clubseasons.co.uk

Options
Hi.
I have received a letter today advising me that I have won a prize in last month's MyOffers/clubseasons competition. The letter says that the prize is worth £2950 & gives an 0800 number to call to validate the prize.

I have looked at the website here: http://www.clubseasons.co.uk/ & I think it is a Timeshare company, in which case I don't want to know (I enter almost all the MyOffers comps). Has anybody else had dealings with them?

Thanks
Going down the Oteley Road to see the Shrewsbury aces! :T

Comments

• fluffynit
    fluffynit Posts: 11,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you might find some info under the thread MY OFFERS in this forum. Starting at post #16, I think it the same thing you are talking about.

Hope this helps ;)

fluffynit
  • skiathos_2
    Options
    i've just had the winning letter too ! i'd be amazed if it wasnt a time share/holiday club type scam. nevertheless at first glance i cant see the problem in paying the £160, taking the 4 night break and 7 night holiday this year and then claiming my £160 back (as per their 'guarantee'). i think that come the 2nd year it would be nigh on impossible to get high season weeks for your £322 but , so what - you wouldnt have lost anything if you cancelled your membership, or am i missing something? incidentally, you could easily get good quality accommodation elsewhere on the web for £322 a week.
  • MANDIE_3
    MANDIE_3 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    I have just had another letter from Club Seasons asking me to URGENTLY call their audit office as I hadn't replied to their original offer telling me I'd won a seasone membership worth 2950! Has anyone actually taken up the offer and tried to get a holiday booked???
  • BlondieE
    BlondieE Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    I also received a recorded delivery letter saying the same thing. I'm not going to bother - don't thinks its exactly a win - as my next door neighbour the following day received the same letter - Don't think our luck is that good - its a scam. I won't be touching 'my offers' competitions again.
  • Crokeria
    Crokeria Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I was excited then dubious then thought to "google" clubseasons and this forum popped up! I'm chucking it in the bin...£322 service charge is no different from paying for a weeks holiday accomodation.
  • ANN_THOMAS_3
    Options
    izzitme wrote:
    Hi.
    I have received a letter today advising me that I have won a prize in last month's MyOffers/clubseasons competition. The letter says that the prize is worth £2950 & gives an 0800 number to call to validate the prize.

I have looked at the website here: http://www.clubseasons.co.uk/ & I think it is a Timeshare company, in which case I don't want to know (I enter almost all the MyOffers comps). Has anybody else had dealings with them?

Thanks
    YES I ALSO HAD A LETTER SAYING THE SAME WASTE OF TIME !!!!!!!
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ANN_THOMAS wrote:
    YES I ALSO HAD A LETTER SAYING THE SAME WASTE OF TIME !!!!!!!

This old chestnut again!!! Ignore

Stebiz
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • bignig_2
    Options
    I have read the previous chat with interest but notice it may have been a couple of months ago. Probably a previous promotion/competition.
    I have just received a letter from the above company by registered/recorded post, I had to sign for it. The competition did exist as I have email acknowledgment of entry and it was for one of 31 possible 'prizes'.
    Life time membership, one week per year. Yes it is obviously timeshare and I like many others are very dubious.
    They ask payment of 168.50 (half the annual 'maintenance' fee) to be sent now and then two weeks accommodation in first year. Obviously it is self catering and own travel arrangements have to be made but not supposedly tied in with the company, so can be arranged independently.

Self catering doesnt worry us, i have four kids and its what we have always done. If you take into account the outlay in the first year, taking one week in the Uk (which is possible) the travel arrangements may not cost a huge amount of money. So on year one it looks to be a good deal. If then you complain/dont wish to continue you arent tied any further.

Im willing to be persuaded otherwise but dont wish my judgement to be clouded by my dislike of the tactics used by timeshare companies so am fairly open minded.
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome bignig, hope you enjoy the forum & community.

Are you related to Foxyfeline who posted on another thread in this forum? are you going to go along and listen to the presentation? & then next one at the holiday site? if so. it'd be good to hear what you think after them & what you're kids thought as well.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • bignig_2
    Options
    sorry, no relation ;-)
    There was no mention of any presentation for this particular one at all.
    I recently supposedly 'won' a 'free' week holiday with Club La Costa where my wife and I had to attend a meeting (for 2.75 hours) where they tried (and failed) to sell a timeshare (at 9 grand for life) so I was a bit dubious when this letter dropped through my door. But, no mention was made of attendance at a sales meeting in letter or on the phone...they just wanted the half cost maintenance fee to continue.. Anyway the prize is supposedly life time membership anyway and only possible extras for them would be an upgrade to a larger place or of course money from the maintenance fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure