Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    kiplingmonkey
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December
    • 30th Nov 12, 9:09 AM
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December 30th Nov 12 at 9:09 AM
    AND HEREWE GO AGAIN FOR ANOTHER MONTH! As usual this initial post has been shamelesslycopied from the many previous months! A big THANK YOU to Sunshineyday for starting us off last month.

Welcome all newbies andregulars to this very friendly and chatty thread where we give lots of lovelytips on how to use up your stash and lots of support and encouragement if youneed them.

Keep up the pampering and keepdown the spending: lets make the naughty step an empty and lonely place this month(rather than one so long that it can be seen from space)! Will this be themonth when the "usual suspects" rein it in a bit? Let's see..... (butI doubt it!)

Remember - those products donothing for you while they are locked in drawers, boxes and cupboards!

We are eternally grateful to KatieClampet who set up this fab challenge in January 2010.

Here's her original challenge post:

"No buying any new toiletries, cosmetics, perfume etc... until I haveused up ALL the ones I already have. I got a huge amount of (really nice) stufffor christmas but I am going to resist the urge to browse Boots, Asda,Superdrug etc, and pop another tub of cream, face scrub, shampoo or conditionerinto my basket. I reckon the stuff I have will last me until possibly June. Ihave decided that the money I save I will put into my special holiday account.
    Anyone else?"

Lots of us have taken part in thechallenge over the past few months and are making great progress in reducingour stashes and unnecessary/excessive spending.

Regulars ignore this, but a quick resume is always helpful for newbies;

Why not add the challenge to yoursig as a reminder?

We have a "Swaps Group" on Facebook when you can swap good conditionitems with other like-minded addicts. PM Sarah*a or xoxo or Trudijfor more info on joining.

How about taking a bit of time to do a stock-take and see if there are any gapsin your stash that you might need to spend on this month? Some of us set abudget for the month for essential purchases or to help with withdrawalsymptoms, others like to go cold-turkey!! Other ideas which some people finduseful: Listing everything out so you can cross things off as used to increasethe sense of achievement, and putting a sum of money in a pot each time you useup an item to save for something you really want, or simply to assist in makingfuture essential purchases "cash neutral".

Remember the challenge is about makingthe most of your money, enjoying your products, finding which products reallysuit you best and are worth buying, giving yourself a well-deserved pamperingand breaking the habit of buying for thesake of buying.In money-saving tradition, it should also be about making your products l-a-s-tas long as possible (although the temptation of using an unloved shower gelextravagently to finish it off is sometimes too much to bear!)

Brand new products (or opened perfume) sell well on ebay
    Unsuitable products can be used for other jobs (shower gel/shampoo as handwashetc)

Some items can be returned to certain stores for exchange (for essential itemsor gifts!!) without a receipt

Unwanted items can be recycled as gifts or for gift hampers (saving the moneyyou'd have spent on gifts)

Unsuitable items can be donated to charity as mentioned earlier.

It helps to avoid the places where temptation lurks for you; be it QVC, Boots,Bodyshop, the supermarket toiletries aisles, grabbit board, online toiletriesbrowsing, seductive department store beauty counter offers etc. Rememberretailers are making offers and promotions all the time, so there willl alwaysbe another deal!*

*Honest!

Good luck all for December and indeed the rest of the year, and remember to keep popping in for inspirationand support, and to report your UU's and IN's.

Especially any sales bargains - we want a nosy and to keep your stash listsupdated

Welcome to all newbies - the more the merrier. Please introduce yourselves sowe can welcome you properly!

Oh - and anyone thinking "OMG my stash is FAR bigger than all of theirs, Icant possibly join" - believe you me, we have been doing this challengefor well over a year some of us - you wont scare us, and I can almost guaranteethat someone somewhere will have had more and survived.... we are verysupportive (and protective - so dont be scared !!) oh - and we are nosey!!|

Useful abbreviations!

WIBA? - Will I Buy Again?
    UU - Use Ups
    IN - Self explanatory - stuff you've gained into your stash - warning,lines may be given out for unnecessary purchases or you may be sent to thenaughty step!
    WNBA - Will Not Buy Again!
    Glitch - when a shop/online store make a pricing mistake so you end uppaying less or even get freebies!
    PYN(M/T/W/Th/F/Sa/Su) DELETE AS APPROPRIATE! - Paint Your NailsMonday/Tuesday...... it allows everyone to try and finish those dastardly nailvarnishes with group support! You can never be too groomed for this thread Alsosee PY(T)N... - for toenails!
    Splutterer - the stage where an item is nearing the end of it's life andspluttering - also the most annoying and seemingly never ending stage!
    GWP - Gift With Purchase - a sample or mini sized item
    HG - Holy Grail - this is the product you would go back for time andtime again, it does the job brilliantly, and is either economical, or sofantastic price becomes no object!
    NPI - Near Purchasing Incident (OMG we all have those!)
    LHJ - Long Haul Job - for those products - love 'em or hate 'em - thatnever seem to end no matter how often you use them
    PRCP -Pink Rose Candle Philosophy.From Erma Bombeck who said, 'If I had my life to live over again I would haveburned the pink candle sculptured like a rose that melted in storage'. Don'tkeep things 'for best' or 'for a special occasion'. That day never arrives.Give the best to yourself now and enjoy it. (Thanks to McCulloch29 forintroducing this thought provoking sentiment to us)
    GA- for an out that was given away rather than binned or UU, to charity,as a present, or "just because!".

TA - for an out that was thrown away due to going off (generally as ithas been lurking at the back of a stash since time immemorial) or for any otherreason such as a broken container or spillage.

If anyone can think of any more we can add to the list so newbies won't beintimidated by our jargon!

Graduates

Here is a list of our lovely,fragrant ladies who have polished and pampered their way through their productsand managed to get their toiletries stash under control. Ladies -congratulations You are an inspiration to the rest of us, xx . Thanks also toerm, me () who suggested we start the Graduate list. To join the list ofgraduates let us know by posting that you are graduating in big colourfulletters, that way the OP can easily spot you and add you to the list, or betterstill - pm the OP as the thread can move really quickly! You may also wish toadd how many products you have used up during the challenge, good luck ladiesxx

1.mineallmine - graduated with honours March 2011
    2.Bronnie - graduated with honours March 2011
    3. lostinrates - graduated with honours around June 2010
    4. Ruby_Eskimo - graduated with honours Jun 2012
    5. Seaside dreamer -graduated with honours Oct 2012

Previous threads:

In case you need to refer back to a previous stash list or product review -here are the links for the past few months challenge threads:
    March: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3823189
    February:
    January: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3702779
    December: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3643977
    November: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3583027
    October: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3520791
    September: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3457221
    August: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3392750
    July: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3330436
    June: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3264270
    May: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3201982
    June: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3991985
    July: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4046033
    August 2012:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4100267
    September 2012: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4152789
    October 2012 http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4205719
    November 2012 http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4262511

SPC Member #067 SPC5 = 145 SPC6 = 192.08 SPC7= 478.13
    2 savers club member #202 2013 = 302 2014 = 360

Page 11
  • miclare
    Hello all and hugs and positive thoughts to all those that need them!

I didnt do brilliantly since joining last month, I thought I'd have loads of UUs but the dam things just keep on spluttering out more product! Have been naughty and just ordered the LE skincare offer - but I actually have a few bits I need to put on Ebay and the C&P from the order will be joining it so I'm holding off on how many ins it's cost me until I've Ebayed and sold the bits that I dont need and possibly a few other bits. Sounds a bit of a cop out but they will all be accounted for I promise!

I'm not sure if I'm a member of the GB group or not, what's it called or can someone pm me with info please as I'd love to swap some bits x
    No buying un-necessary toiletries challenge - Start total: 235. Current total: 273!!
  • catslovelycats
    Think I need to pop in for this month. Have been tempted to buy a few things on offer in the last couple of weeks so think I need to be focused!

I have been really good at not buying things since I joined about a year ago, but it's taking forever to get through stuff! I've given lots away but kept the bits that I will be able to get through.

To anyone new to this, keep at it. You'll soon change your mindset and buying toiletries won't be such an addiction (as it had been with me).

Best of luck to everyone. All the special offers are so tempting at the moment!
    MFW2014 2228.34/2K MFW2015 #80 6649.08/9K May
    MTG 130KFEB10 105972.90DEC13 97037.12DEC14 (157 repays MAY15 exp JUN28)
  • SuiDreams
    Amarya box came so can catch up with the thread now
  • emslovesmickey
    A rare make up UU, UD primer potion. Got another in the stash but i will buy again cos it makes a real difference to eye shadow IMHO
  • emsjune78
    Morning everyone, bit behind reading, major probs yesterday, please send some positive vibes to my little brother B (51) airlifted to hospital with a major heart problem, touch and go atm, just praying he can hold on long enough to be taken into theatre for surgery. No need to post back to me, but if you can spare him a thought, as I really do believe in the power of positive thought etc. Thanks.
    Originally posted by maddiemay
    Sending lots and lots of positive vibes for your brother xx
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge - Started January 2012 UU/GA/TA=640 IN=508
  • Itzybitzy
    UU

Avon Naturals Almond Oil and Avocado Conditioner, 250ml - WBA, really nice and cheap! My hair seems to like it and it smells really lovely!

IN

Colgate Max One Toothpaste, 19ml
    Total debts = 3116, 2216 20661916176616161466131611661016866
    DMP 150 each month
    Total paid off so far 2150
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
    • seasideDreamer
    • By seasideDreamer 6th Dec 12, 8:24 PM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 8,593 Thanks
    seasideDreamer
    UU BS lemongrass shower gel, loved it and a bargain at 1 a few weeks back
    Debt free and busy treating myself

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
    • TallGirl
    • By TallGirl 6th Dec 12, 9:23 PM
    • 3,663 Posts
    • 7,661 Thanks
    TallGirl
    Two used ups

body Shop almond oil nail pen WNBA lasted a very short time so super expensive even with all their discounts. Will need something else has now run out of cuticle oil/cream

Mini mango shower gel think it was called something like Queens. WBA was nice but have a few to work my way though there were 5 in a packet .
  • Tater

body Shop almond oil nail pen WNBA lasted a very short time so super expensive even with all their discounts. Will need something else has now run out of cuticle oil/cream
    Originally posted by TallGirl
    I found this too - I really liked it but it seemed to be finished as soon as it had been started!
  • VALM
    I did manage to resist the Elemis TSV, took myself off to the Countrywide store instead and spent the equivalent amount on a new bird feeding station, 4 new bird feeders and lots of expensive bird food, well rewarded as in less than 15 minutes there were lots of "diners" visiting. For the first time since my operation I have managed to spend some time in the garden today, I really enjoyed it, but in spite of wearing gloves my nails are wrecked. I have loads of new colours to try, must go and have a play I think.

Big hugs to all that need them and huge congratulations to Emma via VALM, hope the new bedroom furniture is all that you hoped for, and well done for that very way of stocking up on your HG Elemis. Those of us who have bought when perhaps we shouldn't, perhaps we should be thinking out some diversionary tactics for the next few months, like we used to be encouraged to do at Weight Watchers to stop the evening snacking.
    Hi maddiemay. We bought a bird feeder earlier in the year and though we keep it fully stocked only ever seem to attract big fat pigeons to it. Even the solitary squirrel that used to come and feed at it seems to have been frightened off.

Thank you so much for the congratulations and am loving our new bedrooms. Wished we had done them sooner.

I went though my bag with nail varnishes yesterday to throw away some of those to replace 5 nail varnishes I received as a birthday present a while ago. The lids on all 5 were stuck so couldn't open any of those so will bring those into Boots to ask for a replacement. Sadly my all time favourite nail varnish which they no longer make is now used up and I have never managed to find another one in that shade of pink.
    Originally posted by Becky 2
    Hi Becky. You should post on here the colour that you used to love. You never know one of us may know of a dupe for it.

Well done to Emma VALM, sounds like she did brilliantly, you must be very proud.
    Originally posted by emsjune78
    I have a UU today - Anotomicals Help The Paw hand cream - lasted literally another two weeks cut open as there was so much stuck in the tube. WBA - v nice and really cheap, bargain. Moving onto a L'Occitane Mango mini next.

I also just remembered that I got a shower creme in Morrisons on Saturday before my little TBS splurge so thats Morrisons Orchid White Shower Creme 400ml as an IN - meaning I've bought 1900ml of shower gel in December so far How funny, it was a very good price [/QUOTE]

thanks Emsjune, am always proud of her. x

I have 4 INS and 2 UUS to report. All of the INS were free and were gifted by Emma after clearing her bedroom:-

OPI nail lacquer
    OPI Avoplex hand cream
    No. 7 hand cream
    No 7 Protect and Perfect serum

UUS: L'occitane Mango hand cream. I see that you are moving onto this one next. I really enjoyed using it and it soothed my hands really well as they are so dry at the moment. Am glad that Emma gave me more handcream as the only ones I now have are the L'occitane freebie ones that I've got earmarked for gfits.

Other UU: L'occitane Verbena shower gel. Love this and WBA although have a Bath and Body Works White Citrus shower gel to use before then.

What did you buy from TBS? I placed an order for Emma for her to make up some kits for her friends.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!
  • VALM
    My Elemis TSV has just arrived - smells wonderful.
    So 6 products to add to my huuuuuge list
    Originally posted by mickey mouse
    My Elemis TSV arrived today too. Haven't opened anything except the Evening Blooms oil which smells heavenly.
    Originally posted by dolly84
    Mine arrived on Tuesday. The builder took delivery of them whilst we were out. Have opened them all and checked them. One of the bottles of body cream is dented but I can keep that one so not too fussed. They have now been sent to "santa" and put away for my birthday in February so I'm cheekily not going to count them as INs until I've been officially given them.

I also placed an order with JL yesterday for the Marc Jacobs Daisy shower gel and body lotion that my sister wanted. The price match on these twoproducsts is brilliant at the moment. Worth checking out if anyone wants any.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!
  • VALM
    LE intensive nourishing treatment - used this as a handmask to try and soften up my dry hands. I really like using it for this purpose but not too keen on it for the face. This was a little old and the smell had gone a bit funny - Mr KM commented that whatever I had on my hands smelt of vomit! It wasn't a great smell but not that bad, honest...
    Originally posted by kiplingmonkey
    I agree with MrKM about the smell of this one (and all her "treatment" products TBH). It's the camphor in them I can't bear.

Evening all!

Rosemary, I think you may have hit a real LB moment this week! I definitely agree with both you and indiepanda over the stockpiling issues. Personally I know I have problems with decluttering generally; I get upset when OH throws things away, get emotionally attached to objects and have a recurring nightmare of empty kitchen cupboards. So the idea of stockpiling for a nuclear winter extends to all areas of my life. Toiletries in particular are an easy pick me up for me; they're fairly cheap, last a long time, but the thrill of purchasing has worn off recently.
    Originally posted by rogueylawyer
    I got over hoarding things when my father in law died and we had to clear his house. I never understood what my mother in law (who died before him) meant when she said they would not downsize as they used every room in the house! It turned out every room in the house was used for storage of something or other. MrM didn't want to part with anything and thinking about the amount of stuff in our loft makes me feel queasy. When we were emptying the wardrobes this week for the revamp he called me upstairs to ask if I wanted any of the books he had retrieved from it as if they were mine. I came upstairs to be faced with a pile of X file conspiracy type books that he was always reading in the 90's which have probably all been debunked by now!! Being abducted by aliens is clearly not on trend anymore. He was upset when I told him to chuck the lot. Anyway I digress - what I'm trying to say is don't hoard. The special offers will always come around again.

Hello Ladies --- I'm back!!!

Welcome to all the newbies - and hugs to all. It seems a lot of us are in need right now.

Mum and i had a lovely trip to the US to visit family - it was great to see mum having such a good time after the year she has had.

I got my results from the genetics centre, and I'm a moderatly high risk. I am going to begin yearly visits to the family history clinic but so far that's all that is needed. V pleased with that!

Managed to get through my whole holiday buying 3 BE Buxom lip gloss (Liberty) so hard to find it near me, I now have enough to last through 2013 Also bought 1 eyeshadow - because it was reduced bu 80%, a moment of weakness! Went to Five Below and bought two Sally Hanson nail sticker thingies - leopard print and black glitter, $2 each. So not bad at all. Will glitter my nails whilst working christmas night!

I managed three trips to Sephora and bought - drum roll please----- NOTHING. Am I cured, or just ill??? Mum was quite concerned when I uttered the words 'I really don't need anything, and I will just see lovely stuff that I will have to buy - can we go please' I have to say, I had to take a moment pat myself on the back and have a little sit down.

I did however run riot in Whole Foods - its the size of a giant TESCO, OMG, I love that place. Bought a whole load of stuff home So glad I don't live close to one here, would never have any money.

My clarissonic is wonderfull - bought it during another moment of weakness in Oct. Will not look back. Using decleor cleansing wash at the mo and all is good.

Will be gifting some of my stash as part of xmas gifts - so that will reduce it a little. Also, work have asked for 'anything' this year for hamper gifts - including toiletries. So may well pass a few things on to the people collecting. Will be just my luck to win the blooming things back!

Althought I have not 'written off' December, I'm guessing that with work and xmas I will be a little busy, so my intention is to begin my new stash list this month. Then when I (no doubt) get smellies for xmas I can add it to the list. In Jan when I manage to post a full up-to-date list I can feel very proud of myself. (let's see if it happens) The intention is there at least.

I also plan to continue my 1 in the pot for every uu and 5 in the pot for each TSV I do not buy. In addition I would like to have a more structured list, so will start counting up my UU. Think this will give me more of a sense of achievement - I clearly need that!

Hope everyone has a lovely day - I will be in bed sleeping after my nightshift!
    Originally posted by scrappie
    Lovely to see you back scrappie and your trip sounds wonderful. Congrats on not spending in Sephora though the thought of walking out of that store with zero purchases makes me feel queasy. x
  • VALM
    Morning everyone, bit behind reading, major probs yesterday, please send some positive vibes to my little brother B (51) airlifted to hospital with a major heart problem, touch and go atm, just praying he can hold on long enough to be taken into theatre for surgery. No need to post back to me, but if you can spare him a thought, as I really do believe in the power of positive thought etc. Thanks.
    Thinking of you maddiemay. Take care. Love Val xx

how awful,you have my prayers and hugs.I am at an age when I am starting to think about how long people I know have leftof course I also worry about what they will say if I go first and they see my stashnext years resolution is to use money I would have spent on stuff to put in my cupboard(am thinking of it that way as not actually using much as only so much stuff you can put on your face at once)to go out and enjoy life.think i would be shocked if i added up what I had spent.
    just bought OH another christmas pressie as feeling a bit guilty at how much I spend on myself

just bought glamour jan issue for the Body shop card....mag was 1.50 and card worth at least 3 but could be 15 or 100

am guessing mine will be 3struggles to read the small print even with glasses on but think you have to spend it all at once so lucky girls with 100 take note!
    Originally posted by rosemary54
    This is what I mean about stashing things!! Mind you I'd understand finding a stash of lovely toiletries more than finding the drawer full of tape measures at FIL's house. I kid you not.

What's the glamour mag give away?

I almost forgot to declare some more INs that I bought today but in my defence they are travel sizes to take to York with us this weekend. Bought Aussie shampoo and conditioner (only have huge bottles of V05 in at the moment). Have packed a travel sized bottle of elemis Frangipani shower cream. We are driving there straight from work tomorrow night so I won't "speak" with you ladies till after the weekend. Have a good time everyone and wrap up warm!! MrM and Emma will be pleased I'm dragging them around museums to keep out of the cold. xx
  • mcculloch29
    Minor LBM.
    Maddiemay, you're in all our thoughts. Wishing you strength and comfort. I worry about my bro and sis - they are older than me, Sis, 63 has retired, Bro is 61 (doesn't look it).

York is one of my favourite places Val - and my daughter's. Most of the times I've been there it's been work - related though, as two organisations I've worked for have used the city for regional meetings. It was cold and rainy up here today with ice forecast, and York is only 50 miles away. Hope you are OK underfoot on your visit and enjoy your stay.

I've been looking at my stash, not that there's much, and I had a bit of a Light Bulb Moment with regard to why I buy stuff I don't exactly need.

One strategy I use (apart from a big drop in income) that helps me avoid buying edible (fattening) treats is to imagine what it tastes like and picture myself eating it before I pick it up.
    I remind myself that I have eaten it before, or something very similar, and it really isn't worth derailing my diet for. It works quite well for me.

But we can't do that with toiletries. My UU of today was a 75ml Avon Foot Works Berry & Vanilla foot cream. I love vanilla scents so "had" to buy it.

It's actually quite a sweet, pleasant smell but not quite as nice as I thought it would be, TBH. That's the key with so much I buy.

Words used for texture can entice too.. I bought a rose & peach body whip the other week; it was the word "whip" that lured me, a light cream to sink in well and not make me feel sticky as some heavy creams do. Well, that whip smells overwhelmingly to me of not rose or peach, but of bitter potassium citrate. The texture is lovely, the scent is not.

And even when you like a smell, the product can be wrong. I've twice bought chocolate scented toiletries because I assumed using a smell I liked would mean I liked the product.
    But I found that using products that made me smell like Thornton's at 7 am wasn't as pleasant as I thought it would be.

So back to the UU. WIBA with the foot cream? Well, I already did on my last but one Avon order. It's not that bad, but it's not that cheap either unless it's on SO. Last time it was on a four items for a fiver offer (or was it three?) and too good to miss.

The Avon brochure is sat at my feet - I bought my DS a giant 750 ml shower gel for 1.99 and that arrived today but didn't buy myself anything.
    Mantra... I don't need anything ... I don't need anything ...

I haven't looked at it yet though ...
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • scrappie
    Maddiemay - sending you and your family positive thoughts and prayers. I hope that your brother soon shows signs of improvement. Thinking of you all.

Off to look at JL site for 'Daisy' goddaughter loves that stuff..

Scrappie
    No Buying Toiletries in 2013

SPC # 1336
    VSP #54

• VALM
    York is one of my favourite places Val - and my daughter's. Most of the times I've been there it's been work - related though, as two organisations I've worked for have used the city for regional meetings. It was cold and rainy up here today with ice forecast, and York is only 50 miles away. Hope you are OK underfoot on your visit and enjoy your stay.

And even when you like a smell, the product can be wrong. I've twice bought chocolate scented toiletries because I assumed using a smell I liked would mean I liked the product.
    But I found that using products that made me smell like Thornton's at 7 am wasn't as pleasant as I thought it would be.
    Originally posted by mcculloch29
    Thanks. We were away in York this time last year and it was very wet so have packed loads of warm clothing. Emma unfortunately has started with a cold so will have to pack lots of cold remedy items as well.

The best chocolate fragrance I've tried is Philosophy Double Hot Cocoa shower gel. Love this in Autumn/Winter as it warms me up.

Maddiemay - sending you and your family positive thoughts and prayers. I hope that your brother soon shows signs of improvement. Thinking of you all.

Off to look at JL site for 'Daisy' goddaughter loves that stuff..

Originally posted by scrappie
    Hope you got sorted scrappie. I see it's still on offer at the moment. I was a bit miffed a couple of weeks ago because it was price matched then at 15.00@ and sold out by the time I realised. Put in a request for an email when it was back in stock thinking that by then it would be back to regular price and was chuffed when it came back in stock at an even lower price. I reckon I've saved a third on the price of both items so very pleased. x
  • mickey mouse
    Maddiemay - my thoughts are with you - gentle hugs

UU - sample of Elemis active skin complex .

Have a great day everyone
    Use toiletries up challenge started 1/12/12 264 items

UU 7 item
  • Itzybitzy
    UU

Nivea Double Effect Deo, 50ml - WBA nice simple deo!

INS

Primark Cleansing Wipes 25 x 2
    Last edited by Itzybitzy; 07-12-2012 at 2:04 PM.
    Total debts = 3116, 2216 20661916176616161466131611661016866
    DMP 150 each month
    Total paid off so far 2150
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • Tater
    UU Batiste dry shampoo.

I have tried again to use the Superdrug version but it just seems to make my hair wet and greasier, not sure where I am going wrong but think I will give up and TA

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • wondercollie
    Oh, I hope the surgery goes well!

I finished the half marathon in Vegas. I honestly thought I was doing a 10KM thingie. But I've got the medal, tshirt, and race bib.

TA an Estee Lauder Sensous Pleasures gwp size eau de cologne. Smelt like hairspray on me.

UU a Maybelline Volume mascara. It was good better than the pink and green tube but I think it was discontinued.

I was good and left the hotel toilletries behind. The bathrooms in the Venetian are huge. I put the bathtub and foam bath to good use!

I wound up coming home with a Nars blusher, a box of four Clinique Black Honey liptubes and a few things I sent directly to the boys girlfriends. Oh, and a grapefruit roll on cologne. For the life of me I can't remember who makes it.

It's -22 out here and that's not factoring in the windchill. Keep warm and enjoy your stash.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

375Posts Today

3,364Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin