Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• 4Moneysaver
    Options
    Oh dear, well I've just totted up my brekki carbs and they come to 15.4g *would insert unhappy smiley but can't coz I'm at work*. This was for a tin of John West raspberries (7.7g), a small pot of goats milk yog (5.4g) and a sprinkle of chopped nuts (2.6g). I'm going to have to do some hard work on my planning for next week. Still, it's Friday so that's something. Have a good day everyone.
    It's up to me now and nobody else.
  • sotonsaverjen
    Options
    :beer:
    ITS NEARLY THE WEEKEND!! woop!

had bacon and eggs, water and about to have cwoffee with cream and splenda

The weather is lovely, I'm very likely to get off early today and am off to the pub later!!

The bakewell tart sounds amazing!!! I can't wait for OWL!!!! :D
    SPC5 #1651 total so far: £78.59
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    There must be something in the air!! :rolleyes::o:p:rotfl:

Its wafting over to Wales as well, i went out for lunch again, all or nothing!!
    I had the biggest piece of cod i've ever seen on a lunch plate, had chips with it too.

Shh, dont mention them to G&B.

I dont have an excuse, in fact, i should have some motivation what with the holiday looming, but i haven't icon9.gif

I cant eat like this when i get there coz i'll have a huge bloated belly, and it did go away briefly, i must get back on track, 9 days could do wonders really.
  • jordylass
    jordylass Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Not been on for ages, and just about to have a catch up. I;ve not been very strict, but luckily my weight is stable ish.
    I'm off to London tonight just for one day, hope the Starbucks don't create too much havoc.
    There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D
    mazzers wrote: »
    Good morning, another lovely one, only nine days til

th_BeachchairSmiley.gif

Sorry for those who are not going this year but i rarely have much to look forward to

th_violinplay.gif

So might be getting a bit excited :j

As well you should! Bet it'l be ace! If I hadn't just come back from a do I'd be coveting, but as it I'm just pleased for you :rotfl:
    focus888 wrote: »
    Morning everyone!! feel so rough i think its all the carbs ive been consuming :( why do i do these things to myself??? i know i feel very ashamed yet it doesnt stop me stuffing my face with cakes. Someone slap me i think i need it lol

SLAP!!!! That any good? :confused: You prolly just havin a big fest. Don't feel ashamed, forgive yourself, sort out a tasty plan for lowcarb food then simply get over it :) The more you beat yourself up, the more a part of you thinks you 'deserve' bad stuff. Forgive and take the moral high ground :rotfl: There's nowt wrong wi u lass! Just relax and don't let the 'naughty you' be in control. Give her a kiss and get on with it :D
    bounce3.gif
    There you go, tis a bouncy excited mazzers!! :D

That is just how I imagined mazz!

MXXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    :D

That is just how I imagined mazz!

MXXXX

If only i had that much energy :rolleyes:

I was hyperactive as a child tho :D before it even had a name. My mum just thought i was crazy!!
  • Mercy
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    If only i had that much energy :rolleyes:

I was hyperactive as a child tho :D before it even had a name. My mum just thought i was crazy!!

No change there then :) Maybe she had a point :rotfl: There weren't the additives to blame there, back in the good old days.:eek: :rotfl:

Do love you though, be as mad as you like! I like it :rotfl:

Made a tasty discovery! Will tell all in next post :)

MXXX

• Mercy
    Options
    DO YOU LIKE NUTS?

OK, these aren't nuts but the closest bacon equivalent.

I was making bacon crisps as normal (cut full pkt non smoked streaky crosswise into 4or5 lumps, place each small peeled off piece into 1inch boiling water in wide frying pan, simmer for 5 mins, drain, put back and dry fry til golden n crispy) When I impulsively added 1/2 glass ~ 100ml nice red wine after 5 mins dry fry.

It just happened. And it just happened to make bacon taste nutty!

Now, I don't know if it's just me being wierd. So would love someone else to do it as well and give their opinion.

What I've ended up with is a pile of nutty bacon nibbles - they curled up more after the wine - and they are v nice :rotfl:

This is the only time I regret living alone - no-one to experiment on :rotfl:

MXXX

If you try it let me know the results - I'm a chemist and need feedback! Check my recipe, tell me how it went :beer:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    DO YOU LIKE NUTS?

Is Focus a squirrel?! :p:rotfl:

And it just happened to make bacon taste nutty!

Sounds ... interesting ...

Now, I don't know if it's just me being wierd.

Cough!! :p

Check my recipe, tell me how it went :beer:

I would. I think. Nutty bacon?? Hmmmmm!! Anyway, I can't at the mo because I'm still doing tee-total-dom. I know the alcohol cooks off but I don't want any wine in the house as I'm doing so well with this not drinking thing that I don't want to take risk!! :o
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Good morning lovely low-carb peeps :hello:

Tis Saturday morning (yippee!!) & it looks like it's going to be a lovely day (weather wise) :D

Meal plan dinner is mince - bought some aberdeen angus burgers yesterday so will be having one of them. Will most likely have it in a bun, but I'll keep that to myself :shhh::rolleyes:

Believe it or not, I am starting to get my head in the right place (must have been Mercy's inspirational post ;)) so I'm going to adapt the meal-planning to err more on the side of low-carb for me next week.

Have a lovely weekend everyone :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport