Orange put the squeeze on Customers.Not so Bright Now.

Options
pricefighter
pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
The Futures not so Bright Now for customers.

Read this article :http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/06/orange_animals/

Some of the things they are proposing

Orange will start hitting up customers for £1.50 a month for itemised billing.

Not paying by Orange's preferred direct debit method will now set you back
£3.50 a month.

Delivery reports on texts will cost a penny a pop.

The minutes new and migrating customers get from lower-priced tariffs are being reduced. From April, £19 a month will buy 50 rather than 60 minutes, and £25 gets you 100 minutes - 20 minutes less than the current amount.

The standard out-of-bundle text rate will be upped from 10p to 12p under the new plans, as will a minute's talktime to a landline, and to another Orange phone.
PF.

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    First leaked 4 days ago - and hints of new O2 tariffs now as well

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stampede0qv.jpg
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    redux wrote:
    First leaked 4 days ago - and hints of new O2 tariffs now as well

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stampede0qv.jpg

I like the bit "Watch out for Stampede". I presume thats away from Orange. :D
    PF.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I like the bit "Watch out for Stampede". I presume thats away from Orange. :D
    I dropped a hint of that on another thread, then others confirmed some names, and someone posted it later.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=160969

Until those responses, I thought it might be an early joke on the date involved, so I didn't post that picture earlier. Now I've just read that an early proposal was monkey instead of dolphin, but they thought better of it. And as I said on there, how many racoons in the UK?

I think the original launch of Orange was seen as one of the most successful new brand names ever, and inspired other companies to change theirs (some with rather less success - Six Continents?), but I can't help thinking this is not an sure-footed move.
  • Homer88
    Homer88 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Hi..

I was told about all this the other day. But there another thing in the pipeline for contract phones.

Phone upgrades will only be every TWO years instead of yearly..

Anybody else heard this..?????
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Homer88 wrote:
    Hi..

I was told about all this the other day. But there another thing in the pipeline for contract phones.

Phone upgrades will only be every TWO years instead of yearly..

Anybody else heard this..?????

they need to build handsets that have a chance of lasting 2 years if they're going to do this. My last handset didn't really last 12 months....
  • rockykabir
    rockykabir Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    It is actually getting quite painful to watch Orange's demise :(

I'm presuming this is for new users only? All of us on existing contracts wouldn't be affected right?
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 956 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rockykabir wrote:
    I'm presuming this is for new users only? All of us on existing contracts wouldn't be affected right?
    I think there's a good chance they will try to charge everyone for itemised billing. Unless anyone has found out to the contrary?

V.
  • ultrak3wl
    ultrak3wl Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Isn't this poor. Orange really did lead the pack easily about ten years ago, head and shoulders above, but then just swirled themselves down the drain. This latest campaign really is laughably embarrassing how much lower can they go.
    [size=+2]I MSE[/size]
  • richardjames73
    Options
    virgo17 wrote:
    I think there's a good chance they will try to charge everyone for itemised billing. Unless anyone has found out to the contrary?

V.

Surely if they do, existing customers will be in there rights to cancel their contracts. I for one will be.
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 956 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely if they do, existing customers will be in there rights to cancel their contracts. I for one will be.
    You may be right Richard. However I am one of those folk who have three of the now ringfenced OVP Virgin tariffs. One for each member of the family. As there is no monthly line rental on these and we only pay for what we use, I would hate to lose them but would object to paying Orange itemised billing

I guess there may be an option to not have itemised billing which would suit us.

V.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport