Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Cheap Airport Parking: Manc'ster & L'pool Air... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Cheap Airport Parking: Manc'ster & L'pool Airports hints, tips and local parking
Views: 64,971
# 1
MSE Archna
Old 05-08-2008, 6:45 PM
Senior Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Cheap Airport Parking: Manc'ster & L'pool Airports hints, tips and local parking

What’s this about?

Parking at the airport can cost a fortune. Yet there are many ways to cut this cost. The first point of call is read the full Cheap Airport Parking guide. Then having found the cheapest it can find you, this discussion is specifically to talk about local parking and tips for

Manc'ster & L'pool Airports Airport

If you want to discuss airport parking in general please go to the Cheap Airport Parking Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related DiscussionsRelated MoneySaving Guides:

Travel Money
Car Hire
Flights
Package Holidays
Hotel Deals
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
milly28
Old 06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Cheap Parking at Manchester

I found a little gem at Manchester, VIP by Day by Day parking, I booked it through a company called park and go, and its brill. The staff are lovely professional and reliable. They were on time, going out of manchester and back to manchester, they even washed it!!! free of charge. Just thought id pass this on to others as its a really good service.

Last edited by milly28; 06-08-2008 at 11:23 AM.
# 3
s55shh
Old 06-08-2008, 3:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by milly28 View Post
I found a little gem at Manchester, VIP by Day by Day parking, I booked it through a company called park and go, and its brill. The staff are lovely professional and reliable. They were on time, going out of manchester and back to manchester, they even washed it!!! free of charge. Just thought id pass this on to others as its a really good service.
Gulp, the prices seem steep. Two weeks at www.mavp.co.uk for £69.99 seems better value and they are closer to the Terminals too.
# 4
s55shh
Old 06-08-2008, 3:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by s55shh View Post
Gulp, the prices seem steep. Two weeks at www.mavp.co.uk for £69.99 seems better value and they are closer to the Terminals too.
Even cheaper! http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...7#post12047187
# 5
tin143
Old 06-08-2008, 9:02 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down Meet & Greet at Manchester

We have just used the Meet& Greet at Manchester airport for the first time, thinking it would be quicker - ha, what a joke!! On departure we had to wait 30 minutes for someone to appear - mind you, one family had been waiting for 11/2 hours!!! On our return we waited nearly one hour for the car to be brought to the designated point. We could have been half way back home if we had used the off-site ones whose buses run every 10 minutes!!
On top of that one customer had his car damaged.
Meet & Greet -- never again, even if I get the biggest discount!!!!
# 6
s55shh
Old 07-08-2008, 10:15 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin143 View Post
We have just used the Meet& Greet at Manchester airport for the first time, thinking it would be quicker - ha, what a joke!! On departure we had to wait 30 minutes for someone to appear - mind you, one family had been waiting for 11/2 hours!!! On our return we waited nearly one hour for the car to be brought to the designated point. We could have been half way back home if we had used the off-site ones whose buses run every 10 minutes!!
Which company was this?
# 7
jansmith7
Old 07-08-2008, 4:25 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Liverpool Airport

I always use an off airport site Liverpoolparkandfly.com
Tel 0151 425 4688
These people live on the site 5 mins from the airport. Service is excellent-cheerful and on time. It costs about £3/day very good value
# 8
gingerdad
Old 07-08-2008, 6:03 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansmith7 View Post
I always use an off airport site Liverpoolparkandfly.com
Tel 0151 425 4688
These people live on the site 5 mins from the airport. Service is excellent-cheerful and on time. It costs about £3/day very good value

2nd vot for Liverpoolparkandfly.com a great service.....
The futures bright the future is Ginger
# 9
atalooseend
Old 08-08-2008, 12:46 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I always use Airparks. They have a good bus service and have dropped us off directly outside the terminal when we were running late.

I booked parking for a month once and it worked out at less than 1 pound a day.

http://adviceaustralia.com/cheap-airport-parking-guide/
# 10
jrobinson4
Old 09-08-2008, 3:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Cheap parking

I always find Shuttle Park to be quite cheap but if you log on to the Manchester Airport website, they have a parking section which compares the prices of the parking companies in the area.
Happy holidaying!!
PS if you use shuttle park - book 4 weeks in advance and the price is much cheaper
Bank Charges - MCOL – LTSB Current Account £4,603.92 / Settled £5,680.76 /Financial Ombudsman – LTSB £11,715.84
PPI - Debenhams / Settled - £2243.20
We're in the money!!!
# 11
Stephb1986
Old 11-08-2008, 2:19 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:

Which company was it as we're about to book 2 cars in for a meet and greet, I have used elite valet parking before now the car was fine when it came back apart from we asked for a top valet and the alloys and stuff wasnt done properly.

Steph xx
# 12
workerbee
Old 11-08-2008, 7:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephb1986 View Post
Which company was it as we're about to book 2 cars in for a meet and greet, I have used elite valet parking before now the car was fine when it came back apart from we asked for a top valet and the alloys and stuff wasnt done properly.

Steph xx

Dear Steph,

We have used Elite on a couple of occassions and found them good. Just used them this week and had 30 some miles on clock on pickup. Was a bit suprised, when we dropped off, they said car park is 5 miles away. My own fault should have checked terms and conditions, car was moved to an overflow car park which has accounted for 30 miles on clock. The cost of the diesel used has negated the saving we made by not booking other firms! Just had a quote from BCP for meet and greet for a car park 0.5 miles from airport and has parkmark award for £49.95 for 8 days. Not saying Elite are not good just read the terms and conditions properly. It also states that there is public access to the car park and they are not liable for any 3rd party damages? Is this usual ?
# 13
linz76
Old 11-08-2008, 8:15 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Manchester Airport Parking

Hi,

I have just checked out the below website and its £2:49 per day, 24 hour security, free shuttles every 15 mins to the airport and you keep your car keys, dont leave them! - sounds quite reasonable to me - Has anyone used them?

http://www.rcpmanchester.co.uk/
The Following User Says Thank You to linz76 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
Adzha
Old 12-08-2008, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz76 View Post
Hi,

I have just checked out the below website and its £2:49 per day, 24 hour security, free shuttles every 15 mins to the airport and you keep your car keys, dont leave them! - sounds quite reasonable to me - Has anyone used them?

http://www.rcpmanchester.co.uk/
Yes, just came back from 2nd use of here yesterday.

You queue and wait for a bus, engine running. Car park is very tight, and staff sometimes grumpy.
It's just about ok, price is usually great though (£19.92 for 8 days we paid - the next one was nearly double this!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Adzha For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
before hollywood
Old 12-08-2008, 3:46 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

mia parking is the one we always have
things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercilessKiller View Post
BH is my best mate too, its ok

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester..
all your base are belong to us
# 16
linz76
Old 12-08-2008, 6:19 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzha View Post
Yes, just came back from 2nd use of here yesterday.

You queue and wait for a bus, engine running. Car park is very tight, and staff sometimes grumpy.
It's just about ok, price is usually great though (£19.92 for 8 days we paid - the next one was nearly double this!)
Thanks for the info, the price does seem reasonable to everywhere else i have checked. About £40 for two weeks and others i have looked at are quoting £70+
# 17
ManAtHome
Old 12-08-2008, 6:42 PM

I've used RCP at Manchester and will use them again (warning - sometimes the staff can be jovial at 5am!).

Also consider the train - not too often the times match flight times, but a good idea if you'd be hitting the M60 at "rush-hour" (most of the hours of daylight...).
# 18
laurajane45
Old 21-08-2008, 4:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile cheap manchester airport parking

When comparing quotes for manchester airport parking i found a small independent company called autostrong, i was a bit warey as their price was a good bit lower than most of the competitors but what an amazing service!

I paid £34.60 for 1 week the first time and then realised that if you book on their own website rather than through the comparison site i can actually get it even cheaper!!! (I am going there next week for £28.00 for the week)

Apart from the great price they pick up and drop off at all 3 terminals where as some companys drop at the bus or rail station meaning you have a fair old walk often with heavy bags and tired kids. Also, a friend of mine went with another cheap firm called rcp and said she waited 50 minutes for a bus back to the car park, our bus was ready and waiting outside the terminal for us.

http://www.autostrong.co.uk
# 19
tin143
Old 22-08-2008, 11:27 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s55shh View Post
Which company was this?
Sorry for late reply. Changing PC so had no access to net.
It was Airparks Gold. Gold for bad service!!
Used Premier a few times and although not the cheapest unless you book through Flybe ages before they were basic but reliable - drop-off outside terminal every 10 min.
My friend always uses private guy 10 minutes from airport out in the sticks but apparently brilliant. Will post details when I get them.

M
# 20
will69
Old 18-09-2008, 8:57 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Sorry for late reply. Changing PC so had no access to net.
It was Airparks Gold. Gold for bad service!!
Used Premier a few times and although not the cheapest unless you book through Flybe ages before they were basic but reliable - drop-off outside terminal every 10 min.
My friend always uses private guy 10 minutes from airport out in the sticks but apparently brilliant. Will post details when I get them.

M
hi to all has anyone used carparking LTD? they offer a meet and greet service and also a welcome home pack, which constists of orange juice and breakfast bars their price seemed too good to be true £69 for 2 weeks ???