Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dragonllew wrote: »
    Just checked and thats what I had downloaded as well have checked on their forum and seems they know about the problem and it will be fixed tomorrow so will have to try again tomorrow sorry.

don't worry - I will try tomorrow then!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having trouble logging into the craftyplace.yuku website........normally I go straight on (kept it in my favourites) but tonight I have to log in and the page keeps freezing so I can't..:confused: Anyone else have that problem or is it just me ??
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    Options
    mary43 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble logging into the craftyplace.yuku website........normally I go straight on (kept it in my favourites) but tonight I have to log in and the page keeps freezing so I can't..:confused: Anyone else have that problem or is it just me ??

I've just got in okay - I've also had no problems viewing furry's water challenge card. :confused:
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    I have actually done an MSE challenge card - my first one in ages!! Its on my blog if anyone fancies a look:
    http://melissa75-melsmess.blogspot.com/
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having problems seeing furry's card on here but no problems with http://craftyplace.yuku.com tonight?

Kim I am with you, I desperately want a better circle cutter. I currently have the Xcut system and templates but the difference between the sizes is stupid, if you are trying to layer something up you end up with huge borders everywhere! :confused: Its fine for individual shapes but not layering as it looks silly IMHO.

So I am now looking to get a Fiskars Circle cutter, as you can cut whatever size circle you want to the millimeter ;)

they have it on Crafts U Love so I was gonna order one this weekend while its free P&P but they are out of stock, grr! Didn't stop me ordering some other stuff from them though :rotfl:
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    lovely card Melissa, I have left you a comment on your blog ;)
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    melissa - super card and what a lovely notebook:T Love the papers you use

Think computer is having a 'senior moment' or maybe I am.............just had problems with this site freezing up on me............:confused:
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    dragonllew wrote: »
    Thanks you should be able to download them once you have registered if you have any problems pm me your email and I will send them to you.

I have been trying to register with this site since you first mentioned it. First time it was succesful and said activation email to follow. Never arrived, so yesterday not to be beaten I tried again, had 3 different attempts as it wouldn't accept username then said no such email address, so had another go and this time it accepted and came back with activation email to follow. Still nothing:confused:
  • Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gemm 85, I had looked at thoese too, but on hobbycraft as ive won a voucher for them. Tho I do not have a shop near me and they were to get intouch with how i could spend my voucher but havent yet :(

Can you cut circles in a cuttlebug?:confused:
  • princesspoppypop
    princesspoppypop Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2009 at 10:41PM
    Options
    Here is my make from today. Its a gift card for my sisters boyfriend. I`m going to put his birthday money in the little envelope and add some choccie treats! I only had twix fingers in but wanted to show peeps the basic idea for the photo. I plan to get some chew bars and curly wurlys to pop in as he likes them.

Each layer is a pocket that can hold something, on my card I have slotted in the mini envelope to the front pocket and the twix in the back pocket. Anything could be used though- tickets for a concert/theatre trip could be slotted in, a gift card/voucher, a pamper voucher and a sachet of face mask etc.

002-8.jpg?t=1241464359

Poppy x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family