£1 London Hotel Rooms. Urgent! All SOLD OUT now

Options

Comments

• tashamarie70
    Options
    ViiKing wrote: »
    Is It possible to sell the room in Ebay?? :j:o

i think thats a bit unfair as theses rooms are limited and somepeople who really wants them dont get them cause of ebayers!
  • TaBunny
    TaBunny Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hoxton is a dive I'm not suprised they can't give the rooms away, I grew up round there and once it was beautiful now it is over flowing with guns, drugs and prostitutes, the real people are being smoothered, so why anyone would want to stay in a hotel there I don't know. But good luck if you do and make sure you're wearing a bullet proof vest! :eek:
    :p
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    where is Hoxton? close to centre of London?
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • ViiKing
    ViiKing Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    i think thats a bit unfair as theses rooms are limited and somepeople who really wants them dont get them cause of ebayers!

Thats true..!
  • TobyLondon
    Options
    Hi - I took part in their last rooms promotion and was lucky enough to get a £1 room. It IS a nice modern hotel in an edgy area, and it IS a good offer but the following points should be borne in mind before booking:

1. Last time, 100,000 people applied for 500 £1 rooms so do the math - not everyone will be successful. The time before, I think 26,000 people applied for a similar number of rooms. The publicity from this site will only add to that number and further reduce the odds of being successful.

2. In answer to the questions about booking more than one night, booking for parents and selling on Ebay, the hotel's T&C state that:

a) the person whose credit card is used to reserve the room must be one of the people staying in the hotel. This effectively means no selling on Ebay and no booking for others unless you are using their credit card details to make the booking.

b) only one night may be booked at the promotional rate of £1 or £29. They have stated that ALL bookings will be cancelled if you manage to book more than one night at the promotional rate.

3. A link was included last time to a fast non-HTML booking system which did not feature graphics. The hotel website has since been upgraded (the site crashed under the weight of so many bookings last time) and the link no longer exists.

4. The hotel is a converted office building and features small but well-decorated rooms. It is not meant to be a full-service hotel - breakfast is a bag of Pret-a-Manger food (banana, granola yoghurt, OJ) left outside your door (you can pay to have a cooked one though), the gym is an externally provided one 500m from the hotel for which you have to pay to gain access, and there is no parking. I'd say it's a great place to go if you are young and into clubs/bars as there are many good ones nearby. The area's 'attractions' might be lost on an older audience though, as the Shoreditch area is pretty scruffy and there is a lot of traffic noise.

5. Finally, the hotel often runs various promotions on room rates so don't be too disappointed if you don't get one here. I received an email from them a while back saying that all bookings made for Sunday nights for a certain period were only £30 (I think). While Sunday nights are not the most popular, this offer was at a very attractive price for London and not subject to the restrictions on numbers of nights or rooms that are in place during the £1/£29 offer above.
  • Red1708
    Red1708 Posts: 843 Forumite
    Options
    Hi im newish and still learning this stuff so please excuse my ignorance but i just tried the google autofill on the hotel site and it wont let me use the icon on the google bar, any ideas? thankyou.

It's a flash site & the google 'autofill' facility doesn't work on Flash sites
    BSC Member 59 - AD 29th March 2008

• littleange
    littleange Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We stayed at Hoxton on Monday night, only complaint is that the road behind was a little noisy on tuesday morning with lorries unloading and things

Room was lovely and cosy, very comfy bed, bathroom was lovely too (no bath though :( ), coffee and milk was lovely, the breakfast was good too, and the free wifi is great

Its only a couple of minutes walk from Old Street Station

Overall a very cheap trip to London for us 2 about £40

£1 for hotel
    £4.50 on the megabus from Leeds and back
    £5.40 to get into Leeds centre and back
    £15 on tube (Oster card £1.50 a journey in zone 1)
    £15 on food and drink (Took some with us)
    Free entry on the London Eye and into Madame Tussauds with our annual passes which we got with Tesco points
  • Former_MSE_Archna
    Options
    Just to confirm the sale will start at 9am tomorrow not 10am as direct e-mails have suggested.
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    this is the sort of offer that really bugs me - especially seeing as i have booked for me an the wife to spend two nights at the hoxton at full price
    08/30/2007 --- GBP 79.00 08/31/2007 --- GBP 59.00

bum humbug
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • penniesforme
    penniesforme Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    ViiKing wrote: »
    Is It possible to sell the room in Ebay?? :j:o

but why would u want to sell the room on ebay if you are coming from Sweden with your family?:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure