We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs

Options
Alexelisey
Alexelisey Posts: 392 Forumite
edited 16 June 2013 at 7:15AM in Gardening
Here's the new Daydreamers thread, all nice and shiny!

Welcome one and all, tell us your highs and lows, you'll always find someone to congratulate or commiserate!

Here's to the next 10,000 posts... :beer:

Here is the old thread if you want to wade through 510 pages of it:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3812953
"...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'

Comments

• Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Alex & let's hope this one brings even more daydreams to fruition ....... including yours & mine :D

Love the title :rotfl:
  • Alexelisey
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Alex & let's hope this one brings even more daydreams to fruition ....... including yours & mine :D

Mine is definitely still a WIP but I'm closer than I was a few months ago :j Who knows, by the end of the year I might have it within reach *crosses fingers*
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Alexelisey wrote: »

Here is the old thread if you want to wade through 510 pages of it:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3812953

And here is the original one for the real masochists among you...:rotfl:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1544047
  • stitching_witch
    stitching_witch Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    And here is the original one for the real masochists among you...:rotfl:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1544047

Oh my word, I'm on the first page of that one!!! :D
    Making magic with fabric
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    oh.....i dont like the title !! doom and gloom or what !!

wheres the positive gone.....

i know i feel poorly but now im depressed...;)
  • Alexelisey
    Options
    I didn't mean it to be all doom and gloom. We all know that sometimes there are rough patches - it's those that make us appreciate the good times! I can try and change it if everyone thinks it should be a more upbeat title?
  • Davesnave
    Options
    We all say the nightmare thing sometimes. Me especially. :o But then, sometimes it is. :(

Maybe something like".....Not All Roses Round The Door." might convey the same sort of message, but in a less full-on way. :)
  • Davesnave
    Options

....And I must say your avatar has improved immensely since then! action-smiley-015.gif:D:o
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

So am I :D, I feel so lucky to have been part of this group and adventure from the very beginning!

CTC Those piglets are gorgeous!

The rain is teeming down today and our front lawn appears to be turning into a bit of a wildflower meadow :o I had hoped to cut it today however it will have to be lush and tall for a bit longer.

Last week we went to my favourite local gardens, it is quite a small area however they have divided it beautifully into different sections with very varied planting that all seems to tie together. They do a number of talks throughout the year and I think I will try to pop along to some to get some inspiration.

I have made a small start on the savings fund and am determined to keep on track. We have earmarked a few pieces to sell and I am hugely cutting back the food bills which should help. Limited time means exploring other things is unlikely we will just have to make what we already have work harder for us ;) Not sure if it is just me but I always find the summer a good time to save so I am hoping to make good head way between now and Oct.

Due to have a bit more time soon and I am determined to get the garden sorted (where have we heard that one before :rotfl:)
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do we get a telegram from the Queen when we reach 30,000 posts? Or Martin Lewis?!

Nothing but wind and rain here at the moment.

My twins are "performing" in Puss in Boots at Theatr Mwldan tonight for the local dance troupe. That should be interesting...

Hehe, I really must change my avatar.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport