Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mf0u1098
    The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!
    • 3rd Apr 12, 9:16 PM
    The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!! 3rd Apr 12 at 9:16 PM
    Hey everyone, it's me again!!!

On 15th November 2011 I created a challenge to pay off all my debts by Xmas 2012. Along the way I am proud to have been joined by over 300 wonderful people who all have the same goal in mind, to be debt free by Xmas 12.

So far, we have have pledged to pay off over £3million and have so far already paid off over £300,000 in just 19 weeks which is phenomenal.

On the next few posts are the lists of all our lovely members and their totals paid off versus what they started the challenge with. Don't worry about working out the % as I can do this for you, although I will put how you can work them out for yourself on one of the next few posts!

We also have a weightloss challenge on this thread as well as a mini weekly challenge run by our lovely Kerri_DFW. Kerfuffle (thank you! x) has been compiling these challenges and I have put them one of the next posts.

There is also an information post where you can get tips on what the lingo is on here as well as help on Snowballing, creating signatures and subscribing to a thread. In addition we have a post showing our monthly grand totals and a running total for how much we've paid off so far in the challenge.

One of the best posts is our very own DFBX12 Roll of Honour post. Two of our members have already achieved debtfreedom and are an inspiration to us all. This has led to a new savings challenge post so that new debt free'ers can keep focused to start saving with the support of everyone on here so they are far less likely to go back to their old bad habits.

Anyone is welcome to join this challenge and it is NEVER too late. There is also no amount of money too small or too large that will stop you from joining this challenge. We have severals members who will be on their debt journey for several years to come but they are part of this thread to pay off a fixed amount of their debt as the support on here is fantastic!

I am so immensely proud of everyone on here. I feel incredibly humbled to have started something that has helped change people's lives. BUT it is the people on here that have made this challenge a success and it would be nothing without the input, support, kindness and humour of all our members. We are from all different walks of life and we have got into debt many different ways but noone is EVER judged and it really has a family feel to it.

So, if you think you can pay off all your debts by Christmas or have a goal to pay off a certain amount then please join in!

I usually update every couple of days so please be patient waiting for your number but it's not necessary to have one to be a member, just get stuck in and start posting!!!

Good luck everyone and I hope you like PART !!!

Here are the links to Part1 and Part2 if you want to get a feel for what we are all about...

Jemma xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015

Debt at Highest: £43,073
Page 82
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,303Posts Today

8,011Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Disgraceful upsell on "The Bank" on BBC2. Young woman goes in for £1,500 loan gets sold £3,000 more. A BANK'S JOB IS TO SELL NOT ADVISE!

• Facebook's the new eBay - 27 tricks on flogging stuff for FREE... http://t.co/E9jppI9cn2

• How many times have you (or your household) switched energy provider in the last 5 years? PLEASE VOTE... http://t.co/UIUfLij3Zl

• Follow Martin