Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • hazza04
    Hi, I was on this forum discussing the DWP waiting list last year and I started work with them on 15th June last year.The first six months of the job were okay but since the beginning of the year when quite a few of the other temp contract workers left the job became a nightmare!I finished working with them on 17th June as I was suffering stress and anxiety.The problem with the DWP is that the people like me who were band Bs basically had so much work and not enough time to do it in .This problem intensified when some other temp contract workers left and no new staff were being taken on so this added more stress to us in the signing section.I basically had enough of it in May and went on the sick for a few weeks then handed in my notice.It was the most stressful job I have ever done! I am now back on Income Support but will change over to signing on in Oct as my youngest will almost be 10 then.I am hoping to get a part time job before then though,not having much luck .Another reason i left was due to caring for my 2 kids aged 9 and 13 and working 37 hours a week and the DWP would not let me go part time-not as family friendly as they would like people to believe.I am now looking to work 20 hours a week
    Originally posted by msmaz
    I read the above and have to say it so true - I'm a band B FJR and can honestly say I loved my job, I really put everything in to helping every single person I saw, However I hate it now, Our job isnt about helping people anymore, its about punishing people for being late or not doing enough to look for work and as well as this we have been given all the work to do from staff who have left, its an absolute joke, its actually a waste of someones time to sign on every 2 weeks because we are unable to give any practical help or even give you the time that you may want....Heres hoping i find a new job soon before I am off with stress too!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,511Posts Today

6,744Users online

Martin's Twitter