£50 from Post Office Car or Home Insurance Cashback voucher code (+Quidco)

Options
adam2484
adam2484 Posts: 436 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 31 January 2011 at 11:24PM in Insurance & life assurance
offer has been updated please click below ...

Can't edit the title so I'm going to start a new post... Please look here

Update October 2010: found out about a new offer starting on the 1st November. They wouldn't let me have the new leaflet to scan but I managed to tale a quick pic.

I know quidco says cant be used in conjunction with other offers but I've been doing it for years and never had any problems with quidco tracking.

The branch code to get the 10% off is 162427X
Support your local PO and get the leaflet off them. This may be certain branches only again though.

About the offer: post office is offering 10% off on car insurance purchases. You'll then get 10% off each year until you claim.

My poor iPhone pic can be seen here http://plixi.com/p/53870039

Will upload the new leaflet as soon as I'm in posting my eBay stuff

Remember offer starts on Monday 1st november so don't buy it yet if you can hold off.

My old post is below. Will delete it as soon as I'm on a pc.
My local po was doing a big financial promotion on their car and home insurance.

Have copied the leaflet below. To get the 50pound cashback, call the sales line and say 'in-branch.' The branch code is 162427X which is what gives you the 50pounds.

If you're doing it on the internet, enter the code in the box which says 'If you have a leaflet, please enter the branch code found on the back '
It may reject the code if you put it in the promotions box.

To get a further £25, go through quidco. Not over the phone obviously!

Update April 2009: the po changed the terms and conditions so you get £25 instead of the usual £50. Then if you renew you get a further £25. It's not great but it's still better then nothing. quidco still tracks too.

awc043.jpg

To see where to enter the code, see http://i44.tinypic.com/x6akuv.jpg
to see the old leaflet http://i35.tinypic.com/j76usj.jpg
Offer ends 31st December 2010

Comments

• jexysbird
    Options
    Have just taken insurance out with the PO after seeing this. Have found this to be the best deal for me, so fingers crossed it works! Have gone through Quidco too.

Thanks for the info adam2484!!!!

MFW (as of 08/11/11) £7645.90
    Aiming to be mortgage free by Dec 2012 :j
    Sealed Pot Challenge #1628 - £16.00
  • adam2484
    Options
    your welcome jexysbird.

Haven't used it myself but I posted this on HUKD and someone kindly uploaded the more information bit which you get through the post. apparently they don't give out postal orders anymore. They credit it back to the card you paid with.

8vnu4g.jpg

thanks to jimmy
  • rorylando45
    Options
    Don't put that code in!!!!! Put in 0190136. That's my branch's code, I work at the Post Office haha.
    Really though, our car insurance is actually so cheap, so many people save money with it. Home insurance is a bit hit or miss, sometimes people save a bomb, sometimes the quote is twice as much.
    But remember, 0190136!
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    , I work at the Post
    Really though, our car insurance is actually so cheap, so many people save money with it. !

Its true PO car insurance tends to come out tops in first year although changes to policy, e.g change of vehicle during first year are more expensive than some other companies.

Can someone confirm that by entering the codes posted in this thread that the CB sites will def pay out as they do say that inserting codes can mean that the cashback might not get paid out. :confused: Quidco and TCB only appear to be offering 20.00 cashback as opposed to 25.00 stated in O/P.
  • adam2484
    Options
    apparently it does...

21478sn.jpg

again courtesy of jimyg from hukd.

quidco must have gone down to 20 - it used to be £25

i'm not sure about rorys code - my office said it was only selected offices from whom you would get the 50pounds from.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Don't put that code in!!!!! Put in xxxxxxx!

The code we have been given is known to work, so why tell us not to use it?

You aren't allowed to post for personal gain. (Except in the referrer's section).

See notice about this at the top of the page.
  • MrsJ2008
    Options
    Hi,

Tried using your discount code and it doesn't work.

error.gif
    Please correct the following items:

Invalid Promotion Code

Does anyone know of any other car insurance discount codes?
  • Fill_7
    Fill_7 Posts: 480 Forumite
    Options
    the codes given in this thread aren't exactly discount codes. they are simply office codes. however t&c's state '.............who quote a valid branch code at the time of purchase'.

when u apply online/ telephone u will be asked for the office code on leaflet (if u have one) so that the branch that u got the leaflet from will be paid for the transaction.

i would of thought that giving out office codes for personal gain on this forum is against rules.

hth
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    the codes given in this thread aren't exactly discount codes

If you get £50 cashback they are as good as a discount code!

The OP gave us a code for our benefit, but rorylando's post (six weeks after the original post) does seem an attempt to get some personal gain!
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    MrsJ2008 wrote: »

Does anyone know of any other car insurance discount codes?

I asked my local post office for a leaflet with 50.00 discount code, Post Office said that whilst they dont get payments when people use their codes, the more traffic that is generated via each post office obviously helps when PO consider which Post Offices to close down.

Topcashback are now offering 25.00 Cashback on PO Car Insurance.

Code had to be put in before quote was given, turned out to be 50.00 more than initial quote via comparison site. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure