PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Prawns recipes help!

Options
hi

i've got some cooked tiger prawns in the freezer that i bought BOGOF. i had thought i would like to do prawn kebabs for valentines night but not sure if i can do this with cooked prawns and don't know a recipe. if not has anybody got any other ideas?

thanks
  1. jan GC £200
  2. 3rd-9th[STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]actual spend £95.00 :eek:
  3. 10th-16th [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
  4. 17th-23rd [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
  5. 24th-30th [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00

Comments

• comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    http://www.uktvfood.co.uk/index.cfm?uktv=search.results&searchBox=2
    This should bring up some recipes from uk food, HTH
    Catherine x

Just tried it and the link didnt work, if you go into it and search for tiger prawns, you will get quite a few recipes!!!!
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    BBC Food website Has some good prawn recipes. I've provided a link for you, let us know how you get on :)
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Tonight I made a really good thai curry with BOGOF cooked tiger prawns.
    I fried a chopped onion, sliced mushrooms & a couple of cloves of garlic. When soft I added a tin of coconut milk, some frozen peas & half a jar of green thai curry paste & let it simmer for about 5 mins. I added the prawns & heated them through thoroughly. We had it with rice & wraps, it was delicious & tasted a lot more expensive & complicated than it was.
  • spaghetti_monster
    Options
    Store-cupboard challenge style I'm cooking something up with some frozen prawns I found in the freezer......

basically I also had some creamed coconut so I'm making a kind of stew with this plus: onions, peppers, lime juice, coriander, tinned tomatoes, hot pepper sauce... and am about to eat it with some steamed rice...yum!!

Anyway - I seem to have rather a lot for just one (home alone for the next few days) and I'm a bit ignorant about re-freezing things. Basically I was veggie for about 15 years until about 2 years ago when I started eating fish and seafood.

Can I freeze left-overs from today?? If not could I keep in the fridge and re-heat tomorrow?? Or is this a recipe for food poisoning???! :confused:
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you are using prawns from the freezer and aren't sure, why don't you cook a batch of the sauce, then add the prawns to a portion of the sauce. The remaining sauce can be frozen and the used at a later date with the rest of the prawns??

General rule for freezing is that if the food has been frozen raw, then defrosted and cooked, it CAN be refrozen. But in the case of frozen prawns, most of them are brought in frozen and raw to the manufacturing plants, shelled, cooked and then quick frozen for packaging. So I myself would be wary of freezing prawns again, even though I'd cooked them first.

HTH :)
  • spaghetti_monster
    Options
    Yes, they look like the kind that were already cooked and then frozen.
    Unfortunately it's all been on the stove for a while now and nearly ready to eat! Otherwise that's a really good idea to do the sauce and prawns separately.
    Thanks!!
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It will keep in the fridge quite happily for 24 hours once cooled, but I wouldn't keep prawns any longer than that.

At least next time you'll be able to freeze it ;)
  • spaghetti_monster
    Options
    That's good to know! Tomorrow night's dinner's sorted!
  • helen81_2
    helen81_2 Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Options
    I have a packet of defrosted prawns in my fridge that i intended to make a curry with for my OH but he has now informed me that he doesnt like prawn curry so not to bother making it!...which has left me with a prob...what the hell do I use the prawns for now!!? Its quite a large packet and have already been frozen once so I can't put them back into the freezer! Any help will be appreciated.
    love my little man he is amazing :j
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Fish Pie?
    Seafood Pasta?
    I would personally have prawn and mayo sandwhich for lunch then a big jacket potatoe with seafood sauce for tea - we all love prawns in this house so a big packet wouldnt last long.
    Im sure someone will b along with a lovely recipe in a min.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure