February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Well spent £35.96 in Mr.M, Mr.T, A1di, Sainsbugs + HB - I got about a bit today:rotfl: getting a bit close to my budget now though :mad: didn't get any fantastic offers/whoopsies etc but hopefully I'll have a few more NSD coming up:)
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend...

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ok I can't find the recipe for the ginger nuts please can someone point me in the right direction.

its listed under cakes etc in post # 6 on the front page of this thread ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    46p spent today! I needed to get change for work and was drawn to 2 packets of crisps which seemed strangely cheap. I am a crisp-a-holic.

Will need to get milk tomorrow and noticed the Lidl weekend offers are really good this week, so no doubt more spending will happen!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • goodgirl80 wrote: »
    Helloooooo!
    First shop of the month.

20.51/100
    Thank you!

Second shop this month 26.53

Total: 47.04/100:)
  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Just popping in to say have done my second shop of the month and now have a very full freezer! Will update my sig in a mo..Have spent £49.81 at sainsbugs. We had a lovely tea tonight as I felt in the mood for cooking (am slowly getting my mojo back!) and rustled up a jam roly poly...yuuuummmmmm! ....and there's enough left over for tomorrow! :j
    Its very easy to make btw:D
    The recipe for anyone who fancies it is :
    8oz sr flour , 4oz of suet and enough water to mix into a dough..roll out and spread with jam, mincemeat or whatever you fancy. Fold the edges over and roll up (so it looks a bit like a huge sausage roll). Slash the top and sprinkle with a bit of sugar, wrap in foil and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for about 30 mins. :T
    If you dont have any sr flour use plain instead with 3tsps of baking powder;)
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    l.m.hart wrote: »
    if you go into the velvet toilet tissue site you will see the tab for the coupon, £ 1.79 for 9 rolls of decent toilet tissue is and amazing price,i assume your purchases are classed as spaving .2uge4p4.gif

classed as spaving? what is that? do i have to record it differently ?
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    No spend day today, don't need anything, didn't go out. :D
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • shell2001
    shell2001 Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Update of spends: so far big shop at Mr T delivered 1/2. Have another order being delivered tomorrow (as delivery is cheaper:money:) that should last me until we go on holiday the following week.

So £137.23 upto today. Tomorrows shop was £79 odd but some prices guides only so will update once I have the correct figure.

I am pleased as lots of bits and bobs in freezer and with meal planning we have been eating a lot better with no takeaways.
  • minnie2 wrote: »
    classed as spaving? what is that? do i have to record it differently ?

no not at all, i remember seeing on here that spending out on lots of bargains is called spaving, you mentioned you bought lots lol

2uge4p4.gif
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • Missus_Aka
    Missus_Aka Posts: 285 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2011 at 9:07PM
    Ok im up to £113.34 of my £135 of my grocery budget (sounds bad but all i need for the rest of the month is chicken, pitta bread, salam, veg, tomato ketchup, onions & juice and i dont even need any of these things for about a week)
    My total on my yearly stock up is £169.29 out of £180 they had some BOGOF offers on cleaning products on tescos (last me a year), have a years worth of bin liners, years woth of flora oil, & some other bits. it was helpful as i got to use my last voucher for extra points (1000points/3 shops) so i got in theory i got 783 points for this last shop on a £54.72 spend and im saving to double up at xmas so will give me back £15 then!!!!
    Have 4 NSD's so far, dont think i will be spending anything tomorrow, we will see. Will spend the rest of my stock up budget on toilet roll, though not yet as i have 2 deep bookcase shelves full.
    P.S Did get a takeaway today but its not counted in my grocery budget as it was for my mums birthday and she wanted chinese
    Thanks slbhill you really put my mind to rest, hes ok now and its seems nice and clean though quite deep...hes off limping around with his friends as i write this.....
    SPC Member#1096 Target £150 Feb Count £82.18
    Aug Make£5P.DayChal £0/£155
    My August £100 Grocery Challenge £49.90/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills