The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 2!!!

Options

Comments

• loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done lemon tree! Wish I had ppi to reclaim. I had loans when I was younger but I was good and took the ppi off!

I am SOOOO bored today. Trying to do an assignment for my open uni course. Have you ever been so bored that you can't be bothered to do some important things? :rotfl: Maybe that's just my weird personality? :p

Looking forward to a yummy lamb roast later tho :D
    In debt no more!
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I'm very proud of myself today! I only spent £6 on a pair of leggings (my bracelet caught in my last ones and put a hole it in!). My mum spent a lot on new clothes though...oops! Then my youngest sister called to see if we'd go with her to test drive a new car. We were there about 1.5hrs and when he was telling us the prices, all I could think was how much I could it by buying a second hand car with finance from a credit card or bank loan. It also made me very thankful that I'd now paid off my car loan so that I don't have this big amount of money each month coming out of my salary.

What I was really surprised at was that nothing could have made me sign for a new car. Normally I'd have been really jealous and trying to think of any way to get one myself. Now I just felt relief that it wasn't me taking on all that debt. What a change!

oh and me and my mum have just been to Tesc0's and I let her pay so that's all my lunches this week paid for! xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • lemonpopsicle
    Options
    Well paid a tiny little £15 to cc from ebay sales so totals now
    No 069 £2973 / £7719

But more importantly had a fab day on Skrinkle beach with the fam, we had it all to ourselves, didn't see another person! We had a fire and sausages so was cheap too :D:D:D
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Any keen veg growers, there's a 25% T&M until midnight tonight, although the site is going really slowly grrr. Order code: WSE3SEE
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Superheavy
    Superheavy Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    Another small payment into the savings account and a Direct Debit gone through for my credit card, so a quick update on my totals. This'll be the last one until payday now.

#123 - 2288 / 10762
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
  • Canucksfan
    Canucksfan Posts: 169 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ooh love the carrier bag holder Kerri. How long did it take to make? Why don't you make up a few of them and sell them on Etsy or EBay ?
    After last weeks big spend I did overtime on top of my usual overtime and boy, have I over stretched myself-I can't move from the bed now...not much good to anyone. I keep thinking I'm still 18 yrs old but me body and emotional state soon set me straight on that!!! Still the skiing was worth it...
    I was just admiring the new Debt Free roll of Honour. I want my name in sparkles up next to Ruby's! Her name looks a bit lonely up there on its own...who is going to be the second DFBX12 winner? :T
    This week I have been reading some of the financial blogs to try and spur myself on. TBH a lot of them seem to be just carrying links to other fin blogs.... This site still does the best job of spurring me on!:)
    Canucksfan #249 Another $600 saved - $4100/17418.95
    'You've got to tell your money what to do or it will leave!' Dave Ramsey
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    Thank you canuksfan :)

It took me about 30mins to sew together, I must try sewing slower though as my lines are a bit wonky eep! I've made some credit card holders before, and the intention is to do a craft fair with things I've made next month....but I needed to get a few things for my sewing machine first (they'll be in the post tomorrow). I love making things :)

I've finally managed to order the T&M seeds, took me 2hrs in total to get the payment screen to work. If I can manage to grow all the different crops, then I'll have saved myself lots of pennies on veg in the autumn :) and if I get a dehydrator I can keep myself going through until the next harvest too :D

Instructions to make plastic bag holder:

Take a piece of fabric, fold over the top edge once, then fold again. Sew very close to the edge as you need a gap for the elastic to go through.
    Do the same on the other end.
    Fold material in half and sew along the seam but remember to leave a gap where the elastic goes in both ends.
    Thread elastic through the top.
    Thread elastic through the bottom.
    I use a safety pin to thread the elastic through that way you can push the safety pin along with your fingers easily.

Voila! You're finished. You can add a piece of material to the top to hang it from if you like, but I tied my elastic into a double bow and hang that from the cupboard door :)
  • mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Well I'm very proud of myself today! I only spent £6 on a pair of leggings (my bracelet caught in my last ones and put a hole it in!). My mum spent a lot on new clothes though...oops! Then my youngest sister called to see if we'd go with her to test drive a new car. We were there about 1.5hrs and when he was telling us the prices, all I could think was how much I could it by buying a second hand car with finance from a credit card or bank loan. It also made me very thankful that I'd now paid off my car loan so that I don't have this big amount of money each month coming out of my salary.

What I was really surprised at was that nothing could have made me sign for a new car. Normally I'd have been really jealous and trying to think of any way to get one myself. Now I just felt relief that it wasn't me taking on all that debt. What a change!

oh and me and my mum have just been to Tesc0's and I let her pay so that's all my lunches this week paid for! xxx

I feel exactly the same about car loans - our's has just finished after 5 years and we've always had one since we got married. Now I feel like I never want another loan ever again - my views have changed completely. I think my views about possessions in general seem to have changed - I feel if I haven't got the money for it, I just don't want it. The crazy thing is I don't know why I didn't think like this before - it seems so logical :o.
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    Jemma, can you put our total paid for Feb on the front page please :) as well as last week and this weeks mini-challenge ;)

This weeks mini challenge: Get Out More

This weeks mini challenge is a little different to the usual cut back, downsize. I want you to find time at some point this week to get out of the house and take in some of that lovely fresh air. A moment where you're not rushing around like a headless chicken, but something like a nice stroll through the woods with the kids, or a walk along the beach with a loved one.
    So many times when we're beating these debts we feel down and glum that we can't do all the exciting things society tells us we have to do, like shopping, theme parks, etc. But what we seem to forget is that there's so much beauty to be found in and around our homes, and better still it's free :) Whether it's a walk down a lane with some lovely old oaks, or listening to the river rushing down the park I dare you to go this week and listen to mother nature as she springs into action :):D
    Yes, gardening counts too :)
    Plus, it's good exercise for those busting the lbs & the £s
  • Superheavy
    Superheavy Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Hope everyone's ready for another week of debt-busting. It's glum and rainy in Wales today, which generally sums up my attitude to the week at the moment.

Anywho, time to drag my carcass into the car and head off for another fascinating day at the office.
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills