PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cheese straws???

Options
has anyone got a recipe for cheese straws? i have done a search and am not coming up with anything....id really appreciate the help!!
November NSD's - 7

Comments

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I make two kinds of cheese straws (neither from a recipe)

1. I make a batch of bog standard pastry and kneed in a handful of grated cheese. Roll out and cut into straws. If I'm feeling posh I may twist them and sprinkle with more cheese and cracked black pepper before popping in the oven at 220c for 15-20 mins

2. I roll out a block of shop-bought:o puff pastry. Sprinkle it with grated cheese and fold in half so the cheese is hidden. Roll out again and cut into straws. HTH
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that :D thought id give them a go as a change in the lunch boxes instead of crisps!!
    November NSD's - 7
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MATH wrote:
    I 2. I roll out a block of shop-bought:o puff pastry. Sprinkle it with grated cheese and fold in half so the cheese is hidden. Roll out again and cut into straws. HTH

For a variation try spreading a very thin layer of Marmite in the middle before adding the cheese/folding.

HTH
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You spelled BOVRIL wrong :p;):):D :rotfl:
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    squeaky wrote:
    You spelled BOVRIL wrong :p;):):D :rotfl:

Humblest apologeis:rolleyes: How could I make such a fundemental error :confused: ??
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're forgiven :D
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • KTFrugal
    KTFrugal Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Even cheaper, you can make a batch of pizza dough and knead in some parmesan, roll the dough out thinly, twist it and deep fry it. You can add herbs if you really want to be fancy.
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    Options
    MATH....thanks for that....have just now taken out first batch of cheese straws from oven!!! yummy!
    November NSD's - 7
  • vernall
    vernall Posts: 556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    quite nice sprinkled with cayenne pepper too
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    Options
    MATH....thanks for that....have just now taken out first batch of cheese straws from oven!!! yummy!

I bet they don't last past Corrie hehehe

I've just read your quote. My Mum is only 4'11 and she rules the world (with a rod of iron):D
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport