The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 2!!!

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Almost forgot this weeks mini challenge!!!

Mini challenge: Bake something!
    As simple as it sounds. Bake a cake, make a loaf of bread, make some cupcakes, make something yummy. You'd be surprised how much tastier and cheaper it is to bake your own than to buy the shop stuff. Dust off your pinnies, your breadmakers and magimixes and let's get baking :)
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Time for my monthly payday update! :)

#055 InsertWittyName £5307.95 / £15626.32 (33.97%)

Expensive month this time though unfortunately...

So close to being under £10k owing!

And I believe that's me, errr... 'winning' ;)

I'll say it again...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Seriously though, fantastic amount paid off hun. :T:T:T I think hitting the 4 figures will be a huge milestone for quite a few of us on here. xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Almost forgot this weeks mini challenge!!!

Mini challenge: Bake something!
    As simple as it sounds. Bake a cake, make a loaf of bread, make some cupcakes, make something yummy. You'd be surprised how much tastier and cheaper it is to bake your own than to buy the shop stuff. Dust off your pinnies, your breadmakers and magimixes and let's get baking :)

Erm do pancakes count as I'm making them tonight...? :p

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Erm do pancakes count as I'm making them tonight...? :p
    Are you making the pancake mix yourself or buying a bottle of it? If the former, then yes, if not then no :)
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • DorsetGirl_2
    Options
    I am having a little bit of a panic - transferred my Opus onto my Virgin CC and although the £1060 is showing as pending on the Virgin CC the Opus still has that as its balance.

Has anyone BT before and had the same thing? Will it take a day or so to come off Opus?
    Pay off all my debts before Christmas 2015 #165.
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gemma, I got a bit bored last night...

I wanted to know how much we'd paid off in total, so I made a basic spreadsheet. Well, it started out basic...

I went a bit crazy with 'IF' functions. I now have a spreadsheet that automatically strikes through and includes a percentage if any debt has been paid off, and various other bits. All you have to do is plug the numbers in and copy'n'paste directly into the the first few posts of the thread.

I'm sure yours is even fancier, but on the off-chance you think it might save you any time I'll happily send over a copy.

How sad am I?

P.s. I won't steal your thunder and tell everyone the total before month-end!

oooooh how are you with using Excel like a database as I have nearly 30 rating matrices that need automatically costing depending on a LOT of variables and I've managed it but it's about 20MB file so now too large to send to those who need to use it!!! :eek:

Can you please send me a copy hun, I sincerely hope I can use it but I very much doubt it. You see, I spoke to one of the board members about keeping the lists on Excel then just importing it directly into the first few posts but unfortunately they don't allow any formatting to be pasted into the posts so it just becomes a jumbled mass of letters and numbers. Can you try by pretending to copy in some of it onto a post and see what it does for you? You can always delete the posts anyway or just put TEST afterwards.

Thanks for looking at this for me, I've not updated in a couple of days so the figure will be more but tomorrow is actually a special day for us as it will be our 100th day of the challenge so I was going to post a total for that. Don't worry about stealing my thunder, just get posting the total if you want as it will keep everyone motivated! :D

*ahem...* Jemma x :p

• mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Are you making the pancake mix yourself or buying a bottle of it? If the former, then yes, if not then no :)

Got the milk, flour and eggs ready so I'll be making it myself (and trying not to cough all over it...) :D

• PedroMatias
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    oooooh how are you with using Excel like a database as I have nearly 30 rating matrices that need automatically costing depending on a LOT of variables and I've managed it but it's about 20MB file so now too large to send to those who need to use it!!! :eek:

Can you please send me a copy hun, I sincerely hope I can use it but I very much doubt it. You see, I spoke to one of the board members about keeping the lists on Excel then just importing it directly into the first few posts but unfortunately they don't allow any formatting to be pasted into the posts so it just becomes a jumbled mass of letters and numbers. Can you try by pretending to copy in some of it onto a post and see what it does for you? You can always delete the posts anyway or just put TEST afterwards.

Thanks for looking at this for me, I've not updated in a couple of days so the figure will be more but tomorrow is actually a special day for us as it will be our 100th day of the challenge so I was going to post a total for that. Don't worry about stealing my thunder, just get posting the total if you want as it will keep everyone motivated! :D

*ahem...* Jemma x :p

Testing 1,2,3.... pasted directly from the spreadsheet....

279 :j PiggyBankShaker £1,592 /[STRIKE] £5,749 [/STRIKE] 27.69%
    280 :j nodebtin2012 £1,500 /[STRIKE] £10,644 [/STRIKE] 14.09%
    281 :j catmort £1,103.29 /[STRIKE] £7,735.45 [/STRIKE] 14.26%
    282 :j weewifie £25 /[STRIKE] £1,525 [/STRIKE] 1.64%
    283 :j LaurenC £4,735
    284 :j tunisiaone £4,265
    285 :j I want expendable cash £7,700
    286 :j mum of 3 boys £150 /[STRIKE] £10,700 [/STRIKE] 1.40%
    287 :j MJ415 £2,273.75 /[STRIKE] £11,094.22 [/STRIKE] 20.49%
    288 :j Worrier1957 £_______
    289 :j LittleMsStitch £272.68 /[STRIKE] £5,333.99 [/STRIKE] 5.11%
  • PedroMatias
    Options
    It's really easy to use. The only fields you need to fill in are the name, and any numbers provided. If there are no numbers, the spreadsheet takes account and fills in a £_______, for example.

I'm no good with databases, btw... :D
  • DorsetGirl_2
    Options
    Pancake day is my favourite day of the year :j
    Pay off all my debts before Christmas 2015 #165.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure