Welcome Finance - FSCS Success

Options

Comments

• ben_wittey
    Options
    mazzash wrote: »
    Checked my bank this morning and had a nice credit from Welcome of £2,052.89. Woohoo now I can buy my iPad. Good luck all:j

Good going mine was acknowledge of 24th January, wonder how long it would take?

4weeks is good for you though!!
  • angelin
    angelin Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats fantastic!! Mine has been with them for only two weeks and I have to stop myself from ringing them. Can I ask how much your original loan was for? Mine was for £3,500 so Im not expecting much back still, anything is good :)
  • ben_wittey
    Options
    angelin wrote: »
    Thats fantastic!! Mine has been with them for only two weeks and I have to stop myself from ringing them. Can I ask how much your original loan was for? Mine was for £3,500 so Im not expecting much back still, anything is good :)

From what I hear its hit and miss on timescales. The Article above states they got their PPI back after 4 weeks, others take months. I think they are working quickly the FCSCS at the moment. Mine was posted and acknowledge on 24th and is at the final stages. I phoned them yesterday and they said this can be the longest stage and if I am not contacted/refunded by 20th March call them.

I'm itching to know like yourself, I have my fingers crossed for you
  • ben_wittey
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I had quite a small loan with Welcome which was paid in full 4 months early by myself.

Paper work was completed on 20th January 2012, acknowledged on 24th, and checked my bank today and they had refunded me so it can be quick.

Just be honest when filling the forms out. The more you know the quicker they will process it as they will not have to cross reference anomalies (excuse the spelling)

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • angelin
    Options
    I'm very pleased for you, that's fab news. I'm a few days behind you. Ive been told a letter has been drafted and that the final offer will be on its way to me soon. I don't know if that means I will be getting a refund or not? I have to say, they have been very good compared to some of the big banks.
  • ben_wittey
    Options
    I'm very pleased for you, that's fab news. I'm a few days behind you. Ive been told a letter has been drafted and that the final offer will be on its way to me soon. I don't know if that means I will be getting a refund or not? I have to say, they have been very good compared to some of the big banks.

Yes keep an eye on your bank account, unlike earlier messages on MSE they are being very efficient with the claims.

God Luck:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • angelin
    Options
    I just checked my account and it is in there!!!! :j:j:j I am over the moon.£625.

thank you so much for everything. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • ben_wittey
    Options
    I just checked my account and it is in there!!!! :j:j:j I am over the moon.£625.

thank you so much for everything. :rotfl::rotfl:

Well done, thats great news :j:j:j:j spoil yourself now :T:T:T:T:T
  • mania112
    mania112 Posts: 1,981 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Can someone post a link to the questionnaire that you need to complete to get the ball rolling on a PPI reclaim.

We have a loan which was taken out in 2004 - and has only recently been paid off.

Thanks
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mania112 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can someone post a link to the questionnaire that you need to complete to get the ball rolling on a PPI reclaim.

We have a loan which was taken out in 2004 - and has only recently been paid off.

Thanks

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    It is number 3 you need,send this to the bank in question and keep a copy in case you have to take this to FOS LATER ON.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure