July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    hi guys,

does anyone know if mr m or mr a will be doing 50p specials this weekend? or was that a one off?
    Dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • Herbaholic
    Herbaholic Posts: 304
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    IanWebooks wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for spotting the missing text after the "method". Just to let you know that this is currently being rectified.

In response to another poster - yes - we are very much genuine!

Thanks again.

Ian
    webooks

Afternoon all, hugs to everyone, nice post from the webooks site, nice to see and it means we'll get access to the book for free. Its now been 3 weeks since I bought anything from Amazon, so any reason to not buy books is very much appreciated :T

Felinefantastic - Hope your Mum gets better soon, sure she will do with you looking after her :)

KAAT_LADY - Loving the graphics your posting, they do add some cheer to the day, can you believe not so long ago you had problems posting images :)

ifonlyitwaseasier - Hope you feel better soon, my throat felt iffy this morning and I sneezed a couple of times, so I hit the elderberry rob. Made loads of it last autumn, and it really helps make short work of a cold, tastes yummy to, especially with an extra drop of brandy. I'll post the recipe when the elderberries are out in a couple of months if anyone is interested and they remind me lol!

Special hugs to herewegoagain and mandy_moo hope you both feel better soon.

Today will be my 3rd NSD, having left over roast beef with all the trimmings for tea, a diversion from my meal plan again, but we have everything in and its what I fancy. Just finishing my coffee break with one of the double choc muffins I made yesterday, of all the muffins I've made these are to die for, they've come out moist and yummy, some of the previous ones have been a little on the dry side. DH just phoned from work, he'd taken two with him to work, one for him and one for his colleague, he'd eaten them both and wondered if he could take 3 tomorrow lol! I actually have some work to do today for a change, but I think I may need a baking fix, coupled with the evening knitting fix I'm finding it helps me feel more in control of things and my time and I love the end results :) Will pop in again later, have a good one everyone :)
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ;); Jun 21/14 :T; May : 6/6 :D
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 :cool:; Jun £278.86/£275.00 :mad:; May £276.13/£280.00 :T
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OrkneyStar's adapted Pineapple Salsa

(in brackets is what the original version had in, if nothing in brackets then its the same)
    • 1 cup finely chopped pineapple from can 'in own juice' (fresh pineapple)
    • 3 tbsp finely chopped purple onion (2 tbsp each of finely chopped purple and green onion)
    • 1 tbsp finely chopped red pepper
    • 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
    • 1 tbsp honey
    • 1/4-1/2 tbsp chilli powder (dash cayenne and 2 tsp finely minced jalapeno pepper)
    • juice of fresh lemon (juice of fresh lime)
    • 1/4 tsp black pepper.
    Combine everything well, cover (I put in a plastic tub with lid and gave it a good shake to mix) and leave to refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
    Makes 1-1&1/2 cups. Serve with fish, chicken, pork, or in my case beef and bean enchiladas!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Herbaholic
    Forumite
    Thanks for the salsa recipe Orkneystar, have a huge tin of pineapple that will be opening for sweet n sour tomorrow, I can make the relish with half the can and add it to my cucumber & onion 'instant' relish to serve with the curry night stuff on Saturday :T
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 :cool:; Jun £278.86/£275.00 :mad:; May £276.13/£280.00 :T
  • Herbaholic wrote: »
    but I think I may need a baking fix, coupled with the evening knitting fix I'm finding it helps me feel more in control of things and my time and I love the end results :)

Thanks Herbaholic-- and are you me? because that sounds like one of my best days!! :j My nephew keeps coming in and sniffing and tutting and saying 'Baking again? No room in the freezer you know!' :cool:
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • mummygems
    mummygems Posts: 359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Does anyone have a "recipe" for making their own facial toner? I have just used the last of mine and thought I would check on here as I know lots of people make their own soap, powders, deodrant etc. I have sensitive skin so the cheap shop ones dont usually agree with me.

Thank you.
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • OrkneyStar
    Forumite
    Herbaholic wrote: »
    I actually have some work to do today for a change, but I think I may need a baking fix, coupled with the evening knitting fix I'm finding it helps me feel more in control of things and my time and I love the end results :) Will pop in again later, have a good one everyone :)
    I too find both knitting and baking very therapeutic- making an aran cardi for DS right now, complicated pattern to start with but fine once you get into it. Need some inspiration baking wise today- tea/fruit loaf maybe although not sure :rolleyes: Am a bit out of sorts today as did not wake til 9.30- normally up about 7 ish at the latest! Where has the morning gone ?!! :eek:
    :wave:

• OrkneyStar
    Forumite
    mummygems wrote: »
    Does anyone have a "recipe" for making their own facial toner? I have just used the last of mine and thought I would check on here as I know lots of people make their own soap, powders, deodrant etc. I have sensitive skin so the cheap shop ones dont usually agree with me.

Thank you.
    Have you tried the health and beauty board ? Just a thought.
    :wave:

• *BigBird*
    *BigBird* Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    teacakes in the BM

Ooo, thanks ever so much for posting this recipe - I absolutely love teacakes :drool:

Would these freeze OK? Have got to try them, but having a batch of yummy HM teacakes in the house will be disastrous for my diet!!
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • Herbaholic
    Forumite
    mummygems wrote: »

Thank you.

Don't ask how I know that these facial toner recipes are good I just do ;)

Herby
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure