🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Options

Comments

• mj38
    mj38 Posts: 7,724 Forumite
    Options
    Just had this email from Spain :confused:luisprado@edu.xunta.es

165 FULHAM PALACE RD . W6 8JB UNITED KINGDOM.
    This E-mail is to inform you that you emerge a winner of
    $2,500,000 USD:D ,on our online draws which was played on the
    12th of May, 2008.For further Information contact our
    claims Agent Sir Moro Williams(Esq):rolleyes: via email:[EMAIL="rowchamsuk@hotmail.com"]rowchamsuk@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]
    You are to provide him with the information's below via email
    1.Name:,2.Address:,3.Marital Status:,4.Occupation:,5.Age:
    6.Sex:,7.Mobile:,8.Country Of Residence::rolleyes:
    Congratulations once again. :D

Nice of him, eh? :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you're new to comping etc., mark these jokers as unsafe and delete!!
    Probably playing on fb :o
  • cistolic
    cistolic Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    Options
    I was feeling quite good having been scammed £1,000,000 till I saw Wokkies £6,000,000.
    Microsoft Promotion
    20 Craven Park, Harlesden
    London NW 10, UK

Ref: WBT/007/08
    Batch: 809665G

Dear Winner,

WINNING NOTIFICATION!!!

Microsoft and AOL has set out and successfully organized a
    Sweepstakes marking this year anniversary, the selection was
    made randomly from World Wide Web site through a computer
    draw system extracted from over 100,000 individuals and
    companies, attaching email addresses to ticket numbers.

Your email address as indicated was drawn and attached to ticket number
    011085727436 with serial numbers BTD/80 81563 702/08 and drew the lucky
    numbers 11-17-29-54-42-30(15) which subsequently won you 1,000,000.00(One
    Million Great Britain Pounds) as one of the 10 jackpot winners in this draw.
    This draws was conducted in London, Uk on the 25th of May 2008.

Contact your designated agent who shall guide you through
    the process to facilitate the release of your prize.
    To file for your claim, please contact our fiduciary agent
    and Provide him with the information below:

1.Full Name:
    2.Address:
    3.Marital Status:
    4.Occupation:
    5.Age:
    6.Sex:
    7.Nationality:
    8.Country Of Residence:
    9.Telephone Number:
    10.Fax Number
    11.Draw Number above:

Mr. Phill Williams
    Email: [EMAIL="pl.will@microsoft-pro.company.org.uk"]pl.will@microsoft-pro.company.org.uk[/EMAIL]
    Microsoft Promotion

That way your Winning Cheque, Winnings Certificate and all other relevant
    documents/paperwork can be prepared for you. Note that all prize funds must
    be claimed not later than two weeks. After this date all funds will be
    returned to the MICROSOFT TREASURY as unclaimed. In order to avoid
    unnecessary delays and complications, please endeavour to quote your
    Reference Number (Ref: WBT/007/08) and Batch number (809665G) in every
    correspondence with your agent.

Thank you for being part of our this Year's commemorativeAnniversary Draws.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Bryan McDonald
    Microsoft Promotion Team

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,is
    for
    the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and
    privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,disclosure, or
    distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
    contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
    message.

© 2008 Microsoft MSN Corporation. All rights reserved.
  • Grunhilda
    Grunhilda Posts: 790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OMG :j I'm now a millionaire :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, now to decide what to spend it all on ;)

You Have Won $2.5 Million USD............Congratulations!!!‏

From:tbellmer@everestkc.neti_yellowshield.gifYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafeSent:29 May 2008 09:21:07Reply-to:asiapacific004@sify.comTo:

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have won the sum $2.5 million USD in the malaysia Email lottery game.

You are to contact our AFFILIATE COURIER COMPANY for delivery of your
    winning certificate and winning cheque of $2.5 million USD

CONTACT COURIER WITH THE BELOW EMAIL LINK.
    Asia Pacific International Couriers
    Mr.Andy Jerry
    TEL:+60196722041
    EMAIL: [EMAIL="asiapacific004@sify.com"]asiapacific004@sify.com[/EMAIL]

Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this program.

Yours Truly,
    Goh Song Keng.
    Online Co-Ordinator.
  • wokkies
    wokkies Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The National Lottery
    P O Box 1010
    Liverpool, L70 1N
    UNITED KINGDOM
    (Customer Services)
    Ref: UK/9420X2/68
    Batch: 074/06/ZY369

FINAL WINNING NOTIFICATION:

Dear Lucky Winner,

RE: BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to notify you the draw (#1273) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, Online Sweepstakes International Lottery Program held on Wednesday, 5th March 2008. Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from a pool of over 25,000 email addresses from all over the world as part of our international promotions programme conducted twice weekly to encourage prospective overseas entries. We hope with part of your prize awards, you will take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots. The result of our computer draw (#1273) selected your name and email address attached to an e-ticket number(number withheld) with Serial number (5627635368/08)drew the lucky numbers: 08, 14, 16, 39, 43, 47(bonus no.38), which subsequently won you the lottery in the 1st category i.e. match 6. You have therefore been approved to claim your winning in cheque credited to file KTU/9023118308/08 to the sum of Ј1,413,394 (One Million, Four hundred and thirteen thousand, and three hundred and ninety-f
    Your prize award has been insured in your email address and is ready for claims. To begin your claims therefore, you are advised to expeditiously contact our licensed and accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery Winners within a period of 7 days (date of this email inclusive) for the processing of your winning and remittance to your designated bank account after all statutory obligations have been satisfactorily dispensed with. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned. You may want to go through our online web result checker

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/results/winCheck/winCheckerStart.do

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/results/prizes/prizeAction.do?drawType=1&drawNum=1273&drawSeq=1

to verify your prize online with your numbers: 08, 14, 16, 39, 43, 47

This promotion takes place twice weekly. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Spain as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your funds would be released to you by any of our payment offices in Madrid, Spain. Please be informed that claims not processed within the stipulated period may be forfeited to the pool without further notice. Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. You may wish to establish contact via e-mail with the particulars presented below sending the batch and reference numbers and these information below for quick verifications and release of funds. between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on Monday through Sunday

Overseas Claims Unit
    United Kingdom Lottery Fiduciary
    Contact Person: Mr. Brian Hollis
    Email: brianhollis2@officials.co.uk

Finally after googling found this:rolleyes:

Please carefully review the following Scam-O-Matic results:
    • An email address mentioned inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
    • The following fake company names, fake addresses, non-existent institutions/documents or other details have appeared in scams before:
      • "uk national lottery" (can only win this lottery if you bought a ticket)
    • This email looks like a fake lottery scam.
      Consider the following facts about real lotteries:
      1. They do not notify winners by email.
      2. You can not win without first buying a lottery ticket.
      3. They do not randomly select email addresses to award prizes to.
      4. They do not use free email accounts (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc) to communicate with you.
      5. They do not tell you to call a mobile phone number.
      6. They do not tell you to keep your winnings secret.
      7. They will never ask a winner to pay any fees to receive a prize!
      Any "courier service", "lawyer" or "bank" that a fake "lottery" may have introduced you to is also fake!
    • The following phrases should put you on alert:
      • "fiduciary agent", "claim agent", "overseas claims unit":
        real lotteries do not use a "claim agent" / "fiduciary agent"
    • This email lists free webmail addresses. Besides personal use for legitimate purposes, use of such addresses is also typical for scams. NOTE: Lotteries, banks, government agencies and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
      • brianhollis2@officials.co.uk (email address has been used in a known fraud before

:rolleyes:http://www.joewein.de/sw/419-bl-b.htm:rolleyes:

to be updated:;)
  • RachelH
    RachelH Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    wow! loads of great advice on MSE.

Sorry if this is posted in wrong dept.(am new to posting threads etc) I've just come across a magazine called Winners' Friend, which is full of comps. I don't think it is available in newsagents and the like, and believe you have to subscribe for about £12 -£15 per year. It looks amazing, and if you love comps like I do, then you would be interested in giving some a go. I was wondering if anyone has ever had dealings with this magazine - please let me know your views.
  • chr1sbean
    chr1sbean Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Could anyone help me with this? I have received this email today saying I had won a prize on Bliss, but I cant find anything about this competition and I am pretty sure I wouldn't have entered it if it was there as I am REALLY REALLY afraid of flying and dont enter ANY competitions that involve flights!!

The email I received goes like this;

"
    Thank you for entering our ‘Blissness Class’ free prize draw. I am delighted to inform you have been selected as one of our lucky 20 winners.

Your prize is a bliss spa - bliss sinkside six-pack- details of which can be found at [URL="mhtml:!!3AB2E9A5-59BC-4506-8D38-3D270F2A81AB}mid://00000061/!x-usc:http://www.blisslondon.co.uk/"]www.blisslondon.co.uk[/URL]

So we can send your prize to you within 28 days, please email us by return with your full postal address. If you would prefer to provide your details over the phone, please contact the Eastern Airways marketing department either by phone: 01652 681003 or by email: fly.eastern@easternairways.com

Please note, as one of our winners, your full name will be published on our website, no other personal information will be published.

Congratulations and thank you for your interest in Eastern Airways.

Yours sincerely

Susan McKeon
    Marketing Manager

| Eastern Airways |
    | Schiphol House | Humberside Airport | Kirmington | North Lincs | DN39 6YH |
    | Tel: 08703 669669| https://www.easternairways.com |

ERA: Airline of the Year Gold Award 2006 / 2007"

Really odd! Hope someone can advise on this!

Thank you! :confused:
    2010 Running Total - £8
    January Wins
    555 Football facts book,
  • dementedhousewife
    Options
    chr1sbean wrote: »
    Could anyone help me with this? I have received this email today saying I had won a prize on Bliss, but I cant find anything about this competition and I am pretty sure I wouldn't have entered it if it was there as I am REALLY REALLY afraid of flying and dont enter ANY competitions that involve flights!!

The email I received goes like this;

"
    Thank you for entering our ‘Blissness Class’ free prize draw. I am delighted to inform you have been selected as one of our lucky 20 winners.

Your prize is a bliss spa - bliss sinkside six-pack- details of which can be found at [URL="mhtml:!!3AB2E9A5-59BC-4506-8D38-3D270F2A81AB}mid://00000061/!x-usc:http://www.blisslondon.co.uk/"]www.blisslondon.co.uk[/URL]

So we can send your prize to you within 28 days, please email us by return with your full postal address. If you would prefer to provide your details over the phone, please contact the Eastern Airways marketing department either by phone: 01652 681003 or by email: [EMAIL="fly.eastern@easternairways.com"]fly.eastern@easternairways.com[/EMAIL]

Please note, as one of our winners, your full name will be published on our website, no other personal information will be published.

Congratulations and thank you for your interest in Eastern Airways.

Yours sincerely

Susan McKeon
    Marketing Manager

| Eastern Airways |
    | Schiphol House | Humberside Airport | Kirmington | North Lincs | DN39 6YH |
    | Tel: 08703 669669| www.easternairways.com |
    ERA: Airline of the Year Gold Award 2006 / 2007"
    Really odd! Hope someone can advise on this!
    Thank you! :confused:

You entered this hun..

Looks like your a winner xx
    Well Done
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=861135&highlight=eastern+airways
    Comping & Coupons!
  • chr1sbean
    chr1sbean Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    lol....I am still really tired from those mammoth lists on the 30th on 31st so I will blame it on that!! Looks like you are right - I just panicked when I saw who the prize was coming from as I assumed it was going to involve FLYING!!

I really dont remember entering this though....must have been on automatic over the weekend as there were sooooo many!!

Thanks a lot for your help! x
    2010 Running Total - £8
    January Wins
    555 Football facts book,
  • dementedhousewife
    Options
    chr1sbean wrote: »
    lol....I am still really tired from those mammoth lists on the 30th on 31st so I will blame it on that!! Looks like you are right - I just panicked when I saw who the prize was coming from as I assumed it was going to involve FLYING!!

I really dont remember entering this though....must have been on automatic over the weekend as there were sooooo many!!

Thanks a lot for your help! x

No worries hun.. More than happy to help!..
    Bloody well done though...
    Make sure you tell all on MSE about your win.xx
    Comping & Coupons!
  • c0c0nuts
    c0c0nuts Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I've just got dead excited as I thought all my competition entering had paid off, again it was 'you haven't won the main prize, however, you came a runner up in the top 30 out of 4000-wow!!'
    Call the number blah de blah de blah'
    Pay £29.50 per person to cover airport taxes/ in flight meals.
    You need to call this number 0800 988 9900 and quote your reference number-if you call in the next 2 hours you'll also get £50 High Street vouchers!
    Ringle dingle go the alarm bells., the company is CLC-Club La Costa a timeshare scam apparently--boohiss!
    Am sooooooo peeved at being gullible-but thank goodness I checked on here and googled the telephone number first.
    Has anyone actually gone ahead and been on one of these anyway??
    When you get to the end of your tether, tie a knot and hang on.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure