Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty I'm really loving your cards, the images are fab!
    Flourgirl What a fab pink hamper!
    Here's a link to one of the cards I made this morning with my new paper Mania stash! http://helsbelswork.blogspot.com

And here is my best buy of the weekend, I love it, it's a really strong glue, it comes with a refill pack 69p!

DSCF0883.jpg
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone!

thanks so much for putting links/sharing all your amazing ards on here I love seeing them all and sorry I haven't been on for a while so can't do individual thanks

Also wanted to welcome all the newbies, the more the merrier! Means I get more ideas and inspiration from the talented crafters here.

Thank you for setting the green challenge this week too will be working on that one.
  • furrypig
    Options
    Hels where did you get yout bargain glue runner from?? I love using these as it makes card making so quick but they can be quite expensive.
  • furrypig
    Options
    Forgot to ad my very belated entry for the water card challenge I think it would also double as a green card but will make another one for that!!

This was made for MIL's birthday as she likes frogs.

DSC08916.jpg
  • hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    Awh Furrypig your frog card is fab! I think I'm going to buy a pack of the scalloped cards, they look lovely.

I picked the glue up from a shop called Buyology I'm not sure if it's a nationwide shop though, they also had sticky dots and double sided tape in dispensers all 69p, I think I'll go back and stock up, I'd be happy to pick some up for people if it's any use. x
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • furrypig
    Options
    hels102 wrote: »
    Awh Furrypig your frog card is fab! I think I'm going to buy a pack of the scalloped cards, they look lovely.

I picked the glue up from a shop called Buyology I'm not sure if it's a nationwide shop though, they also had sticky dots and double sided tape in dispensers all 69p, I think I'll go back and stock up, I'd be happy to pick some up for people if it's any use. x

Oh thanks Hels that is really sweet I was another one who succumbed to the scallop cards from www.craftworkcards.co.uk when I saw their stand at the nec as the quality and price are really good and have since ordered from them again.

I hae never heard of buyology before definitely a new one on me! Where are you in the country?? I have a theory that all the best bargain shops are not in the South East!! Certainly not many near me in Surrey!
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    Options
    Love your frog card furry :)
    If I remember rightly, the challenge usually ends on a Monday evening, so I'd say you're in time ;)

I've managed to comment on a couple of blogs, so won't repeat myself here :o

So if furry is in time, then I'm probably early - but here's my entry for the 'Green' challenge:
    card005-1.jpg

I'm feeling sorry for myself with a really sore throat and a headache, so I went to my local docraft stockist and bought the Creativity magazine for the free stamps (one of which I've used on this card), and the DCWV papers that I've also used. The butterfly was embossed from a brass stencil onto pink vellum, and I've added some detail with a pink sakura souffle pen.
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • furrypig
    Options
    that card is just beautiful jailhousebabe!! WOW!! I was gonna ask where the butterfly came from as it is so pretty and you made it! how hard was that?? If you can do that when you are unwell I am so impressed as it takes me a huge effort to do anything although it is beginning to get a bit better!!

I am tempted by the creativity mag as I suspect it is worth it for the stamps alone but I am trying to be really good with spending at the moment!! I don't have anywhere local that sells it either but seem to remember that someone posted a link to a free postage one here will have to go and see if I can find it now!!
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks furry :D

The butterfly really was easy to make. I actually embossed it a couple of weeks ago but couldn't decide what to do with it - I cut it out and added the souffle today. I actually bought an embossing stylus today, so hopefully the next one will be even better!

I'm more than happy to emboss a sheet of these if anyone wants them, but it won't be until after my exams!
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All great cards today.
    Im only at the basics but would love to learn how to emboss, can u buy sepetate template or would i need a cuttlebug for this?

This is a card made yesterday as an alternative to the baby grow suit card I already posted yest.

100_0278.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport