A Payment A Day Part 4

mooomin
mooomin Posts: 13,703
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 1 August 2009 at 6:42AM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Emily Hallett started a fantastic thread called 'a payment a day' which you can find here:

Thread 1

:T The thread was a huge success and was continued in 'A Payment a Day Part 2'. That thread can be found here:

Thread 2

And once again in Part 3 found here:

Thread 3

:T The thread is extremely supportive and friendly, with lots of madness and smileys to boot! It is ever increasing, which is why part 4 has now been started.

The principle of the idea is that you pay any extra money you have against a debt to clear it a little bit quicker. Not everyone makes a daily payment, but instead they save money to make a lump sum at the end of the month. You can do it anyway you want to, but join the thread and let us know how you are getting on.

Some PaD-ers have cleared their debts and are now focusing on saving following the same principal, so they still post on the thread.

Anyone is welcome to join in at anytime.

Best wishes to everyone :beer:

To show how well we all do, the collective amount paid to each debt, per month, will be logged here. Look how amazing the totals are sHa_clap5.gif

January £31,633.52
February £27,954.19
March £38,976.80
April £34,235.12
May £35,660.62
June £38,126.07
July £54,400.38

Total for the year to date £260,986.70

This was originally done by ehallett and then Hopeful1 so please thank these ladies any time you see them!

Comments

• angelicmary85
    angelicmary85 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Yay I'm the 1st poster!!
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Just to say I'm subscribed and sorted! See you all later! xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
  • Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    How did you know to start a new thread FF??

No pad for me again today. I have been into town this morning because I had a voucher for 20% off in New Look and wanted to see if there were any bargains I was missing out on. I didn't find anything I wanted that was full price so I gave my voucher away to a couple of teenage girls who had armfuls of stuff lol Feeling very virtuous now!

I have also been to the gym (yay) but then nipped into co-op on the way home to buy some milk and ended up buying a couple of crusty bread rolls to eat with my soup (boo) whoops!

Hope everyone is having a good saturday and making better PADs than I am!

xx
    Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
  • lemma1968
    lemma1968 Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Hi Guys

Sorry i have not been on for a while but i have been very busy, very stressed and very broke! :mad:

I have made my first PaD of the week today :eek: of £150 to HMRC.

I know i would not usually do that at the weekend but i have a bit of catching up to do and very little cashflow to do it with.

Very annoyed with work who are behind with getting my bills out, so my cashflow has ground to a halt. Stress has set in and i have fallen off the wagon this week with my diet due to the stress. Only lost a poxy 1/2 lb!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hope you are all well and spanking the bankers. Byeeeee xxxx
    2013 TARGET £30k
    2012 £26500 paid off.
    2011 £22750 paid off
    2010 £19800 paid off
    2009 MBNA Cleared 25.09.09 £34391.33 PAID OFF
    DFW Nerd 612 Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • macgirl
    macgirl Posts: 5,091
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wooo! Lovin' the new thread!

What a difference a week makes eh?

Went for a soggy 4.5mile run this morning to make amends for last weeks mini-magnum shenanigans :o Got SOAKED, so feeling really shattered now...

Need to get "Flyladying" my house up but feel like having a lazy Saturday in front of an old film ([STRIKE]with a Magnum[/STRIKE]...:D)

My PAD of £2 will be towards the O/D
    Have a great Saturday everyone!
    Hope those with probs, have a better week next week, Mac x
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oooh a new thread! My PAD today is just £1...i've got to save up for the car tax at the end of the month so it'll be token payments until i've got that xx
  • Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Oh my god thought i had lost you all!

PAD is £4.13 to Natwest CC and £7.16 to HSBC CC

Total PAD is £11.29
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all

Wet & windy here in Pennine Yorkshire; yar boo but good for the garden methinks. Small PAD yesterday for £2 coin to holiday saving VW camper bus moneybox, have to put ALL £2 coins in there....but don't get very many!

Will be back later with more PAD for today. Little bit of a blow in the mail as DH had a letter from Virgin CC today to tell him they were withdrawing his card......:eek:BOOO. It was a nil balance & only a £3000 CL but we were just contemplating balance trans from some of the higher cards:confused: Ah well at least it is another on one well & truly gone methinks..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • nikki02_2
    nikki02_2 Posts: 468 Forumite
    Afternoon all,

WOW, a luffly shiny new thread for aus all to play with, thanks FF:A

My pad is £20 to the scAbbey card.

My DD has gotten over her sickness bug thankgoodness, but my wee man still isn't himself. It could be hs teeth coming through, so fingers crossed he'll be on the mend soon.

I need to get my a*s into gear sometime over the wknd, and get listing on ebay. I'm falling over things that I could sell, but can't seem to get myself into the right frame of mind to do it. :rolleyes:

Well done to everyone who's padding away, be it huge or token payments. Don't lose faith, it really does work.

Enjoy your wknd xx
    Comping wins

May 2013: Sausage Roll :D
    Keep calm and carry on comping
    :j
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,869
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello everyone can I join in please
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure