SAR Request's

Options

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    bert&ernie wrote: »
    Which links? The ones above seem to show de-personalised standard correspondence.

I thought you were going to ignore me anyway. I'm flattered that you think I'm the weirdo btw.

Actually I like you! That's why i'm staying calm (unusual for me lol)

You aren't a weirdo - that must be me cos I have his address haha

Love you really bert/ernie :iloveyou:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    Recieved a letter from Experian today stating that the have started my data collection for my SAR. I am shocked that it has taken them this long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Further to previous posts, here is a SAR Template Letter which should get you what you want.
    Date

Dear Sirs,
    SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST (SAR) UNDER DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

Please send me all data that your company holds relating to me, my address or person. This is to include details of every company, individual and organisation with whom you have shared data about me for the last 6 years, also including my current most up-to-date credit report (if applicable).

Where you have shared data about me with other parties, I require that you supply me with true copies of documents that show that you have done so in a lawful manner and with my written & signed consent. Where your company holds and processes data for purposes of my credit file & credit report, I require that you provide documents to show that the data held is current, accurate and relevant.

Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, you are obliged to send all data that you hold on file for the past 6 years. However, if you hold data beyond 6 years, under the above act, you must supply it on demand. If you no longer hold data beyond 6 years, I would like a signed declaration from your data controller and a copy of all documents pertaining to its proper disposal.

All data, including data held on microfiche or other such storage systems must be provided within a reasonable timescale, a maximum of 40 days is allowed in line with the ICO guidelines and I do expect your response within this timeframe. I enclose the statutory fee of £10.

For reference, my previous addresses spanning back the 6 years are as follows:

I look forward to your imminent response, with the data requested.

Yours faithfully,

[FONT=&quot]Sign Electronically[/FONT]

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    Well, had a reply today from Call Credit again, demanding my signature. They are stalling for time or just don't know the laws!

All letters are attached below, to show what has happened to date:

Happy Reading! I'll update my legal threat shortly.....

Letter 1 - My SAR Request
    callcreditsar001.jpg
    callcreditsar002.jpg

Letter 2 - Response to SAR
    callcreditsar003.jpg

Letter 3 - My response to above
    callcreditsar004.jpg

Letter 4 - Response to my letter above
    callcreditsar005.jpg

Letter 5 - My response refusing to give signature
    callcreditsar006.jpg

Letter 6 - Their reply to my refusal
    callcreditsar007.jpg

w1700.png

• Innocent_Guy
    Options
    I love them!!!!! Callcreidt have messed me around but I haven't really had time to chase them up. I will do tho!
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000

• bert&ernie
    bert&ernie Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Options
    What is the issue with supplying the signature that callcredit are demanding? I don't understand why you cant just sign the letter. Wouldn't this allow you to demonstrate that they are breaching their own rules by supplying the data to third parties without undertaking the same due diligence with regard to subject consent?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    What is the issue with supplying the signature that callcredit are demanding? I don't understand why you cant just sign the letter. Wouldn't this allow you to demonstrate that they are breaching their own rules by supplying the data to third parties without undertaking the same due diligence with regard to subject consent?

I won't supply it because as mentioned in my letter to them, there is no provision for one and I think the technical term is called being obstinate :j

Sorry mate, just being honest! Why should I provide it when I do not have to? They have nothing to compare a signature to thus I do not have to supply it.

I've now reported them to the ICO and see what they say about it. I could provide it, sure, but I work on principles and the principle is 'why should I when I don't have to'? :confused:

I see your point and this has been put to me and I agree it makes sense but I still can't just let them get away with the fact of lying outright. They have no right to ask for it, the same as I have no right to ask them for their MD's personal mobile number....

I can ask but I certainly will not get - ditto.

• bert&ernie
    bert&ernie Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2009 at 10:06PM
    Options
    I won't supply it because as mentioned in my letter to them, there is no provision for one and I think the technical term is called being obstinate :j

Sorry mate, just being honest! Why should I provide it when I do not have to? They have nothing to compare a signature to thus I do not have to supply it.

I've now reported them to the ICO and see what they say about it. I could provide it, sure, but I work on principles and the principle is 'why should I when I don't have to'? :confused:

I see your point and this has been put to me and I agree it makes sense but I still can't just let them get away with the fact of lying outright. They have no right to ask for it, the same as I have no right to ask them for their MD's personal mobile number....

I can ask but I certainly will not get - ditto.

I think you are both being rather obstinate about the signature. I agree that Callcredit don't need it, but you don't really have anything to lose other than a little biro ink. Although "you dont have to", it is customary sign ones letters.

NB I do understand the logic in not signing letters to DCAs, who might be tempted to copy said signature onto previously non-existent CCAs;)

It seems that you have reached an impasse that will likely only be resolved if you back down of the ICO intervenes in your favour. This may be whay you are looking for, but I dont really see what you would gain even if the ICO backs your view - you will be no further on than if you had simply signed the letter.

How about getting someone else to sign the letter - they don't actually say it has to be you! And, as you said yourself - what would they have to compare it to?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    I think you are both being rather obstinate about the signature. I agree that Callcredit don't need it, but you don't really have anything to lose other than a little biro ink. Although "you dont have to", it is customary sign ones letters.

NB I do understand the logic in not signing letters to DCAs, who might be tempted to copy said signature onto previously non-existent CCAs;)

It seems that you have reached an impasse that will likely only be resolved if you back down of the ICO intervenes in your favour. This may be whay you are looking for, but I dont really see what you would gain even if the ICO backs your view - you will be no further on than if you had simply signed the letter.

How about getting someone else to sign the letter - they don't actually say it has to be you! And, as you said yourself - what would they have to compare it to?

Hiya

I have admitted to being obstinate - I am! But my point remains, they will breach the guidelines now as the 40 days is fast approaching and as a result i'll be looking to get them done for this and for falsely demanding something that is not required, i.e. deliberately trying to stall by requesting something not necessary for SAR - this is the ICO's own rules remember.

They will get punished because I am right in both cases, they cannot ask for a signature - the reason I wont do it is because they will eventually go over the 40 day deadline and then I've got them exactly where I want them.... in that the ICO will tell them in future that no signature is required and i'll post a copy of the letter of enforcement on here and on cag for all to laugh at.

Call credit are a joke......

• Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Hiya

Call credit are a joke......
    Why do they exist noone uses them....

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family