Empty loaf bags, what do you use yours for?

For some reason I have started folding and saving my empty loaf bags, don't know why as I haven't done it before.

I just emptied the crumbs out of one the other week, folded it and put it away and have been doing it with the last few since.

:rolleyes:

Now, do I need to throw these away or can someone please come to my rescue and tell me that I am not going mad and give me some ideas what I can use them for other than storing homemade bread in.

;)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• daska
    daska Posts: 6,212
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've only ever seen people use them to take their packed lunches in - is a good question!

if they're biodegradable then you might be able to use them to line a compost caddy?
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • foxybabe
    foxybabe Posts: 752
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I use mine as poo bags......for the dogs
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance....
  • My OH uses them as sandwich bags.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!'
  • I use them instead of clingfilm. Put half onions, turnip, celery etc. saves them drying out. Then you could throw them away knowing they've been reused at least once.
    GC - Oct £36.17/£31
    GC - Sep £35.56/£30:o
    GC - Aug £30.73/£31
    GC - Jul £30.80/£31
  • JulieM
    JulieM Posts: 749
    First Post First Anniversary Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I reuse bread bags for freezing home made cakes. I store the empty bags in the fridge or freezer till I need them so that any stray breadcrumbs that may have been left behind don't go mouldy. Glad I'm not the only one who can't bear to throw these away!
  • We have an open fire so I keep all these sort of bags - i.e loaf, banana and the paper bags fruit and veg comes in from market stalls. I keep one by the sink and any burnable rubbish goes in it and at the end of the day I put it on the fire.
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    With the normal sliced loaf bags my mum has always just used them as a sandwich bag once you get through the loaf. I do if I remember, but I have a terrible habit of forgetting to toast the crusts, then realising they've gone mouldy- so don't want to reuse a mouldy bread bag!

Paper bags always just go in the recycling, the bags from supermarket bakery products just end up straight in the bin as they rip apart.
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • JayneC
    JayneC Posts: 912 Forumite
    I use them as sandwich bags, freezer bags, as a cover for leftover food that goes in the fridge-if it's on a plate you can put the whole thing in the bag and it doesn't dry out.! I'm a bit obsessive about re-using things, I save marg tubs too for sandwhich boxes and storing food in the freezer - ideal for individual portions:D
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
  • maybe use them once for taking sarnies to work in, but then chuck them!! I am cleaning my grandma's house whilst she is in hospital ad she has hoarded loads of the bl00dy things.... its a bit depressing!
  • jennet1
    jennet1 Posts: 199 Forumite
    I use them as freezer bags
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills