🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• Monkeynut
    Monkeynut Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Options
    Quick tip as well - wallpaper is a brilliant alternative to brown paper.
    It is thicker so less likely to tear, plus you can get it mega cheaply.

If you are just selling the odd couple of bits every now and then, just get a nice generous sample from Homebase / B&Q which is obviously free, or keep a look out at boot fairs, or maybe put a wanted message on freecycle as people often buy a bit more than they need for decorating, so will have some left over to give away / sell mega cheaply as they want rid of it, and when they have a relatively small amount they know it's unlikely anyone is going to give much money for it!
    Half of November Make £10 a Day Challenge: £51/ £170
  • yummymummy222
    Options
    It is free listing this weekend.
  • Nicandan
    Options
    It is free listing this weekend.

Yes it is, i've had an email saying it is, good luck and listing! :j
    Capital One £180/200 Barclaycard 3,050/3,300
    Vanquis 2,890/3,000 :mad: Aqua 1,280/1,350, LloydsTSB overdraft 2990/3,000 = £10,390 :eek:
  • specialkthefirst
    Options
    i get a massive brown roll of paper that lasts about a month, and i sell about 50 things a month, from poundland! :) also bubble wrap, tape, brown padded envolopes (7 for £1) all from poundland! xx
    :money::money::money:
  • Twiglet0309
    Options
    My Son sold "An afternoon of watching me and my friends play cricket in our back garden. Cucumber sandwiches included" - on Ebay a few years ago.

He actually got a few bids although the winner paid for the item, they never "collected"
  • mandragora_2
    Options
    My Son sold "An afternoon of watching me and my friends play cricket in our back garden. Cucumber sandwiches included" - on Ebay a few years ago.

He actually got a few bids although the winner paid for the item, they never "collected"

My goodness - I've just realised that's what my husband offers me every summer. All summer. Funnily enough, he often gets to keep that one all to himself, and his friends, of course. I have a garden to sleep in, if I want to!
    Reason for edit? Can spell, can't type!
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Monkeynut wrote: »
    Quick tip as well - wallpaper is a brilliant alternative to brown paper.
    It is thicker so less likely to tear, plus you can get it mega cheaply .

Having received a damp and dirty item wrapped in ripped wallpaper some years back, may I suggest a study plastic inner layer too. Same goes for brown paper. ;)
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • bob4jane
    Options
    I sold a Bic Crystal, chewed by "The Famous Sav Vangoulis".
    Sav was a mate I worked with, and suffice to say, was not in the least bit famous outside of our department in the Bristol HSBC offices.
    The item promised a certificate of authenticity, signed by Sav himself. I included a photo of Sav chewing the pen at his desk.

Everyone thought it was hilarious to see I'd actually posted the item.
    After a few comedy bids from the office, (10p, 35p and so on) some mystery chump shelled out £12.51 for it!
    Sav ended up quite worried that somewhere, someone was ...doing something with the pen he chewed while admiring the chewing photo ...
    "Money is the root of all evil" -Poor person.
    "Money makes the world go round" - Rich Person.
    "Lack of money is the root of all evil" - (c) Me.
  • juggsy
    juggsy Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I moved to a new house it had a 5 year old Smeg oven which took about an hour to heat up to 150 degrees, the clock/timer was broken, and all the markings had worn so you didn't actually know which function you had switched on unless you compared to the manual.

When I replaced it, I stored it in the garage with the intention of taking it to the tip, why would anyone buy a barely working oven? Decided to list it on eBay for 99p starting price with a completely honest description, sold for £50 with cash on collection!
  • Super_v500
    Options
    I'm quite lucky here, I work in a bike shop, and every broken piece which goes in the bin, gets put on eBay for spares or repairs, there is always someone who wants to make 1 working item, out of 3 non working items.

I don't make lots, but I've only £90 to go on one of my credit cards as all profits go to being debt free.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure