wetherspoons head office contact req,please

Options

Comments

• uktim29
    uktim29 Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    Options
    I worked in a motorway service station many years ago. Often you'd see the cleaners in the staffroom. They all mentioned that if both toilets got cleaned at the same time, the womens ones would get dirter after cleaning much quicker than the mens did.
  • kuohu
    kuohu Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Fair enough then :) I think I'll leave this thread anyway, it's a bit unpleasant.
    DFW Nerd 035
  • eyelinerprincess
    Options
    Ignore the general eejits. I'd have been disgusted too if the toilets were in that state. They're supposed to be checked every hour (I think), but from the sounds of it, they hadn't.

Good luck getting anything though. I complained about horrible food once (it came to me cold, so I sent it back and when I eventually got it back, after OH had almost finished his, it had been nuked in the microwave, totally inedible), and I got a "we'll look into it" letter and that was the end of the matter.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    JAMBO wrote: »
    I cant believe you took the time to post that,seeing as you asked there were 6 toilets of which 5 were half full of waste,stinking to high heaven,my wife had to wait in line for the one vacant loo,when she came back to the table she was unable to finish her dinner,in fact she hardly touched it,she did not tell me the reason till around 30mins after we left on our way to a concert,it was part of a birthday surprise from myself,she didnt want to let me know it had spoilt her night.Thank you anyway fudgeukraine,not everything is as it seems,to be honest i cant be bothered anymore with this site when i read posts like yours,it does help to think before you type,goodbye.

Ignore the trolls JAMBO, they're not worth the bother. As for Wetherspoons, good luck with your complaint. I once complained about their food and the cleanliness of their loos at one of their hostelries in Dorset - I got a thank you letter advising me that they would be speaking to the area manager and performing a mystery shop to see what the standards were like. That was it, really, no real apology, no vouchers to make up for it. I am sure if you press the point home about your wife's birthday being spoilt then they may see a way of providing some form of compensation (if they want to keep their customers they should anyway).

Once again, good luck and please don't be deterred by trolls.
  • fudgeukraine
    fudgeukraine Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wasn't trolling, when I wrote my comment the OP just said that the toilets were filthy, they didn't go into any more detail. A lot of complaints on here are blow out of proportion so it helps to state the problem in the first place rather than have rampant speculation resulting in posts like my own.

With regards your complaint, complain if you wish using the address provided by RichyRich, just don't expect them to do anything regarding the 'ruined night' as that's not their problem, you might get a refund/gift voucher to cover the meal even though the food was fine.
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A lot of complaints on here are blow out of proportion so it helps to state the problem in the first place rather than have rampant speculation resulting in posts like my own.

This may or may not be the case, but it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of this forum to try and discredit another poster as your first response. There was no need for any speculation (much less "rampant" speculation) as to what the problem was, whether the complaint is valid, or anything else - the OP was asking where to write a complaint to. If you don't know the address, or else have something constructive to add, I see little point in posting just to try and enforce your sensibilities on someone else.
  • suckmaster.burstingfoam
    Options
    With regards your complaint, complain if you wish using the address provided by RichyRich, just don't expect them to do anything regarding the 'ruined night' as that's not their problem, you might get a refund/gift voucher to cover the meal even though the food was fine.
    Nice 'scare quotes'. And yes, it is their problem.
  • adamtango
    adamtango Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    JAMBO wrote: »
    it was part of a birthday surprise from myself

Me: Suprise!!! im taking you to Weatherspoons for your birthday lunch.
    My missus: Suprise !!! Your dumped!

CHEAPSKATE. i bet she was secretly pee-ed off with you and made up a little story to keep you from fretting.
  • Bamber19
    Bamber19 Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    Options
    kuohu wrote: »
    I would expect better standards in a Wetherspoons than an average pub

Why? Not a loaded question, just don't understand why, I mean at certain times of the day they're full of junkies in some areas.
    Bought, not Brought
  • mistyarthur
    mistyarthur Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There a big chain, its like you expect mcdonalds to be cleaner then your local fast food place after a night out.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport