Options
    minimum payment is 3%

"We may apply a minimum monetary amount to Balance Transfers"

also, can't see anything about SBT's
  • ukric
    ukric Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Main credit card page shows...

0% on all balance transfers for 9 months when made within 30 days of account opening - typical 15.9% APR variable

But summery box shows....

Introductory RatesBalance Transfers Introductory Rate 0%*
    Account Cheque Payments 17.565%
    Cash Advances 17.565%
    *for up to six months from date account is opened

think it's a mis-print?
    Nothing's free.....but we'll see what we can do!
  • smartsaver
    smartsaver Posts: 968 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone applied and been instantly accepted?

We applied and were advised a reply would be sent to email in 48 hours. Just wondered if this is standard or if we will be refused. :whistle:
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    smartsaver wrote:
    Has anyone applied and been instantly accepted?

We applied and were advised a reply would be sent to email in 48 hours. Just wondered if this is standard or if we will be refused. :whistle:

I got the '48 hours' line too, no email 24hours later though. I've got a Cash ISA with M&S too so hopefully they will give me a decent limit, if only because I am not a new customer.

Think I'll take a print out of the main page advertising the 9months 0% on Bts and purchases, just to be safe :)
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • ericpode
    ericpode Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also, if you apply in-shop you get 10% off your purchases that day (must be a single purchase).

If it takes a few days to get an acceptance then I guess that you'll have to make the purchases without knowing if you'll be accepted. That's is a pity as I would be likely to buy more if I thought I definately WAS going to be accepted and get the 10% off.
  • tomh_2
    tomh_2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    ericpode wrote:
    Also, if you apply in-shop you get 10% off your purchases that day (must be a single purchase).

If it takes a few days to get an acceptance then I guess that you'll have to make the purchases without knowing if you'll be accepted. That's is a pity as I would be likely to buy more if I thought I definately WAS going to be accepted and get the 10% off.
    This could depend on the wording? When I used to work in a dep't store the trick was that it was 10% off if you APPLY for a storecard. Used to tell loads of people to apply anyhow even if they thought they'd be eventually rejected. It was worth a couple of quid a time commission, so was a handy trick!!
  • ericpode
    ericpode Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I used to work in a dep't store the trick was that it was 10% off if you APPLY for a storecard.

Oh I see. That would make more sense.

I'll be applying for an M&S card in-store very soon for that reason, so I'll be sure to ring up the store for clarification beforehand.

If all is well, I'll stock up the freezer with all that lovely M&S food!
  • klondyke
    klondyke Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    ericpode wrote:
    If all is well, I'll stock up the freezer with all that lovely M&S food!

Would that count as 'one purchase'? Thought I had to wait until I needed a new sofa/winter coat before taking advantage. Other offers (in the past, can't think of any now, so don't ask!) usually say 'one transaction'.
  • smartsaver
    smartsaver Posts: 968 Forumite
    Options
    It is for anything bought in one transaction but thta does not mean one item. You can fill your boots with store goods and the discount will be applied to the card balance. I don't think it will work if you are refused a card but I expect they will call for authorisation while you wait. :)
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Freephone: 0800 363459

Opening Times
    8am - 9pm Mon-Fri
    9am - 5pm Sat

Dear sly_dog_jonah,

I am pleased to confirm that your application has been accepted and your agreement, which will be valid for 30 days, will be sent to you for signature and return to ourselves.

Upon receipt of your signed agreement, your card will be ordered and despatched to your home address within 7-10 working days.

If you have any queries regarding this application please contact us by return e-mail or on the above freephone number.

In order to ensure that we maintain our standards of service we may from time to time contact our customers to ensure that documentation is safely received.

Yours sincerely,

Internet Customer Services

I've asked about what credit limit is being offered, no response yet.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure