scottish power

Options

Comments

• kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 August 2009 at 12:36PM
    Options
    I sent them an email asking them to confirm I had opted out but I also stated that if they did not reply to confirm, then to take the current email I was sending as a formal request to opt out.

If the opt-out button didnt work they now cant argue they haven't had it in writing from me.

EDIT: Just received a phone call from them (12:30) to confirm I have opted out. I've logged the name and time of their call.
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you are switching away from Scottish Power, I recommend saving or printing you online bills as early as possible, because they end your access to them quite quickly.

Also I printed out the web page that said I opted out of their new tarriff, so there can be no arguement from them.
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gjs1701 wrote: »
    If you are switching away from Scottish Power, I recommend saving or printing you online bills as early as possible, because they end your access to them quite quickly.

Also I printed out the web page that said I opted out of their new tarriff, so there can be no arguement from them.

And their final bill (both online or posted) which you can still access does not contain any meter reads or breakdown.
  • gjs1701
    Options
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    And their final bill (both online or posted) which you can still access does not contain any meter reads or breakdown.

That must surely be dodgy.
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 26 August 2009 at 3:48PM
    Options
    Funnily enough, my final SP bill (finally!) plopped onto my door mat today - the details regarding meter reads and breakdowns are certainly showing. But you have to look on the back of the bill.:rolleyes:
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • gjs1701
    Options
    Good to know.
  • funkyfin2000
    Options
    whats the email to email them on? SP that is!
  • sharonB
    sharonB Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I opted out of the 2010 capped tariff via the link in the email and I have just had another email sent to me....
    Taking care of your energy needs, just the way you like it

We recently sent you an email to let you know your Fixed Price Energy Offer ends on 31st August 2009 and we would automatically move you to Capped Price Energy 2010* on 1st September 2009.

However, you told us you wanted to opt out of this new deal and move to our standard monthly Direct Debit prices^ instead of capping your prices until 31st August 2010. On 1st September 2009 this transfer will take place.

Another great deal just for you

At ScottishPower we're committed to trying to bring you our best deals. And, although having the reassurance of capped rates wasn't the right deal for you, there are other offers available.

For example, as you're happy to manage your account online, our Online Energy Saver 6 offer is 3% cheaper than the standard monthly Direct Debit prices that you will shortly be moved to - and will remain so until; 31st July 2010.**

For more information about Online Energy Saver 6 read our Terms and Conditions, and if you're interested, please register now.

» I would like to register for Online Energy Saver 6

Alternatively, challenge us to find a deal that's right for you

» Take the Savings Challenge

................................................................................................................................

Thank you for choosing ScottishPower as your energy supplier

P.S. Please remember that even if you move to Online Energy Saver 6** your Direct Debit amount may vary, depending on your usage. In the next 3 months we will look at the amount of energy you use and if there are any changes to the amount you have to pay, we'll let you know.

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk

Why was I sent this email? As a valued online energy customer, you will occasionally receive messages about the service we provide you.This is just to keep you fully informed and to help you get the most from your online energy.

*ScottishPower's Capped Price Energy September 2010 guarantees that prices will not rise above the capped rates until after 31st August 2010. Capped prices correct as at 17th August 2009.

^When you move to standard monthly Direct Debit prices or Online Energy Saver 6, your monthly payment may no longer be enough to cover your energy prices, so your monthly payment may have to increase.

**ScottishPower guarantees that Online Energy Saver 6 offer prices will remain a minimum of 3% below our standard monthly Direct Debit electricity prices and a minimum of 3% below our standard monthly Direct Debit gas prices until 31st July 2010. We may apply cancellation charges inclusive of VAT of £30 for electricity and £20 for Gas if you switch to Online Energy Saver 6 but then cancel your supply contract or switch to another tariff before 31st July 2010. These charges will not be applied if the supply contract is cancelled due to a home move.

1Based on ScottishPower as part of the Iberdrola Group. Source: Emerging Energy Research emerging-energy.com

2For more information visit uswitch.com

ScottishPower Energy Retail Ltd
    Registered Office: 1 Atlantic Quay, Glasgow, G2 8SP.
    Registered in Scotland No. 190287, Vat No. GB 659 3720 08

ScottishPower Energy Retail
    Cathcart Business Park, Spean St, Glasgow G44 4BE.

• rhodders77
    Options
    Yep, just got the same email. Quite pleased as it provides proof that they have received my opt out request - I didn't quite trust the web link thing without any email confirmation, especially having seen some of the other posts on this thread.

As for Energy Online Saver 6, it was well down on the comparision I did through Energy Helpline - I'm off to EON for now....
  • robt7893
    robt7893 Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Well low and behold it's my lucky day too, I too have received the SP E-Mail, arn't we the lucky one's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure