Vodafone Unlimited Internet = 500MB monthly ????

Options
My phone is on its last legs so I need to get another fairly soon. As I am not into upgrading at the drop of a hat, I thought I'd get the best available and hang on to it for a while.

To my (untrained) eye the SE Satio looks the business and seems to do all that I want - fab camera, music etc on the move.
I like SE phones - was considering a W995 but thought that screen was too small.
Now looking at the contracts available I am leaning towards the vodafone package : Thought £35/pm with unlimited internet (- £90 via quidco)was reasonable but looking at the unlimited definition, it says that is 500MB limit and refers to fair usage!!
Now that to me is not unlimited - and doesn't seem to be enough to watch a film or tv on the move , which is what I would want the phone for!
Does anyone know of any more generous internet bundle or should I wait for more deals to come through? Or does anyone have cheaper option please?
:beer:

Comments

• Astec
    Astec Posts: 515 Forumite
    Options
    Dunno about deals, but o2's internet really is unlimited. I've run up 60/70 mb a day with video use with no issues.
  • bigmuffins
    Options
    thanks for that - will go and look at O2 deals!
    Don't think is fair to say unlimited and then limit it! smacks of misleading to me!
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    500MB a month???
    It wouldn't be "unlimited" even if it was per day.
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    O2 DO have a fair usage policy though.
  • bigmuffins
    Options
    thanks - tried looking at their t&c but can't find a figure tho maybe flu brain is not seeing it though so if anyone can help I would appreciate it! Don't want to take out O2 contract and find their limit is the same! :o
  • talkalot
    talkalot Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    Vodafone do these bundles. Which would give you plenty of data usage using your phone.
    http://online.vodafone.co.uk/business/business-internet/broadband-via-mobile-phone
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    500MB a month???
    It wouldn't be "unlimited" even if it was per day.

I had a fight with dial-a-phone over selling me unlimited internet, and then Vodafone billing me for £250+ of data charges for using 250mb of internet. After bringing in trading standards they backed down, paid up the costs, and changed their website to state the amount actually in the contract.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • loulou123
    loulou123 Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    Options
    Ive got unlimited internet on my 3 package which is actually limited by a fair usage policy to 1GB per month. I would think most phone comapanys do it on a fair usage policy basis and if you read the small print unlimited texts etc usually have a maximum limit too.
  • Andyblizz
    Andyblizz Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    It will be interesting to see what Vodafone do one the data hungry iPhone is released on there network. As i dont think i use my iPhone a hugh amount an i clock up over 500mb a month on my simplicity contract with O2.
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The satio is not really a SE phone. It's got Nokia symbian software on it so you'll be able to run Nokia/Symbian apps on it.

Consider the N900.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport