March 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• I am so :mad: with Mr A delivery, I was out when it arrived and when we unpacked it we found that the main reason for the order (breakfast cereal) was totally missing :mad: I phoned customer services who were rude and just told me they would refund, when I asked if they could phone the van to see if they could drop it round all they said was they would call the store and hung up on me :mad: So I got no cereal which is why I did the flaming order so I will have to go out and get some, this is they second time Mr A have done this and each time the after service was poor so I am not using them anymore! I will update sig later when I have worked out how much it comes to including refund and buying the stuff from Mr T!

Hope everyone has a nice day and not too affected by the snow ;)
    Hi, I can sympathsis, re Mr A delivery my last 2 online shops left a lot to be desired. The former he managed to mix my shop up with someone elses:eek:. Luckily I knew and gave him them back and he found mine. The latest he delivered half, then went off with all my chilled and frozen stuff. They didn't bring them back till 735pm. (first half came at 1035am):mad: . So despite not being able to drive yet I have said never again. I will just shop in town with a list.
    Grocery challenge june £300/ £211-50.
    Grocery challenge july £300/£134-85.
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,613
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    aldi have there 6 things back for 69p...grapes mushrooms plums apples sorry cant remember other 2 but they all looked nice today
    salad potatoes were there. think the other was oranges :confused:

none of them are anything we use except the mushrooms, and I normally stock up on them in Whoopsie for less than 69p a tub. Back in January a friend picked my up a huuuuuge tub for a couple of quid from her local market, and I'm still working through them (froze most of them - some whole, some sliced, some chopped)
    Cheryl
  • GC81
    GC81 Posts: 156 Forumite
    I'm back from shopping my first real spend into my March challenge. I wanted to hold off until sunday but with the use of the courtesy car and only 1 dd in tow I've done it today.
    £36.00 in Icelands, £5.56 in Wilko's (yeah found stardrops!) and £15.03 in Tesco.
    So total today of £56.59
    I wanted to get it to £50 but brought some whoopsied toilet rolls, co-co pops and other bits so that's ok as they would be things I wanted next shop anyway.
    Havent got an excuse for the toffee cheesecake though ;)
    Hopefully apart from the milk/veg I dont want to go again until next sunday. Fingers crossed :)

March's running total so far is £58.01 / £200 with 22days left for me.
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i need some help to find a cake tin...i want to make little loaf shape cakes for ds lunches..loafes 1 inch wide and 2 inches long ish if anyone knows where i can get one please let me know...thanx

do a search on ebay for 'mini loaf tins' - there are several types and sizes for sale.

there's also a 'mini loaf pan tray' here ;)

procrastinator - sending positive thoughts your way; hang in there! I found the GC was such a help when I had a bad day, and there's so much support on here :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • I went shopping last night to Asda & spent £4.22 not bad for my first shop of the month!
    I bought 2 for £1 sharwoods naan bread mixes(these will make 5 naans a packet) warburtons granary bread mix on offer 39p, 3x2 litre dilute juice £2.50 & some naplina olive oil which is on special offer for 500ml for £2.
    I also got a few other bits & because me & my other half share the basic shopping items but budget seperately so it came to £8.45/2= £4.22 each

This means I've got £80 - £4.22 = £75.78 left for the month
    Plus I wont need to go shopping until the weekend now GO ME! :T
    GC march £80 budget/£1.67 left
    GC April £80 budget/£54.50 left

was 10st 4lb 20th march 2009 now 9st 12lb
    :j Owner of 4 Michael Jackson tickets for 1st feb 2010!
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Hi elizabunny - the Oxtail Stew was delicious, everyone enjoyed it and this afternoon I plan to turn the leftovers into a nice Soup. Shall definitely make it again. I haven't tried Brisket, I'm still trying to get used to the Butchers and the different cuts of meat available and still getting used to the SC as not had it long but shall look into that on next visit. Many thanks.;)

Dinner tonight will be Oxtail Soup and then Fish, HM Chips and mushy peas.:cool: No pudding planned but there are some slices of Weetabix Brownies left so should keep everyone happy.:D

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.;)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just made some yummy red pepper, carrot & lentil soup........this makes enough for 4 portions:

1. carrot (medium)- chopped
    2. red (or orange) pepper- chopped.
    3. good handful washed red lentils.
    4. stock cube and water (or HM stock if you have some)
    5. seasoning.
    6. half an onion- chopped.

Fry onion off in olive oil til softened, add the carrots, peppers and lentils. Stir round well and add stock. Bring to gentle boil, then simmer on medium for approx 3/4 hour. Once all veg softened blend together to make smooth. Serve with crusty bread, and a swirl of cream in if you are feeling decadent (or have some leftover!).
    hth someone.
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• turfy6
    turfy6 Posts: 1,479
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, Not joined in before but would like to give it a go. Always try to spend as little as poss, so Im going to begin with €330 for the first go thats for me DH, DS x2 and DD one dog one cat and 10 hens. Well good luck to everyone:T
    Visa £[STRIKE]5063 [/STRIKE]now 0. Loan 1 €[STRIKE]4885[/STRIKE] now 0. Loan 2 €29,590 now €0 as of 22/02/2016 Mgage €55000/ €23,639 at 01/02/18
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW Nerd 1209 Keep on keeping on folks DFD FEB 2016 MGE FREE 2024 (hopefully earlier)
  • jessie18
    jessie18 Posts: 68
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi everyone, im sorry for being a bit late this month, could i be put down for £230 for March please. Just been to the farm shop and bought all my meat and vegetables, i was really pleased with the prices and quality, so im hoping to get off to a good start. Definitely going to have a good try anyway. Hope everyones doing o.k, will update later :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge no. 092
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Just thought i'd post the aldi's veg / fruit offers up for you all.

Aldi super six:- all for 69p

Mushrooms 350g
    red grapes 500g
    plums 500g
    oranges 6 pack
    salad potatoes 1kilo
    red apples 6 pack

Its everything we eat so will be buying these tomorrow or tonight no doubt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure