fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.

Options

Comments

• robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Options
    Happy New Year to any followers! Finally made it back after a hectic Christmas and New Year. Christmas was nice but were surrounded by illness and trauma(fortunately not us directly) which continued until last week:eek:It seems it was decreed somewhere that any problem I can sort out!

Finally got the house cleared, cleaned and sorted out post Christmas and now feel up to facing this years challenges.

Off for a small potter in the garden before lunch and then work on monthly plans.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
    £2 saving plan:-
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you are ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Day off today and weekly housework blitz done. It's freezing today and having just had workmen fitting a new aerial and satalite feed its only just warmer indoors than out:eek:Have now shut all the doors and put back up heating on to get back to at least 18 degrees.

Good news we got our electricity statement yesterday and we are £121.00 in credit and our DD has been reduced by £7.00 a month,proof that being frugal does help.

Financial:
    Solvent but a bit tight for a few weeks. I owe OH £97.00 but that's the only thing I owe. Soon get back on the straight and narrow.
    House:
    All tidy and cleaned post Christmas. Chasing the HA to find out when our replacement kitchen and heating is happening - was promised before the end of financial year but can't see that happening:eek:at present they are reluctant/not interested in even returning our calls:eek:
    Garden:
    First seeds sown and in propagator - chillis, leeks and a coffee bean plant and pheasant eyes(annual flower). Carrotts sown in growbag in greenhouse.
    Small bit of weeding and tidying also achieved.
    Health and Wellbeing:
    Got to make dentist appointment for check up. Starting on smoking reduction next week.:eek:
    Knowledge and Learning
    Have taught myself a basic understandng of spreadsheets and am hoping to use them to keep a watchful eye on the budget.
    Read 2 different style books and am enjoying that challenge of expanding my reading.
    Creative:
    Having worked out why my blocks for patchwork quilt were not working am going to try again and start a quilt.
    Still to do this week:
    2 weeks of menu plans
    Ironing
    Seems to be a good start to the year.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • beanielou
    Options
    So & see your local council manny/wifie as they should be able to help re kitchen.
    As you say though a good start to the year :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• robsmum_2
    Options
    Done BIL's cleaning today so that's £20.00 extra earnt:jHave also managed to work out how to do the block for the quilt and managed 1 but at this rate it will take me 20 years to do a quilt!

Going to have a few 15 minute bursts now and get ironing done, swish and wipe of main areas and bit of tidying for weekend. Suffering a bit with a dose of CBA:eek:
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Day off today and still suffering witrh a dose of CBA! Haven't yet done the weekly housework blitz, only the kitchen so far:eek:

Financial:
    Still tight but paid OH £20 so that is a bit less I owe him and won £5 on the lottery (that will go into my savings pot when I cash it in).

House:
    A bit untidy ans needs a quick blitz.

Garden:
    1st seedlings are beginning to germinate:jneed to get them out of propagator and into greenhouse.

Health and Wellbeing:
    Dental appointment made. Not started on smoking reduction.:eek:
    Creative:
    Have made another block for quilt and have now run out of 1 lot of fabric.got 2 more cut out so can do them before I have to spend anymore money.
    First preserves of the year made: mango chutney,caramalized onion chutney and orange and lemon marmalade.
    Knowledge and Learning:
    Still reading different books. Attended another parish council meeting, very informative.

Off now to do a very quick blitz and try to rid myself of CBA

Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • beanielou
    Options
    Think the CBA is the time of year.
    Keep plodding.

• robsmum_2
    Options
    Been a rough week or so. BIL has needed a lot of support emotionally and practicaly due to having his old car written off. Fortunately he wasn't hurt just very frustrated.
    After 10 days of searching the internet and the local area he at last found a car yesterday and collects it tonight. That problem is now solved.

Finally got an answer from the HA regarding our kitchen and heaters - as I thought it is now going to be during the next finacial year and not this one as promised:eek:I am very frustrated as we had put everything on hold, so now are going to re-plan. I have put in a formal complaint but don't think it will make much difference.

Have decided to go over the entire house at the weekend armed with a note book and see what needs/wants doing and tackle it from there.

Work have the builders in - the start of a big messy project which has made that quite difficult also. Boss lady expects the house to be maintained as normal whilst building work takes place:eek:

So now writting this week off and starting afresh at the weekend:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I will not be beaten by these challenges.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • beanielou
    Options
    Keep plodding!

• robsmum_2
    Options
    New week and supposed fresh start! Friday went to town for dental appointment, bits of shopping in town and then on to Tesco's for monthly store cupboard shop.
    Started well took books to 2nd book sellers and made £2.50, those that wern't suitable off to charity shop. Then found 2 silk lampshades of exactly right style and size for my conservatory at £6:jbought those and a charity has benefited.
    Dental appointment was for check up and ended up having a tooth out:eek:a bit shocked did rest of town shop.
    Tesco's shop no problem but no bargains.

Saturday, OH and I go off and do usual fortnightly shop and come in on budget.
    Saturday afternoon do major clean and sort of conservatory- half a bag of rubbish and 1 item to hopefully sell.
    Saturday evening start cooking dinner and Bang down I go with the 24hour lurgy. No warning just being violently sick:eek:
    Sunday, did nothing all day and ate very little but by bed time felt much better.

Today, got up for work feeling fine but very fragile so phoned in sick- so this week I'll be £28 down, but am not too stressed by it (yet).
    Have got monthly paperwork and ironing done and so am just going to potter today.Playing some CD's I unearthed in conservatory and so far they are all going to charity shop - it's amazing how much clutter we hang on to!
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills