Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Options

Comments

• Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Ailsb wrote: »
    Caroline - you made me smile this morning call ing your little one a rugrat - I haven't heard this phrase for ages. Hope he's a little better today, for some reason I can't see your photo although from what others have said this may be a good thing :D

Sweatcarer - don't feel awful these things happen and you did all you could to make sure it got through the post. I'm sure it will arrive today.

I remembered last night that I am supposed to be stitching a small meerkat card from my boss for his Christmas card so managed to get a bit of that done. apart from that no stitching from me.

I had my flu jab on Tuesday and haven't felt right since - what a wimp :rotfl:Can't shift my headache even took a migraine tablet yesterday which got rid of it for a couple of hours but it came back. Also had a very sore throat yesterday thought it was all psychological but when I looked it was all yellow and I have an infection so at least I know why my head hurts. Going to try to get a doctors appointment as too busy to be ill and think I will need antibiotics to clear this one. Forgot to say I'm allergic to penicillin as well so erythromycon here I come.

Have a good day everyone.

Hope you feel better soon. I didn't realise being allergic to penicillin was so common.

Sweetcarer-you couldn't have done much else to ensure your card got there. It was sent recorded, so unless you hand delivered it, what else could you have done?
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad: I have one very grumpy and sore cat this morning. He got into a fight in our kitchen with the cat that keeps thinking our house is his second home. They must have fought in the kitchen as there is fur everywhere ! I thought it funny that I wasn't woken for breakfast as is the norm with our cat. He was instead asleep at the end of our bed.

I have tried to see if he is injured at all, nothing in the usual places but he does have a sore paw and he won't let me touch it without giving me hell. I think he has a claw from the other cat in it. :eek: I've tried to remove it but he won't let me and he is getting stressed and upset so I will leave him for now and hopefully I can do cat first aid later. :mad: Its not easy for us to get him to the vets otherwise I would take him and he is only a little cat so struggles to stand his own ground sometimes although gives it a damn good go.

So apart from that stressing me out this morning, I'm planning on doing some more row of cats at some point today/over the weekend. Also to see if there are any other projects I want to get stitched up. I had all these fine plans for different stitches and none have materialised. Either they are half finished/almost finished/or not started at all!

Aw...poor kitty. Hugs from myself & Blossom.
    tricksie wrote: »
    David Bowie finished, so as soon as I find a suitable frame will post picture. I also have an Aladdin Sane chart to do!

Yes the Greek scene is now my only UFO. Have a box full of unopened kits, and a lever arch file full of magazine charts on my to-do list but only count things I've started as UFO's

DH on 2-10 all next week so should get loads of stitching done. Get home from work about 5.30, something on toast for tea and then stitch uninterrupted until bedtime :):):)

Well done! :T
    That's exactly what a UFO is (in the stitching world, anyway), but you've doing soooo much better than me. I have lots of UFOs as well as all my unopened kits & charts.

Just got home from my stitching/knitting groups Xmas meal. Am now stuffed and sleepy. Film & nap this afternoon? Hope my heating comes on soon. It's freezing!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Girls

Meant to say thank you earlier re: comments on my boss. I just panic if I make a complaint she will make my life harder as she watches me from afar and I am so scared I might lose my job.

Well went on royal mail website just now and got this message -

Your item with reference #### was delivered from our CARRICK Delivery Office on 07/12/12 .
    Thank you for using this service.

So I assume it is there but have no word - I know the person is busy.

Well its the weekend, waiting on hubby coming home, he is doing me a wee errand - getting a couple of extra copies of WOXS for people on Facebook who can't get them - its the one with the free Joan Elliott diary. I am sending one to the Phillapenes and one to the States. That is if he can get them.

Will try and finish purple work soon - one of the guys at work has hinted its ages since I done any millionaire shortbread for them all - so guess I am baking too.

Kind wishes to all

sweetcarer ;)
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    sk00bie1 wrote: »
    I've just read back and the original plan was to post pictures on the 7th (tomorrow). I don't suppose it matters doing it one day later?

I'm dying to see everyones cards though :rotfl:

My 2013 stitching plan looks like this;

1) Do Snowflake Sonata, Be Jolly & the decorations I haven't yet finished as I've had the threads/kits etc sitting around for ages and they are bugging me!

2) Do the patchwork horse design as a birth sampler for my friend (one of my bridesmaids :eek:) who's due in May.

3) Start a HAED, likely Winged Companions although I'll probably change my mind. Am not going to buy any more though (I've got 5! :rotfl:) until I at least start one.

4) Had a thought that I want to do this for our wedding in April, so I'd better put it down! I don't know though, is it bad form to do a sampler for your own wedding?

After these are done I'm just going to keep working though 'The List'

Am so glad your card arrived F_E, was starting to worry I hadn't weighed it right :o Am glad you like it too, after I'd stitched it I saw you post that they were your favourite subject so I mentally high-fived myself at my choice of design :beer:

Don't think my angel is going to be done for 12.12.12, but I suppose you never know, I might pull my finger out and get everything done really fast :A
    I love the design you have chosen and no I don't see anything wrong with stitching your own sampler. I think lots of people do this. The design I stitched with our wedding date on was also white thread on raw linen :). It was done long after the event though
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Ruth_honey wrote: »
    Ok, own up who's off to look at *Louise*s photo to try and spot the mistake??? ;)
    I know it's annoying to find a mistake, but rather now than after its been framed.

Edited to add: I think I've found it. In the bottom right corner, the loop isn't quite the same as the others. Is that it? It's like a puzzle! It took me a few minutes to spot & I didn't notice before, so well done, Shelly. I think I was just amazed at how nicely you've incorporated the names into the border that I didn't notice. It shouldn't take you long to fix, though, should it? Enjoy your weekend away, too. :)

Yep that's it :rotfl:

I only have to unpick bout 10 stitches and make the loop a bit bigger so 15 mins and it will be sorted :)

caroline78 wrote: »

Is Monday okay for the big reveal for everyone...Hopefully everyone will have received by then...xx

Monday suits me just fine - might try and pop on over the weekend, but it will be quickly during breaks, and the wi-fi is very patchy

Can't wait to see all the pics :D:T
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    will do my best to get one of the kids to post a piccy of chickys card on monday, hoping the puter is behaving then if not it will be via lappy if DS can get a photo loaded onto this

have a good weekend all and stay warm
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    i'm sorrrry mrs-m. it completly slippped my mind to do it until after i posted.

hmmmm do I do a stash/ stitch/ ufo inventory and plan or stitch some dinosaur ABC - i guess if I stitch dino it'll be one less thing to put on the inventory :rotfl:

I MUST do my inventory before the end of the year tho as I want to do a calnder from Jan 1st. Might do it tomorrow the boys can 'help'
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow Louise - great craft fayre earnings there. DId you take pictures of your 'stall'? Hoping to do another one in the New Year and make more than £4 (not bad when the stall cost me £15 in the first place!?!?!)

Looking forward to seeing all the pics of the card exchange. Sounds like you've all put some real effort into the finished items.

On the stitchy front, I have 2 completed coasters and 3 more part finished ones so should be OK for the Christmas table. ALso nearly finished Jemima for Mum but wish I'd worked from the side of the chart that shows the backstitch because I would have used part-stitches as I am not keen on stitches showing outside backstitch but it won't be hanging on my wall when it's finished but I know I will look critically at it every time I visit my Mums!!

Regards

Emma
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
  • caroline78
    Options
    Everyone has now received their cards except for Ruth-honey, which was my fault...well I am blaming hubby for giving me the wrong address...however it should be with her soon.

I think we should hang on until she had received hers and then do the reveal...is this okay with everyone else..

Oh, and I love my card, thinking of making it into a wee decoration to use every year....xx
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I didn't manage any stitching yesterday as we ended up going out for the day and by the time we arrived home and cooked tea, it was time to catch up on masterchef.

We still have a sore and grumpy cat so we are making the trek to the vets this morning just to get him checked out. Hopefully a shot of bug busting what not will make him feel better.

Then I may brave the shops or I may shut the door on the world and do some stitching :T

Hope everyone has a lovely day planned.
  • caroline78
    Options
    Haven't slept a wink all night. Picked up my afghan at about midnight for the first in a long time, and thought I would just do a bit, next time I seen the time was 6am...lol

Was meant to be going into Belfast today but there is a big protest about the flag so think I will give it a miss, probably have a lazy day and maybe wrap some presents...

Well, back to some more stitching before rugrat wakens...xx
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family