IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Private Parking Tickets discussion

Options

Comments

• Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    The prevalence of recent posts outrageously purporting that payment must be made clearly indicates that this forum is working well in informing people of the facts behind Private Parking Companies.
    This site is obviously helping potential victims stand up for their rights. Long may it continue.
    Every post that erroneously purports that payment must be made is a ringing endorsement of success.
    And a compliment to all those that help.
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That is completely wrong. You have to pay.
    Oh oh look the Troll is nearly upto his tenth post, shall we give him a blue peter badge if he makes eleven ? just out of sheer persistance in being a muppet
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • my partner has now had 2 threatning letters from acompany called debt recovery plus .they are threatning court action and a possible ccj.does she still keep ignoring these.she wasnt driving the car.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    As has ben said many times before, there can only be a ccj if they take court action (unlikely) win(even more unlikely) and you don't pay what the court say(virtually impossible) so Yes, keep ignoreing. In the extremely remote possibility they they ever get that far, start a new thread and let the experts help.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • ttwlcd
    ttwlcd Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    im sorry but i need some advise my husband parked at mcdonalds at gatwick on the 4/8/09 at 3.35am we were parked there for 107 mins we have received a parking charge notice from met parking services we ignored the letter now we have received another notice with price increase now £100 im for ignoring the letters but husband worries just would like some advise as to what to do sorry to be a pain thank you
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ttwlcd wrote: »
    im sorry but i need some advise my husband parked at mcdonalds at gatwick on the 4/8/09 at 3.35am we were parked there for 107 mins we have received a parking charge notice from met parking services we ignored the letter now we have received another notice with price increase now £100 im for ignoring the letters but husband worries just would like some advise as to what to do sorry to be a pain thank you
    Just tell your husband to read through all the other private parking threads on here, as has been said squillions of times, ignore, don't pay, it's a scam, nothing will happen. (Apart from a series of increasingly threatening and desperate letters from the ppc)

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • harry68_2
    Options
    I am in dispute with Excel Parking in Stockport. I have never received a ticket and the first demand I had was for £100 - £60 ticket and £40 costs. I am now being hassled by debt collectors for £140. The day in question I bought a ticket but went into a shop to get some change. When I came out and bought a ticket, the inspector was at my car. We had a chat and that was it - no ticket. I have spoken to the company and they have admitted that no ticket has ever been issued. Any advice?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    harry68 wrote: »
    I am in dispute with Excel Parking in Stockport. I have never received a ticket and the first demand I had was for £100 - £60 ticket and £40 costs. I am now being hassled by debt collectors for £140. The day in question I bought a ticket but went into a shop to get some change. When I came out and bought a ticket, the inspector was at my car. We had a chat and that was it - no ticket. I have spoken to the company and they have admitted that no ticket has ever been issued. Any advice?
    Yes, Ignore and please read other threads on the is subject. You will probably receives other letters saying they "might" take you to court etc. But it's all hollow threats because they have no case against you.

And please don't dignify that man's position by calling him an "inspector". He was not some kind of council official, just a low-paid employee of this scamming company.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Just ignore any futher correspondence from them, they don't give up that easy. They will keep trying and only let you go after about 5-6 begging letters. The thing to remember about any ppc
    they lie.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • harry68_2
    Options
    How many letters before they give up?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business