Daligas

Options

Comments

• gasdancer
    Options
    Has anyone been with Green Star for a while ??
  • bubieyehyeh
    Options
    Santander 123 current account now have added daligas as elibgible for 2% cashback, not showing on their cashbacker checker last time I checked but paid correctly this month.
  • oldgit1950
    Options
    Changed from Scottish Power before fixed deal ended at end of March to Daligas. Switch went very smoothly kept well informed by Daligas, direct debit reminder advised by email every month, no problems with Daligas so far which is more than can be said for Scottish Power who took me off dual fuel fixed deal following them changing electric meter on 9th November last year. took me 6 weeks and several emails and phone calls ( long wait or call back after an hour ) to get them to put me back on the fixed deal tariff. Not had a electric bill from them since October despite numerous emails and phone calls repeatedly giving them new meter details, closing and opening readings. Changed to Npower for electric on 4th April who say they have sent Scottish Power the opening reading twice. Got email from Scottish Power yesterday asking for new meter msn and closing and opening reads from November meter exchange! Funny my gas account is finalised and I am £326: 29p in credit but they refuse to base electric billing on my opening read supplied to Npower and refund balance while keeping account active till Npower send them the read again! I am looking at changing electric to similar small company like Daligas maybe Flow Energy as its showing a further £26 saving over Npower once the Npower -Scottish Power mess is sorted out! Beware the Big 6?
  • IggyB
    IggyB Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Transferred to them in January this year. Switch took less than 4 weeks and went smoothly on their side.

If only I could say the same about the company I left....RWE Npower....hopeless. Six months later and they still haven't managed to get a correct final bill out.

BTW make sure you know how much gas you use in a year when you apply so your monthly DD is accurate from the off. I don't think they automatically review/adjust it every 6 months like some suppliers. You can request they do so but I haven't needed to yet as usage is in line with payments so far.
  • sweetheartno2
    Options
    Been with Daligas for a few months, direct debit and prices came back cheaper and an online account. Service is rubbish, you have to fill the form in to send meter readings, you also need your customer number and meter number too. They acknowledge the meter reading but do not let you know your balance. You are unable to access an account online to monitor usage as they don't have that facility and payments, so guessing got to wait for a big bill . The Freephone number is always busy and goes to answer machine. So left in limbo
  • ianpics
    Options
    Absolutely furious with Daligas ... found we were over 200 in credit in Nov and asked for it back, They reluctantly refunded after being threatened with the Energy rules where they must refund credit.
    Ok finally sorted .... or so we thought...
    Because of this issue we started to switch to Ovo who we have our other supply with. This was completed on Feb 9th 2015
    Our contract (12 month) was due to finish on the 19th of Feb so the final bill would/should be sent then ... NO FINAL BILL obviously there has to be an agreement due to the switch between Dali and Ovo
    In the meantime ... 26th of Feb a letter from a debt collection agency with a bill for an estimated amount due to 'YOUR' numerous refusals to deal with the matter ... etc etc brought threats to go to court, enter the property to cut the supply off etc etc,

ERR NO ...... send us the final AGREED bill with Ovo and WE WILL PAY!!!!
    so contacte dthe debt collection agency Face 2 face contact who cancelled the request and sent it back to Daligas due to the fact that they hadnt been given the full information ....
    Contacted Ofgen ... made a complaint that is being taken seriously ....
    Thought it was being dealt with .... TODAY 6/3/2015 a VISIT from a debt collector who didnt give his name, would say who he was working for (had a letter from Face 2 face in his hand) turned up on the doorstep ...

ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL ...
    Surely this amounts to demanding money with menaces, threats to enter the property to cut of the supply (even though they are not our supplier) all in the space of less than a month and without a final agreed bill ....
    Complaint escalated, Police called .. DO NOT TOUCH THIS BUNCH OF IDIOTS AND BULLIES!
    Good job I'm not easily scared!
    Daligas = bad energy supplier
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ianpics wrote: »
    Absolutely furious with Daligas ... found we were over 200 in credit in Nov and asked for it back, They reluctantly refunded after being threatened with the Energy rules where they must refund credit.
    Ok finally sorted .... or so we thought...
    Because of this issue we started to switch to Ovo who we have our other supply with. This was completed on Feb 9th 2015
    Our contract (12 month) was due to finish on the 19th of Feb so the final bill would/should be sent then ... NO FINAL BILL obviously there has to be an agreement due to the switch between Dali and Ovo
    In the meantime ... 26th of Feb a letter from a debt collection agency with a bill for an estimated amount due to 'YOUR' numerous refusals to deal with the matter ... etc etc brought threats to go to court, enter the property to cut the supply off etc etc,

ERR NO ...... send us the final AGREED bill with Ovo and WE WILL PAY!!!!
    so contacte dthe debt collection agency Face 2 face contact who cancelled the request and sent it back to Daligas due to the fact that they hadnt been given the full information ....
    Contacted Ofgen ... made a complaint that is being taken seriously ....
    Thought it was being dealt with .... TODAY 6/3/2015 a VISIT from a debt collector who didnt give his name, would say who he was working for (had a letter from Face 2 face in his hand) turned up on the doorstep ...

ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL ...
    Surely this amounts to demanding money with menaces, threats to enter the property to cut of the supply (even though they are not our supplier) all in the space of less than a month and without a final agreed bill ....
    Complaint escalated, Police called .. DO NOT TOUCH THIS BUNCH OF IDIOTS AND BULLIES!
    Good job I'm not easily scared!
    Daligas = bad energy supplier

I am in cooling off period with this company and based on your experience have decided to stay clear. Small is not ways better.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No suppliers left now as they have all been slagged off on MSE forums .
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 March 2015 at 5:14PM
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    No suppliers left now as they have all been slagged off on MSE forums .
    Not seen any bad comments about Zog yet, second after Daligas for cheap gas, so it looks like there is still one left out there ;)
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had to chase for weeks to get my settlement statement after a year. The statement had an small error in their favour, which I reported to them, they agreed it was wrong, after 5 weeks still not received a corrected bill.

I like their fixed dd amount for a year and then settlement process, however it doesn't seem to work well in practice....

They are no longer the cheapest for me, but their only £10pa more expensive. However if they don't sort out their admin soon, I'll be looking to leave.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure