Fantastic Breakdown Policy Deal!!!

I work for Norwich Union Direct who offer a stand alone Breakdown policy called NU Rescue. Although the product is branded as NU's own, it is actually operated and supported by the RAC and is very very good value so long as your car is not very old. The deal is even better because just now there is a promotion running which sees any of the breakdown packages sold at HALF PRICE for the identical level of cover.

To take advantgae of this offer, simply call 0800 096 4704 between 8am and 10pm and quote the reference: CQM1. This is a superb offer and the full package of homestart, roadside and relay with onward travel cost me £28 for a 2000 Peugeot 206. JUts don't forget the reference number!!!

Insert by Martin

The best thing to do is first read the cheapest roadside recovery article then compare the price the code gives you with the cheapest there (which is very cheap).

I have checked this code out with NU and it is legit. It has asked me to inform people that it is only supposed to be for people who already have car insurance with it.

Comments

• BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Thanks very much for this.

I have just got Rescue/Recovery/Home Start & Onward travel for my 2003 Ford SportKA for £23.

Beats anything I have seen.

The normal price on the internet was £41 which I would have taken up anyway as it massively undercuts the opposition.

One of my team members however has tried her 2000 Clio in and it came up on the internet as £80 so not good for everyone.

I'm a happy chappy.

Also 0% for 3 monthly payments + 1 deposit on my 0% purchase Capital One platinum Card.

Ben
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • Thanks v much from me too. I have just wrung NU and quoted the reference and, hey presto, half price!
    I'm sorry but I'm not Mike!
  • pinky8
    pinky8 Posts: 464 Forumite
    Thanks very much for this FAB code !!!

My breakdown cover for the full package of homestart, roadside and relay with onward travel cost me £35.08 for my 1998 ford fiesta Zetec.

This was cheaper than the bog standard breakdown cover.

Thanks again,

pinky8 ;D
    It costs nothing to be nice...:)

Mortgage 01/05/07- £138200.13 (Start of challenge)
    Mortgage 01/07/08- £128868.93

Aiming to Reduce mortgage by £20000 in 3 years :)
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    WOW what luck my renewal for Autonational has arrived today for £57 top wack , just rang NU full cover £29.09 2001 Vectra Diesel :o 8)

Many thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • Thanks insuranceinsider, I got a great deal on my breakdown, only £22 for the full monty.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Their prices seem rather variable ... we have been quoted £102.69 for two cars/two drivers (online) which is supposedly nett of a £5 online discount - so the offline price would be £107.69, 50% of which is £54 approx. With the discount, it's probably worth doing for us, but without it's very expensive. We are currently paying GEM Recovery about £65 pa (last year's renewal charge).

*All the prices above exclude onward travel *

Even worse, that quote is nett of a 30% introductory no claims discount. So their gross prices are even higher!
  • milla
    milla Posts: 298
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks for this !
    Have just spoken to polite, helpful Chris at Norwich Union and am now covered for my Peugeot 106 for £26.41.
    Don't forget to quote the code .
    Without the rain you wouldn't have the rainbows !

I came into this world with nothing and I've still got most of it left!
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Does anyone have an alternative phone number for this offer? I've been trying to get through all day and it's just been engaged. >:(

I really want to sort out my breakdown cover this weekend. :(
  • ;D UNBELIEVABLE DEAL!
    I just saved over £80 through this code - Direct Line wanted £136.50 to renew my cover and I got better cover for under £50 from NU!
    Even the nice guy an NU was amazed at the saving with this code....

THANK YOU for a GREAT saving ;D
    stay lucky!
    Steve.
  • Does anyone have an alternative phone number for this offer?  I've been trying to get through all day and it's just been engaged.  >:(

I really want to sort out my breakdown cover this weekend. :(

The guy from NU who did my cover gave me his number: 0114 282 5447
    Good luck!
    stay lucky!
    Steve.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts