Great Factory Shops Hunt

Official insert: I've taken this thread and turned it into a Great Hunt. If you spot a factory shop please give as much detail as possible

I was reading one of the posts involving buying food stuff from a factory shop and I wondered how you find out what factories have shops open to the public? I live quite near a chocolate factory that has a shop but didn't know it was there for about 14 years! How do you find them? Does anyone know of any cheap food outlets in Norfolk - I'm happy to buy bulk!!
threadbanner.gif

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    my local biscuit factory has a staff shop, but nevber been able to find anything else. even the rock factories here only sell to the staff cheap. you sound lucky halloween queen.
  • Yes - its great value - 10 walnut whips for £1.50 = cheap easter eggs and advent calenders - plus they supply marks and sparks so good quality stuff- especially when its not seconds but the order is cancelled or too much is made. Get biscuits and cooking ingredients too, plus a whole box of small flakes for a couple of pounds. I just need a savoury factory outlet! Or do I!!!??
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Please can I come & live with you ;D ??? ::)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    possibly. we do ahave a crisp factory not far from here, tempted now to see if they have factory shop.
  • Lol, lillibet!! Rent paid in chocolate please!!
    Go for it 160, doesn't hurt to ask!!
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    have just found them on the web, they have on but its only open frid 9-12, so thinkmay have to go and pay a visit. also brewery near my friends has a staff shop, and her hubby works there, have just emailed her, and she is getting me some beer for xmas. glad you started this thread. has saved me money already. ;D
  • Beer and crisps - blimey - - if you have a party I'll bring the chocs!! ;D
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    now that may be a plan for the old style meet. :-* ;D
  • You have inspired me to find local factories and email them to ask if they have shops open to the public! I've asked sugar and crisps so far! Very healthy!
  • mink35
    mink35 Posts: 6,068
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We've got Webb Ivory, Tutbury Crystal, Georgian Crystal all with open-to-public shops. We have Nestle as well but don't think they open to public. Biscuit factory not far away used to open to public but not now (pity as they sold McVities, Walkers crisps etc!) ;D
    Mink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport