🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

GM group 0870 1111 422 nuisance calls

Options
yini3
yini3 Posts: 5 Forumite
I took out a new three contract three months ago. I had to get a new number (another story) and since taking out the contract i have received a high number of calls (sometimes 1 or 2 every day) from this number: 08701111422.

Using 'Say no to 0870' If found the number belonged to GM group.
http://www.gmgroupcorporate.com

At first i just ignored them, and sometimes when i picked up the line was just dead. The other day i picked up and some guy started asking me about my contract, eg when it was going to end.

I refused to tell him anything and asked if he worked for three and he inferred that he did. So i asked why he could get my details then and he said he was in a different department. I also said i did not want to be contacted by them in the future.

The next day they called again, they were very lucky i missed it...

I later rung Three and asked them if Gm group worked for/with them and they stated they are just a selling business and do not provide services for three.

Tried to ring their landline number but got placed on hold waiting for a customer service person and could not be bothered to wait...

Has anyone else been called by them?
Any solutions?

Will try and ring their landline again later.

Comments

• g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just say... hang on a second... put them on hold and forget about it.

Or alternative is say you just renewed the contract and they shouldnt bother you again.
    ummm...
  • laura_studd
    Options
    I was beginning to think it was only me that they kept bothering. They have been ringing me for months now, normally between 4:30 and 5pm on week days, and they ring almost every day. In fact, they rang me yesterday at 11:45 and when I checked my mobile this morning I had a missed call from them at 2:38 this morning , presumably from the automated service where when you answer the phone you get a message asking you to ring them, I think this is what they do if they can't get hold of you.

I have asked them nicely not to call me again, I have told them not to call me again, I have even been to their website and e-mailed them demanding that they stop calling me, but nothing works.

One man who works for them asked me when my contract expires AFTER I had told him I wasn't interested, a woman told me my details would be removed from their database, and yet they still call, and another woman hung up on me when I told her that I had already asked not to be called again on several occasions.

I am sick of them, they won't leave me alone and I don't know how to get them to stop calling me. Any ideas?
  • amz84uk
    amz84uk Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    I too had several calls from this number recently. Was missing their calls, but when I did manage to answer it, the guy tried flogging me a standard 3 deal, confirming he worked for 3. He did have all my 3 contract details - that it was terminating soon. I spoke to him for about 4-5minutes and as he couldn't offer me a good deal, he just hung up on me rudely. I wasn't even rude to him, as I was genuinely looking for a new contract.
  • jack_dee
    Options
    I have saved this number as "Didnt recognise the number" in my Contact List, so when it rings I ignore it now, as i know who it is?

CJ.....................:beer:
  • laura_studd
    Options
    I have saved the number on my contacts listed under the company's name however this isn't going to stop the calls though is it? In fact, they even rang me again on Saturday. This time someone called David asked me how I was and I told him that I was very unhappy as his company keep calling me even though I have asked them so many times not to call me again. He quickly said that my details would be removed (like I haven't heard that one before) and before I had a chance to say anything else he cut me off.

They are abviously being paid commission and therefore if you are not going to take up what they offer they don't want to be stuck on a call to you and their customer service skills clearly leave a lot to be desired.

I am going to e-mail them again today and, as I am not holding my breath at the thought of getting a reply, if I do receive another call I'm going to give them a piece of my mind and see how I go about blocking their number.

:mad:
  • niall
    Options
    Heard about this lot before from a mate, they phoned me today, boy was I in for a treat, went along the lines of:

Them(T): Are you on a contract?

Me(M): Yes I am.

T: How much do you pay a month?

M: £5

T: £5! What do you get for that?

M: 1000 mins and 1000 texts

T: 1000 mind and 1000 texts! For £5?

M: Yes, its good isn't it.

T: Is that on three?

M: Yes, it was called "three deal of the century"

T: £5 a month

M: Yeah, what were you calling about?

T: How did you get that, I'm jealous, I want that!
    Right ok, sorry to trouble you.

Click!

M: HAHAHA!
  • Hi.

Having same problems with this company. Once rung by them and the guy stated that although my number was down as do not call that was 3 weeks ago and that was quite a long time ago so he was ringing again!

Try this:

A: Register your mobile number with the TPS, it's free.
    http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

B: Email GM Group and tell them your phone is registered with the TPS and remind them calling carries a £5000 fine.
    http://www.gmgroupcorporate.com/
    Mail them from the contacts tab on their site

C: Register with 3 online and inform them that the GM Group is representing itself as a department of 3 (yes thats what I was told too) and that it is ruining their image with the public.

Mind you the post by niall is rather amusing and I'd try it for a laugh.

Tried getting their number blocked but 3 could not do this.

Craig
  • manrow
    manrow Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    They have to be the most despicable phone marketing organisation ever invented. I have been receiving several calls a day from them on a variety of numbers as well as the 0870 listed above.

They say that they have my numbers because they have the database provided by 3; oh yes? Why is that happening? I certainly did not realise that 3 were apparently free to sell my contact numbers. I will change networks to avoid this.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • cymru
    cymru Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Whenever their number is showing its going straight to voicemal :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

In the end, they got the message, took a while though :D
  • gsmmad
    gsmmad Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    I use to get these calls ...its a bunch of kids trying to con you into a contract ...

I told them mate whats the best u can offer ...he told me 15 quid for 1200 mins ...they he tells me only for 3 months ....

Then he starts talking and talking about nothing to do with phones...then he gave it to someone else and on ...it was a funny hour for me an a few guys ....we totally took the !!!! and they really tried to sell a contract...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport