Last Share you Bought?

Options

Comments

• marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    But how long will these dividends keep up?

When will the price stop falling?

I stopped buying Aviva a while back.

I am happy if the yield halves TBH (although I can see no reason why they should dip too much) and yes the share price has bobbed between 280 and 350 a share for a few months, currently in profit, just, for me. Long term the price should recover or at least stabalise a little over done in my view.

If your view differs please share why, you have expressed a view as to why you stopped buying (one presumes also sold what you held) other than a rapid decline in share price what gave you this opinion?
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • JonnyBravo
    JonnyBravo Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    JonnyBravo wrote: »
    So that was back at 34p
    Moving on up.
    >£50m market cap now.
    Funding secured for new plant so no dilution.
    Interims due next week.
    Possibly 50k oz/Au this year.

Me at 44p now
    > :)
    Me at 55p by yr end ----> :D
    Me at 66p next year ----> :j

Come back from a nice weekend away to find AAZ well ahead of my schedule.
    :D
    Results for Q3 probably out this week.
    Nice.
  • JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 October 2012 at 5:00PM
    Options
    Are you going to sell them? :) Or keep holding it?

In my case though, I just bought GOOD as part of my insane sustainable portfolio back in 30 August 2012. To my surprise, the share price risen by 50% until this Friday and going to pay interim dividend of 1p or £3.76 gross. Compared to ACE, EDEN and ONE (all showing negative returns), it is a very pleasant surprise. :D

Cheers

Joe
  • JonnyBravo
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    JoeCrystal wrote: »

Hold.
    Too much news is due out in the next six months to consider selling now.
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 7 October 2012 at 8:40PM
    Options
    I put AAZ in my fantasy portfolio :o They look too good to be true, this is why pessimism is bad for you

I got BP and GKP last week, considering oil is weaker now that might not have been a great idea.
    POG or VGM might make more sense so long as gold stays strong and obviously if it goes to 2000 like it could

Whats a good price AAZ might hold, if people 'sell the news' in these results
  • Pocketsaver
    Options
    JoeCrystal wrote: »

In my case though, I just bought GOOD as part of my insane sustainable portfolio back in 30 August 2012. To my surprise, the share price risen by 50% until this Friday and going to pay interim dividend of 1p or £3.76 gross. Compared to ACE, EDEN and ONE (all showing negative returns), it is a very pleasant surprise. :D

Cheers

Joe

I have been considering GOOD as well. The difference between the bid and ask is ridiculous though. At the moment, the range is 165-170p, but I am quoted a price of 177p! Plus, the rise it has seen since the summer has been rapid. I am worried I might be getting near the top.
  • JonnyBravo
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 8 October 2012 at 6:40PM
    Options
    I put AAZ in my fantasy portfolio :o They look too good to be true, this is why pessimism is bad for you

Whats a good price AAZ might hold, if people 'sell the news' in these results

:rotfl:I've no idea. Wish I did know, I'd be a rich man.

In short, if everything goes remotely close to plan it'll be a lot higher than 55p when the AL plant starts up in H1 2013. It now seems the plant will be ready early H1 which is great.

The drilling continues apace and if that coincides with the plant then the numbers could be amazing. (Some non-JORC compliant reports have suggested 8m oz gold at Gedabek and theyre currently at 1m. 30,000m of drilling could well see a step change in resource, initial indications have been promising)

If the plant runs gets up to 150tph (as announced today) and runs for 85% of the time with 3g/tonne ore, (all very possible) then we're looking at 108koz/Au/yr.
    108koz/yr @ $1700 with costs of production at $600 (should be lower but lets be conservative) = $119m/yr profit.

Only 111m shares. Current market cap of c.£60m

As you say. It looks too good to be true.
    I've gone with gut and invested a mind boggling amount. :eek:

I'm currently loving it but now just need to make sure it doesn't go all CAD. :rotfl:

Of course, I'm not offering investment advice simply sharing why I'm currently loving AAZ!
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    JonnyBravo wrote: »
    I've gone with gut and invested a mind boggling amount. :eek:

Golly, are we going to see an RNS about you passing the next holding declaration level? :D
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • JonnyBravo
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    Golly, are we going to see an RNS about you passing the next holding declaration level? :D

I'm a gangster and just ignore such nonsense :cool:
  • JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 October 2012 at 8:24PM
    Options
    I have been considering GOOD as well. The difference between the bid and ask is ridiculous though. At the moment, the range is 165-170p, but I am quoted a price of 177p! Plus, the rise it has seen since the summer has been rapid. I am worried I might be getting near the top.

That is really one of the risks of investing. But then, timing the shares tend to be bad idea or not. :)

I tend not to use price-earnings ratio but it might provide answers in this case. Adjusted for last twelve months' earning and shares, it is now 20.78. Compared to 30 Aug 2012 at 16.48, there is not that much of the difference? I think it is noticeable that when the interim report was issued, the share price leaped almost as if to reflect the increased earnings at 17.68. Either way, I am totally clueless on price-earnings. :(

But my personal view that it might just stay there. If you look at the price chart of GOOD, they generally do not move much. Of course, that is just my view and it could fall heavily as well.

Cheers

Joe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family