A Payment A Day Part 5

fermi
fermi Posts: 40,546
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
Forumite
edited 1 October 2009 at 8:59AM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Emily Hallett started a fantastic thread called 'a payment a day' which you can find here:

Thread 1

:T The thread was a huge success and was continued in 'A Payment a Day Part 2'. That thread can be found here:

Thread 2

And once again in Part 3 found here:

Thread 3

And Part 4:

Thread 4

:T The thread is extremely supportive and friendly, with lots of madness and smileys to boot! It is ever increasing, which is why part 4 has now been started.

The principle of the idea is that you pay any extra money you have against a debt to clear it a little bit quicker. Not everyone makes a daily payment, but instead they save money to make a lump sum at the end of the month. You can do it anyway you want to, but join the thread and let us know how you are getting on.

Some PaD-ers have cleared their debts and are now focusing on saving following the same principal, so they still post on the thread.

Anyone is welcome to join in at anytime.

Best wishes to everyone :beer:

To show how well we all do, the collective amount paid to each debt, per month, will be logged here. Look how amazing the totals are sHa_clap5.gif

January £31,633.52
February £27,954.19
March £38,976.80
April £34,235.12
May £35,660.62
June £38,126.07
July £54,400.38
August £48,544.56

September £52,615.38

Total for the year to date £362,146.64

This was originally done by ehallett and then Hopeful1 so please thank these ladies any time you see them!
Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed

Comments

• jo41
    jo41 Posts: 1,171
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Part 5 woop woop!:beer::beer::beer::j:j:j
    Jo x
  • milliemonster
    milliemonster Posts: 3,708
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    yay:j as I've started PaD myself please can I join this thread? desperate to get a couple of debts paid off asap:D
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • angelicmary85
    angelicmary85 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Morning All!

Pad for me is another £12.00 please Mac!

Got a very ill wee lassie on my hands today :(

Hope you all have a great day! x
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Oh man! I'd just typed up a long post and it wouldn't put it up 'cause the thread was closed. Right, back in a minute lol
    One step at a time ;)
  • angelicmary85
    angelicmary85 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Just read through part 4...

Will try to get some piccys up later... I promise not to make them as big as last time!!
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Woohoo!! - Part 5!! :j.

I am back on the PAD wagon and am trying to clear my pesky Barclaycard so I have made a payment today of 67p to bring it down to an even £249.

Emily x
  • Hopeful1
    Jo - i loved your berry good Sunday piccie. You can't beat a bit of naffness. Thank you for your message - you made my eyes go prickly :o The chat with OH wasn't the most successful 'cause he aint so good at the talking! He is going to rebook with the counsellor he saw previously and is going to the docs tomorrow. This is v pro-active for him, usually i have to bk, so that's encouraging. I shall be writing down all my feelings and views so he can read and digest it all on his own. As you will know from my posts, i always have plenty to say lol :D

Angelic- he will pay! The settee has been my 1st line of attack. It's times like these i wish we had a bigger house lol. I'm glad to hear Adam's doing so well. You can't beat that feeling of swelling pride that only your children can give you can you? Hope you daughter is better soon xxx

Mumof4 - it's good to see you back. I think the weather has made the hols more expensive. And you are so right about travel. It killed me spending nearly £70 on fuel when we went away :eek: I think a few of us will be facing our debt with renewed vigour in September ;)

Danko - baby boy is due at the beg. of Dec. I start maternity leave at the end of Nov. and can't wait :j I've made a list of all the things i need (and boy is that scary) and sorted / washed clothes from when LO was born as well as toys. Each week i try to get something which little one keeps in a box in his room. He was adamant he should be in charge of it, bless him :A
    How was your weekend? You always sound like you have so much fun. It must be even better knowing you don't have to get up for work on Monday :T

Thank you to all who have posted warm messages and congrats on the debt clearance. I am determined to clear more of the smaller ones before that baby is arrived. It was great to put a zero in my sig at last :D

Have a good day everyone.
    HAPPY 5TH THREAD :j BIRTHDAY TO US :j

:beer: :T :beer: :T :beer:
    One step at a time ;)
  • Hopeful1
    yay:j as I've started PaD myself please can I join this thread? desperate to get a couple of debts paid off asap:D

catpwswlcm.jpg
    ehallett wrote: »
    Woohoo!! - Part 5!! :j.

I am back on the PAD wagon and am trying to clear my pesky Barclaycard so I have made a payment today of 67p to bring it down to an even £249.

Emily x

Your fab idea is ever growing, Emily xxx :T
    One step at a time ;)
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Hello everyone

Lovely Shiny new thread love it

Hopeful - big hugs

Have a nice day everyone

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Hopeful1
    Hello everyone

Lovely Shiny new thread love it

Hopeful - big hugs

Have a nice day everyone

Helen x

Hi Helen! I'm glad you're still keeping up with the thread. You never know, once you're all sorted you could PaD to a savings account. I can't wait 'til that's a my only focus!

Anyway, it's going dark again. I need to get the LO out before the blinkin' rain comes down again ;)
    One step at a time ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport