Advertising [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• mrfrog
    Options
    Good to hear I'm not the only one. I am so suspicious of anyone on the phone but, had a mad moment after these people harassing me 3 times in a day asking for an advert in a Police CGB Publication. I supidly said yes after they reduced the price and started getting suspicious after that and when they wouldn't give me a contact address or telephone number, but would accept a post-dated cheque! They informed me they didn't have any publications of old issues to send me to see if I wanted to advertise. They said a man would ring from a print company to sort out the advertising details. Today I have received a proof advert and a pro forma invoice for £99.00

I contacted the Police and they suggested not to have anything to do with them however Trading Standards siad I would be liable since there wasn't a cooling off period and I had agreed over the phone.

Stuck now on what to do?????????????????
  • davidine
    Options
    I've just had a telephone call on my work number asking if I wanted to advertise in an Emergency Services publication. I asked them to email details and was sent this (a mobile number was attached):-

Find enclosed information regards the Road to Recovery campaign on the national website for the Emergency Services and the Armed Forces personnel in the U.K.

On the 3rd September the feature will go live on (he supplied a web address here, but I'm not allowed to include it) The campaign has been started of the back of findings that were released by the Mental Health Foundation that have shown that young veterans are twice as likely to take their own lives than there counterparts.

What is already available is something called a re-settlement package however they are widely unavailale and seem to be based on their length of service as apposed to their need for treatment.

Our main aim is too provide one practitioner per county/region in the U.K for EFT, EMDR, NLP, Hypnotherapy and CBT. We are offering one of two size adverts and 250 words of editorial content to discuss the therapies that you use and too highlight there main benefits. If you are able to offer a free initial consultation we can offer very competitive advertising rates.

The campaign duration is 6 months.

the large block advert is £195.00 + vat

the small block advert is £95.00+ vat

Any further queries

Alex Phillips

Campaign manager

The idea he put forward is great, because there are many Service personel who need help. Is this a scam too? Who should I contact if it is?

Thanks to all of you.
  • davidine
    Options
    Having just re-read my post, I can see 'typos' or errors that no professional would post. I live and learn!
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Stuck now on what to do?????????????????

deny everything, it wasn't me, Oh! he died last night
  • st999
    Options
    Is this a scam too?

Of course it is, have you not learnt anything whilst reading this forum? Evidently not!
  • alphamail
    Options
    I had an advert with bcs for one of their magazines a few months back and had no problems. i paid within a month so maybe its when you dont pay for it they get a debt firm involved?
  • st999
    Options
    And if he was truly an alphamail he would have got the correct male:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Rastamasta
    Rastamasta Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2010 at 8:57AM
    Options
    Hi guys,

over the past few days I have had phone calls asking if I want to advertise with emergencyservicespress they said it is called the Road to Recovery campaign and the guy who says he is the campaign manager is calling himself Alex Phillips his mobile number is 07725982997

I then received a phone call from Excel Media tel: 08453096181 the guy was calling himself ian asking for my credit card details, and I said that I didn't have the money to pay for the advert and asked him to phone me back tomorrow.

I have since found out that they are miss-selling advertising space and are defrauding people.

I was sent an invoice on my email address on the 20th of august and Ian from excel media phoned me I told him it was a scam and he put the phone down on me.

excelmedialtd . co . uk

Tel: 0845 3096181 / 0845 3096187 Fax: 0845 3096186

Payments: Natwest Sort Code: 60 24 77 Account: 18982344

I was then sent a paper invoice today, so sent them an email asking them to cancel the order and to never communicate with me again.

I have just found this information on the internet if you google the queens doc web site the limited info for excel media will come up.

.qdbc. co . uk excel-media-ltd.php

I went to the police but they didnt want to know. I've emailed trading standards so we'll see what they say.

Edit found more information

the who is info these scammers

Domain name:
    emergencyservicespress.co.uk

Registrant:
    paul collins

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
    address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
    Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg. co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
    URL: http:// www .123-reg. co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 29-Jun-2010
    Renewal date: 29-Jun-2012
    Last updated: 29-Jun-2010

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Domain name:
    excelmedialtd co uk

Registrant:
    excel media ltd

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    Porter House, 6
    Porter Street
    Liverpool
    Merseyside
    L3 7BL
    United Kingdom

Registrar:
    Namesco Limited t/a Namesco Ltd [Tag = NAMESCO]

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 22-Feb-2010
    Renewal date: 22-Feb-2012
    Last updated: 22-Feb-2010

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    ns0.phase8.net
    ns1.phase8.net
    ns2.phase8.net
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    minnow001 wrote: »
    Many thanks for your replies and advice. The call I had came at a time when I was really busy and I agreed to advertise in this booklet. Today a copy of this very poor quality booklet arrived together with a demand for payment. I note there are a number of local businesses who are advertising including local restaurants and public houses. Following on from the information posted by trisontana (mirror report) what would be my position if I refused payment and cancelled my verbal order?
    I feel very stupid now that I didn’t see this as a scam

I think this is what they count on. I got caught when they said that I had agreed to this back in ( insert 6 months previous month ) I couldnt remember if I had or not . They ( or someone similer) tried the same thing a year later . I stated that i never agree to anything over the phone , to which they replied that a recording of me agreeing and would take me to court , to which i replied carry on , never did here anything more form them lol
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • Rastamasta
    Rastamasta Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2010 at 12:19AM
    Options
    just had a text message to my mobile phone saying clear my debts. {Thats funny I don't have any.}

I've emailed everything that has been happening over the past few days to the police, trading standards, nat west, consumer direct, watchdog and crimestoppers and a couple of others who I can't remember off the top of my head. I have had no replies from anyone, with the exception of nat west.

when I went to the local police station the other day he just said buy a new mobile. :mad::mad::mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure