due to me getting refused leave of entry on my first trip to the uk (it was quite a fight to get here, but after using a solicitor and lots of money, I got my spousal visa and finally was able to come to the uk).

The rabbits are therapy animals for me, but sometimes they cause way more stress than they alleviate. Example: Annabelle has a fascination with electrical cables. We know this and had, we thought, properly 'bunny proofed' our front room for them. Apparently not. My cable for the wii sensor bar has been sliced cleanly in two, rendering it useless until we can get a replacement. I know, nothing much to stress over, but very irritating to say the least.

I'm beginning to think I've got a trapped or pinched nerve in my shoulder that's causing the neck woes. I'm not hurting at the moment though.

I've got a bit of light cramping today, so if anything is going on in there hopefully I haven't screwed it up by taking the medicine last night and this morning.

If you can't tell yet, I will chat your ears off if I get the chance online. I'm even worse on twitter! In real life, I don't think I could be any shyer though!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrs_T_M For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5440
bigzippy
Old 07-12-2012, 1:23 PM

Amy, were you on the waiting to ttc thread, before this one? Maybe that's where you "met" me first?

I don't post as much on here cos I've been trying so long it's depressing to think about, never mind read, for newbies etc. Trying to keep you guys' hope alive

I'm CD9 though and finished taking all my clomid for this cycle, ovaries (I assume!) are feeling swollen, second "high" on the cbfm, and thinking I might tidy the bedroom, wash all the sheets and shower before DH gets home, to set the mood a little

Welcome to the newbie(s)

Cozza, have you tried a CBFM? I'm marvelling in it's simplicity, after having no luck whatsoever with OPKs
"I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May

MiniZee born January '14
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigzippy For This Useful Post: Show me >>