Free MoneySavingExpert Car Sticker!

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Money Saving Expert
Update 3 November 2006:
New car stickers now available! Grab 'em here

18 May Important Update:

We've run out of car stickers for the moment but new ones are being reprinted. Can you hold off sending SAEs for the moment?

There will be an announcement in the weekly email when more are available. Any SAEs that we've received will be kept until we get the new batch (though it'd be helpful if you didn't send)

FREE MONEYSAVINGEXPERT CAR STICKER

'screw the banks before they screw you!
I thought I'd have some printed for a bit of fun. Of course it's all for free (though I am asking you to send a stamped addressed envelope to reduce the cost) on a first come first served basis (i will update this post on how many have gone).

I thought the idea would be fun. I also thought that it would be nice advertising for the site and MoneySaving. So please only apply if you are actually going to put the sticker on your car - otherwise it doesn't justify the expense for me.

Send a stamped addressed A4 envelope to:

Car Sticker
MoneySavingExpert.com
F3, Shepherds Studios
Rockley Road
Shepherds Bush
London W14 0DA

(only one sticker will be sent)

Hope you like them

Martin

The sticker itself is below (though it's about double the size - nearly A4 in length)
msecarsticker.jpg

Update: More Notes on What to do

Some people have asked 'can't we just send cash and you post it'. The problem with this is the vast number of hours it'd take to address every envelope, this way we just stuff the sticker in the envelope, simple as that.

All we need is an A4 normal envelope (not a padded one or anything) this can be SAE'd and folded insidea normal envelope and posted here.

In answer to the question I keep being asked

"yes there are still stickers left"
When they're run out this will be closed, so if it's here, there are stickers.
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    "sigh" what a shame I won't be at the post office this week! :( Bank holiday today in Northern Ireland which won't help! :(
  • Foxy
    Foxy Posts: 10,840
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    consider my sae in post tomorrow;)

ps i think it is a great idea:)
    It is not what you give your friend, but what you are willing to give him that determines the quality of friendship. -- Mary Dixon Thayer
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My envelopes are all written just need to get a stamp first thing in the morning. Great idea. My little fiat panda will love this new addition!!!!
  • wirm
    I was thinking that it would be so kool to be driving round Norn Ireland and see loads of MSE.com stickers! :D Imagine it! :o
  • toepazz
    toepazz Posts: 131 Forumite
    divadee wrote:
    My envelopes are all written just need to get a stamp first thing in the morning. Great idea. My little fiat panda will love this new addition!!!!

Great idea! Our little red Vauxhall Agila (just like Postman Pat's) will also be suitably adorned - something for Jess to read too!
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    I'll take one of those I think, we could have a thread for sticker spotting, just post each time you see the sticker displayed giving vehicle type not registration details obviously but vehicle type and colour location and time etc. I often wonder if I am in the midst of a bevvy of mser's when I'm out picking up a bargain.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I don't drive. Do you think it'll fit on my pushbike? :rotfl:
    Bulletproof
  • wirm
    I might stick it to my dog if I get one! :D
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I always knew that boots offer of 5% discount for first class stamps months ago would come in handy! I bought at least a years supply. lol
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thank you Martin!

Can't wait to play the 'spot the car sticker game', a new addiction perhaps, at least a new thread somewhere!!

Great advertising too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport