Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty - just re-read the thread and saw your card (or rather your OH's card.......lol ) He did do well. OH did one for me once, well sort of - became a joint effort - now he just looks and either says 'that ones nice' or smiles and sort of sighs (meaning -not so nice........lol):rotfl:
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • abusybee
    abusybee Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    odollybird - Lovely card. Is the backing paper embossed or (sorry can't think of the correct term) parchment pricked? It looks really effective.

jailhousebabe - Great card Love the stars

Rusty - I can't believe you got your oh to make a card. Mine just thinks I make a load of mess and that its my job to do cards

savapenny - Loving the chocolate paper

I will have to make some effort this weekend to make the male card. I have just been tired at the moment and starting with another of these colds that seem to be doing the rounds. My darling husband is on nights all weekend so I will probably get one done then when I have got a bit of peace and quiet
    :heart2::rotfl: :rotfl: :heart2:I LOVE A BARGIN:heart2: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    TIME TO START SHOPPING FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS
    :dance: I LOVE THE SALES!!!!!:dance:
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    abusybee wrote: »
    odollybird - Lovely card. Is the backing paper embossed or (sorry can't think of the correct term) parchment pricked? It looks really effective.

jailhousebabe - Great card Love the stars

Rusty - I can't believe you got your oh to make a card. Mine just thinks I make a load of mess and that its my job to do cards

savapenny - Loving the chocolate paper

I will have to make some effort this weekend to make the male card. I have just been tired at the moment and starting with another of these colds that seem to be doing the rounds. My darling husband is on nights all weekend so I will probably get one done then when I have got a bit of peace and quiet

:rotfl: I didn't make him do it honest :o I was out delivering the hamper for MIL and he was impatient and just made it :rolleyes: he even called me to ask where my cutting mat was! .... it was only when I got back home I realised he had made it .... (MIL was still on holiday hence me dropping the hamper off there without the card as I wanted it set out on the table for when she got home :) )
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • odollybird
    Options
    qoute: ( odollybird - Lovely card. Is the backing paper embossed or (sorry can't think of the correct term) parchment pricked? It looks really effective.)

abusybee i have a metal stencil which i pricked into sorry i dont know the exact name for iticon7.gif
  • JailhouseBabe
    Options
    odollybird wrote: »
    qoute: ( odollybird - Lovely card. Is the backing paper embossed or (sorry can't think of the correct term) parchment pricked? It looks really effective.)

abusybee i have a metal stencil which i pricked into sorry i dont know the exact name for iticon7.gif

Wow, that must have taken forever! I'm very impressed :T
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Gosh! I've only missed a day & there's been so much catching up to do!

Love all your cards I've got to do mine yet.........maybe tomorrow I'll get time.....

Rusty - re 'man made' card it's brilliant! my OH acts as my advisor on 'technical issues' but not sure he'd 'go it alone'. Although, for my last b'day card he said he'd chosen it specially so I could re-use the bits stuck on the front!!
  • fluffyb
    fluffyb Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Options
    Super cards everybody :T :T
  • abusybee
    abusybee Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: I didn't make him do it honest :o I was out delivering the hamper for MIL and he was impatient and just made it :rolleyes: he even called me to ask where my cutting mat was! .... it was only when I got back home I realised he had made it .... (MIL was still on holiday hence me dropping the hamper off there without the card as I wanted it set out on the table for when she got home :) )

Well he deserves a pat on the back. He is definatly rare!:rotfl:
    :heart2::rotfl: :rotfl: :heart2:I LOVE A BARGIN:heart2: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    TIME TO START SHOPPING FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS
    :dance: I LOVE THE SALES!!!!!:dance:
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fab cards everyone:T

I suggested to my OH that he could make my Christmas card - I even offered to get all my Christmas stuff out for him! he just had a look of panic on his face and said "no":rotfl:
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • Skiergirl
    Skiergirl Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T Great cards everyone :T

My DH has agreed to come to the GMex show in a couple of weeks - bribed by the thought of a meal in manchester ;):D
    Has anyone been to any of these shows (stitch and creative crafts) ?.
    If so, is the stuff any cheaper than you can get it normally, or are they a place just to get ideas ?. Thanks for any info you can give.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure