The '101 days to change our lives' challenge

Hi everyone,

The idea for this thread had been swimming around for a few days in my head but it has come to fruition thanks to a great thread started by swishster, it can be found at:Click here

Now I know we are all making changes somewhere and I know you are all making progress; I guess this thread is intended as an extra catalyst for those of us who want it.

The idea is that we have a 101 day challenge to make a difference to our lives, right across the spectrum of things we want to change. All of us on the DFW board want to reduce our debt and this will of course be a part of the challenge, but what about the other things? Such as; losing a little weight, dropping a bad habit or taking up a new one, setting up a filing system, eating breakfast every day, visiting someone you have not visited for a while, etc etc etc.

The challenge is that there are no strict rules and no hard-and-fast targets. You decide in your head what things you would like to do over the next 101 days which will improve your life in some way and let's go and do them. You may have one target, you may have 20, it really does not matter; just remember that in 3 months time we can look back over this thread reading all the encouragement we will have given one another, then we can look at what we have all achieved and feel a nice warm boost inside for the summer.
threadbanner.gif
:p I'm the only gay in this forum :p
*Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads*

Comments

• CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    EXCELLENT!!!
    I've been waiting for this one!

Right for my 101 days I want to make a concise effort to be healthy with my eating.
    I've got a very high metabolism, and according to my GP, panic anxiety brought about by hypoglycemia.
    Basically due to poor eating habits, my body has become overly reliant on sugars (from what I could tell from his blurb!)

Not helped by a high metabolism!According to my Gp my BMI is not looking good.

I know some people might say "ohhh whats she complaining about, I'd love it if that were my problem", which trust me I've heard before! And I'm not filling you all in so that you'll all hate me.

But I figured, whats healthy for one person has to be healthy for us all right? Given a few exceptions! i.e I can't have nuts, allergic :)

So really I want to really get motivated and stay strong to changing my bad eating habits, before I end up on Freaky Eaters or something!!!

Look forward to meeting lots of people on the new challenge :)
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483
    Forumite
    I would love to become more confident and less negative!! Oh and loose some weight!! Actually just not putting on more weight would be good!!
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • emzig123
    emzig123 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Hiya, can I join in?

I am about to do my Finals for my degree in two weeks and really need to make some changes to my life over the summer before I start a PGCE in the autumn.

Targets:

1. get down to 11st (I'm at 12 and a half now) in time for BF's sisters wedding in September
    2. get a 2:1
    3. get a tan :rotfl:
    4. save up some money from my summer work for a holiday in september

So to do this:

1. Stop snacking and keep a food diary. my spending diary has saved me loads so hopefully my food one will work!
    2. work harder, handing in dissertation tomorrow but gotta get on with the exams.
    3. actually sit in the sun!
    4. work at the evil shop and budget tightly so I can save up the money.
    5. visit the gym/ go running/ swimming at least twice a week

Good luck guys, i look forward to keeping this up! :beer:
    Official DFW Nerd No 275
  • Crown
    Crown Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Hi all, I like the sound of this and I'm up for the challenge!

I have already changed my life dramatically since using this site as it has opened my eyes up to the "bigger picture" about finances.

So my Goals for the 101 Days to change are to

Eat Healthier & Get some type of Regular exercise
    Start my own small home business even if its only trading on Ebay
    Get back to being the postive person used to be before my Redundancy

I guess baby steps are the way to go jusrt as I have been doing with my debts. lets see how it goes :j
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 297 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • KellsBells
    KellsBells Posts: 444
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oooh I'm in too!

For my 101 days challenge there's loads I want to achieve, so for now I'll just say reduce debt by at least 20%, Lose 1 stone in weight, and make some home improvements.

I might come back and edit my post though, because I might think of more!!

Added:
    *Take more packed lunches to work
    *Shorten debt free date
    DFW #414, MoneySaver, Income Booster

It Always Seems Impossible Until It Is Done.
    £2,022 in 2022 #39 - Current total £2.90
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Mine are quite straight forward.....

Pay off the last £800 on the credit card - this will mean that I have paid off nearly £7000 in a year or so and will be debt free apart from a longstanding loan that I personally count as kind of part of the mortgage (even though it's not) as its for a conservatory.

Lose 7lbs - this will take me to my target weight and its taking ages to lose the last bit.

Train enough to do the Race for life and run all of the way - have started this but its hard-going:rolleyes:

A really simple one - take my make up off every night and not wake up with the Turin shroud on the pillow and dull looking skin!!!:eek:

No excuses - am going to try hard!!!!
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122
    Forumite
    I'm so adding that last one onto mine!

I'm so bad with the make-up thing!!!
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • ohhh this is a great little challenge... i am going to join and these will be my goals, they are small but then the following 101 days challenge i will up them ~ thats if we do it again :rolleyes:

1 ~ save at least £1000.00
    2 ~ be more confident
    3 ~ have 3 balanced meals a day :rolleyes:
    4 ~ walk more

3 months seems a long time but in reality is very short but if we put our minds to it we can all do this... :T
  • joeblack066
    joeblack066 Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    I like this!! Count me in! My goals are;

To lose 2st in weight (exercise and diet).
    To maximise my earning potential, to enable me to clear my debts quicker and afford some kinda life!
    To have some 'me' time...all I do is work and family....think subconciously this has been a defence mechanism since the break up of my last relationship, but now's the time for it to CHANGE!!
  • tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I like the sound of this one :)

Me & OH are starting the WW diet tomorrow - we stopped smoking 4 months ago and our waist lines have paid for it :eek:

We have done WW before and did really well so wont be paying the obligatory £5.00 to be told that we're fatties ;) (Cue Marjory Dores ;))

So.....worried about not having the motivation this thread has come at just the right time!!

I want to be back at my goal of 9st 5lbs and OH isn't bothered about weight as long as he is happy with how he looks.

Weigh-in is tonight so I will update my siggy once that ordeal is over!!

2nd challenge is to have saved £1200 for the new windows!! We were almost halfway there BUT life took over :mad:

Good luck to us all
    tigtag
    x
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure