Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    darkpool
    Last Share you Bought?
    • 14th Apr 12, 9:32 AM
    Last Share you Bought? 14th Apr 12 at 9:32 AM
    I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone was buying and why.

Last week I bought:

Firstgroup, because of the stonking 12.5% yield and 7.5 PE ratio. I think with austerity people will use public transport more, I also think it likely the Government will encourage more people to use public transport. Quite a few possible minuses with this one - reduction of subsidies, and a high fixed costs business

British Land, just because I think it's a good long term holding. It owns a lot of dull dependable Tesco stores etc. On the minus side I think property companies will have a few bad years because the banks don't have money to lend for development it would be a 'mare if BL couldn't rollover debt when it matured
Page 8
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

911Posts Today

5,839Users online

Martin's Twitter