New Orange tariffs

Options
greyster
greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
I was told by retentions there are new tariffs coming out 00:01AM 1st April.

I was offered 500x mins + 100 texts for £15 first six months and £30 for last six months - but to phone back later for better deals.

Business wise I was glad to hear that Orange are discussing whether to match the O2 business tariff which is currently £22.50 per handset for unlimited calls to O2 mobiles. Last time I checked it was a certain 'no'

If you hear about the new tariffs on either domestic or business while on the phone to them, please post below.

Thanks.

Comments

• eco21
    eco21 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    The new tariffs will be out on the 1st April, and I may have a rough idea of what they are lik next week. The idea is that you are a type of cutomer, not a tariff per say.

I.e.
    you are a student who texts alot
    you are a heavy night time talker
    you are a 5mins a day talker
    you are a little peak lots of peak user with a little texts

these are all examples not what they will be like but just to give you an idea.

Also, Orange from Monday are doping business plus with free calls to sharers and free cals to any orange mobile. so they already had that in the line when o2 released there tariff.
  • greyster
    Options
    Eco1 will the business site be updated to reflect these changes from Monday do you think or will they be announced like the domestic ones from 1st April?
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is this the same rumour I heard somewhere else?

How come a code name like Tempest would refer to a menagerie?

"Watch out for the Stampede" .......... ?
  • Jarlawuk
    Jarlawuk Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    From what I've been told the likelihood is just a 25% increase in terms of minutes on existing packages and including free text like o2 do. Code names like dolphin/panther etc for the tariff names are rumoured ^^
  • eco21
    eco21 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    In store we will use things like Racoon and Panther; theyre the only two I remember through word of mouth, but the tariffs are completely different for each 'animal'

The new Business Plus will take affect from Monday.. 99.99999% sure

Business Plus 120 with 2 sharers would work out as:

£49ish
    12month contract
    120 mins anytime anywhere
    free insurance
    free voicemail
    free calls to Orange mobiles
    free calls to 'sharers'
    2 brand new phones

Seems a good tariff
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Canary is the other one perhaps? - interesting to see you confirm it, as I wondered if it was a spoof based on the date.

The choice of names made me suspicious, as there are no racoons here, so how could people anthropomorphise them if they didn't really know how they behave?

Are these actually marketing names, or only for in-network use?
  • *!*HIBS*!*
    *!*HIBS*!* Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    eco21 wrote:
    Also, Orange from Monday are doping business plus with free calls to sharers and free cals to any orange mobile.
    LOL is the way to make more money out of business tariffs.... get them high and then they can charge for more without the users realising or wondering why the police have raided their premises, looking for the "special goods"!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • greyster
    Options
    eco21 wrote:
    In store we will use things like Racoon and Panther; theyre the only two I remember through word of mouth, but the tariffs are completely different for each 'animal'

The new Business Plus will take affect from Monday.. 99.99999% sure

Business Plus 120 with 2 sharers would work out as:

£49ish
    12month contract
    120 mins anytime anywhere
    free insurance
    free voicemail
    free calls to Orange mobiles
    free calls to 'sharers'
    2 brand new phones

Seems a good tariff

Very good deal indeed. The inclusive minutes to catch the random off network call is a good bonus too.
  • Davey_s2
    Davey_s2 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Is there any way that I can connect to a business tariff on my line 1? I am currently on t mobile daytime max (with orange OVP) which gives me 3000 mins to same network and landline, but t mobile currently have a business tariff which is very similar to my current plan but much cheaper (mine is 41 quid, the business one is 17.50 IIRC)? Any ideas? Or will there be a new plan for heavy daytime users such as I- I would ideally want lots of same network and landline calls (2000+ mins) and a few x net calls?
  • greyster
    Options
    Orange Domestic and Orange Business have their own accounts so if you want to switch you have to 'transfer' to the business side.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure