September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Hi,
    Quite pleased with how little I have spent this week, even though I didn't really need much. I went to Li*l yesterday as I never ever go there, and I thought I would have a look, particularly at their fruit and veg, my goodness I was really surprised at how cheap it was and what good quality it was. I will definitely be making that a regular trip.
    Have been very industious today, i've made 8 pasties, four vegetable crumbles, five blackberry and apple crumbles, apple sauce, and pork chops and roast for tea.

Have a good week everyone x
    2024 G/C £657.98. Nectar - £ Morrison’s - £ Boots - £ Asda Rewards - £ Tesco - £
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    today ended up a nsd even tho we have no bread it was so wet i didn't wanna go to the shop for any so i put some in the breadmaker, i didn't ahve any salt so i put rocksalt in hope it's ok, not much else happening here it's wet and wild outside :(
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • I was having a NSD today but have just run out of toilet roll ( again!!!!) so have dispatched DD2 to the little Tesco for some, plus some foil for lunches. I told her to get any reduced bread that they had as they reduce it to silly prices about this time. Hope she remembers!

Spent a bit in Tescos yesterday as my sister and friend were coming for tea last night, plus I wanted to get the free Campbell's soup. I only printed off one voucher but apparantly you can print of as many as you want -does anyone know if you can only use one per shop or can you buy 5 tins and use 5 vouchers? I always buy the condensed mushroom and the celery as they are great for pasta bakes - I make a tuna one with the celery and a ham and mushroom one with the mushroom. The chicken one used to be lovely but they must have changed the recipe because it is truly vile now!

I made a lovely dessert last night - it was really easy and used up a couple of jars of the blackberries that they have on approved foods.

Chocolate mousse trifle

leftover chocolate cake (any kind - I used about six little chocolate muffins)
    Bar of value chocolate
    two jars of Approved foods blackberries or 1 tin of any berries or cherries
    2 sachets of chocolate Angel Delight or own brand.

Chop half of the chocolate and sprinkle it over the broken up muffins or fairy cakes in the bottom of a shallow dish. Pour over the fruit and leave to soak for about 2 hours.

Make up the Angel Delight and pour over the cake mixture and when set grate on the rest of the bar of chocolate.

This was really nice and worked out quite cheap too as it fed 6 of us but could have stretched to 8 easily.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • It was going so well until yesterday :o. £13.99 in Adl1 and £39. 75 in Morry's. Didn't stick to my list in Morry's at all so really must try harder. One the plus side it was all stuff on offer I usually buy so hopefully it'll impact next month. So, total for the month so far is £147.50. 19 days and £52.50 left. I need bananas tomorrow for the kids, they eat 2 a day, could do with a tree in the garden ;). Hope everyone is doing better than me :cool:.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Eveing all

Just an update on the spends, did shopping on Friday and Saturday total spent was £101.84 - bit more than I would have liked but several stock up items.

Keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need/want them x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Updating sig, £5.30 spend on milk and fresh fruit. Planning a bigger top up shop later in the week.

September Grocery Challenge £181.51/£270.00
    August Grocery Challenge £298.60/£270.00
  • lynneee
    lynneee Posts: 877
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Im up to £69.18 spent. Really pleased with the progress we are making! Never thought I would be doing so well!!
    mortgage £800 overpayment 2022. £600/£2400 2023 🙂 savings £1853/£1800 😊
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,328
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Had our weekly shopping run yesterday and managed to spend £49.00 in Mr A's. Wasn't too bad though as we bought a few extras i.e. toiletries - which brings me up to £168.17 :)
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023 🏅 ⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award ⭐️
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    recovering spendaholic I've added your Chocolate mousse trifle recipe to the index :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Just to update spends, I spent £6 on a bottle of wine, hopefully i will come in on budget this month, really been trying. Hope everyone else is doing ok, or enjoying not
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure