PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November store cupboard challenge!!

Options
anyone else up for this?? come and join me!!!
i desperately need to do one.......my freezer and cupboard inventory is shameful.
i hope to only buy the childrens milk(dh and i use long life and i have loads!) and some fruit and veg for the whole of november!!!

Comments

• joannasmum
    joannasmum Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in, I've miss calculated the budget (actual DH forgot to tell me hes spent an extra £100) so we have next to nothing for food till he gets paid on the 20th. Aim to only buy milk, veg, yogurt and eggs.
    Sorting my life out one day at a time
  • aimeelister
    Options
    Umm yep im after emptying my grandparents pantry as they moved into a home!

I am only having my green box as usual and then its milk from the co-op.

Edit to say oh yes i have 2 pints of longlife milk so dont need to get that!!!!
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yep Im up for this, i havent done anything like this for far too long, i dont even know whats in my freezer (ive let things slip whilst sorting my dmp out)

This month, i only want to buy milk, veg and cat food. I know i have flour and things to make bread if i want to so fingers crossed i could save £££ this month off my food bill.

My month will start tomorrow as thats payday if thats ok.

Pixie
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    yep I'm in this month, well 2 weeks actually as we go on holiday on the 15th for 2 weeks, so we could use the extra money for that. Freezer and cupboards are stuffed full. I keep trying to use up stuff but somehow it doesn't get any less. (Think I must be sleepwalking to asda). I will need some space for the christmas goodies soon. But I found 3 full packs of 50 sausage rolls from last christmas in the bottom of the freezer!!! Do you think they will be ok?
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Im in this month, ive just gone through my chest freezer, and my cupboards, so there are a few things i will stock up on, but then it will just be fresh fruit and veg, milk and eggs!!!!
  • blessings3
    Options
    Can I join in have way to many BOGOF's stashed away and need to make the most of them!
  • mags50_2
    mags50_2 Posts: 381 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in as well :)
    Have just spent half-term cooking and baking for the freezer, so hopefully will only be eggs, milk and fresh veg.
    Only trouble is.... I promised to do this a few months back and then kept seeing lots of offers... eeek!
    You're really going to have to nag me this month people!!!
    Good Luck everyone!
    A family that eats together, stays together

NSD 50/365
    GC JAN £259.63/£400 FEB £346.41/£350.00 MAR £212.57/£300 APR £1/£250
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    flourgirl the sausage rolls will be absolutely fine :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I need to do this as am moving am broke and need to run down the old freezer, problem is I just cant resist a reduced bargain!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds good as I have to start cutting right back as DH is not working so what do I need to do as I have never done this before??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure