Packed Lunch for work

Comments

• Lazy_Ike
    Lazy_Ike Posts: 185 Forumite
    ti1980 wrote:
    I definitely need to get some toastabags,
    How much do they cost?
    Find them on Ebay much lower cost than Lakeland etc. Just put toastabag into search box. Reusable quite a few times, although I never managed to get the 100 they claim. If using in narrow slot toaster, sometimes get holes in the bags. and do not let them touch each other when hot, as they stick and pulling apart also causes holes. Still use mine with holes just, not with anything too liquid as a filling.
    [FONT=&quot]si talia jungere possis sit tibi scire satis [/FONT]
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Not bought anything off Ebay for a while now, looks like it is time to again. I didn't think of Ebay at all, thanks for that. :)
  • don't forget jml either - they appear to be even cheaper!!
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • 1. can you leave a box of cereal or loaf of bread in work and then use it throughout week. if it's likely to get knicked (it happens) put it in container in draw.
    2. why don't you make packed lunch the night before and pop the sandwich box in fridge- so you just put in your bag in the morning. like you i have little time in the morning. you shouldn't skip breakfast particularly if trying to lose weight- you just end up snacking & it affects metabolism- is that correct?
    3. usual sandwiches, fruit, yoghart, crisps, nuts, dried fruit, biscuits, crackers and cheese, salad, orange juice etc etc. eat in moderation- don't deprive yourself. raw vegetables.
    4. what do you call those wrap things in which you can put virtually anything- salad, mixed vegetables etc.
    5. lots of ready made meals cost from 70p to £1 and can be put into microwave
    6. buy cheap pasties, cup a soup, jacket potatoes, small tins of rice pudding.
  • kit
    kit Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    6. buy cheap pasties, cup a soup, jacket potatoe, small tins of rice pudding.

On a Monday I send my OH to work with some Tesco value sausage rolls, quiche, pies etc which he keeps in the fridge at work for the week. He also keeps couscous, oats and cup-a-soups for just in case I forget to get him stuff or if he eats it all!!
    2012 wins approx £11,000 including 5k to spend on a holiday :j
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    I bring in some porridge if I'm on an early shift, along with a sarnie and some fruit.

But I shall also be bringing in some HM turkey soup, frozen from last week.
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jenk wrote:
    If I make pasta the night before and put in a basic tom sauce, if I microwave it the next day will it heat through ok or will it go hard?
    It will heat through just fine :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • kit
    kit Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    For those of you that may want some toaster bag thingies.... I seen some in Morrisons today for £1.99. They were hung up in the bread aisle.
    2012 wins approx £11,000 including 5k to spend on a holiday :j
  • Hello guys. I have a challenge for you, I desperately need to cut back on what I am spending on lunches for work.

I am vegetarian, not supposed to eat wheat or anything that is high in carbs that aren't complex - as it sends me to sleep (Making sarnies is so cheap aswell :( and I love bread ) and would rather not have salad every day. Everything seems to cost a fortune!

Anyone got any idea on what I can make and bring in to work with me?

I tried just making too much dinner the night before and saving it - but it didn't taste that nice the next day :(

Thanks in advance

Marianne
  • Mumstheword
    Mumstheword Posts: 3,760
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Aaaw, it's a shame your dinner didnt taste too good the next day. I make extra and freeze portions, with everything there, the roast, veggies, gravy, stuffing, the lot. DH takes them to work, and has a pick of various meals we've had over the past week or two. Once the smell starts wafting from the microwave, he is the envy of his work mates!
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure