🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

natwest isa 7.32%

Options

Comments

• chineplate
    Options
    Argghhhh, I thought I'd share my (terrible) experience...

I asked for a form to fill in so I could speed things up on Tuesday and was told there isn't one :rolleyes:

You can get all the forms you require from the Nat West web site. I did this today, in and out of local branch in 10min.
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Options
    chineplate wrote: »
    You can get all the forms you require from the Nat West web site. I did this today, in and out of local branch in 10min.
    I completed the online form and opened an esaver account to save time, but it still took two visits to the branch and took over an hour and a half.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mb444 wrote: »
    Had to open a current a/c, this is apparently mandatory. A no-fee, no minimum monthly deposit, no interest bearing current account, but it will come with debit card and cheque book.
    I went in today and did the deed. They also told me I had to open a current account but I said I didn't want cheque books, guarantee cards, statements and all that rubbish. Couldn't I open a bog standard savings account instead? He went away and checked then said yes.

So I am now the proud owner of a First Reserve savings account paying all of 1.55% interest on my £0 balance.
  • Stevenic
    Stevenic Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have an idea how long the ISA takes to show up as one of your online accounts? I went in to Natwest last week to submit the transfer form but have nothing since?
  • equitydealer
    Options
    Went into my local branch today and there was a queue to see an adviser because of the popularity of the cash ISA account!

They had run out of branch supplied transfer forms and were printing them off the Natwest website...

I won't be surprised if they stop accepting new accounts soon.
  • riad_2
    riad_2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Stevenic wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea how long the ISA takes to show up as one of your online accounts? I went in to Natwest last week to submit the transfer form but have nothing since?

I went into the branch on a Friday at 4:45pm and filled in a paper ISA application. The following day (Saturday) a "CASH ISA" was showing on my online banking.

If you filled in a paper application like me, perhaps the branch are just being slow in processing it. Might be worth popping in/giving them a call.

You mention you submitted the transfer forms... you opened the ISA at the same time as well though right?
  • Stevenic
    Stevenic Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    riad wrote: »
    I went into the branch on a Friday at 4:45pm and filled in a paper ISA application. The following day (Saturday) a "CASH ISA" was showing on my online banking.

If you filled in a paper application like me, perhaps the branch are just being slow in processing it. Might be worth popping in/giving them a call.

You mention you submitted the transfer forms... you opened the ISA at the same time as well though right?

Thanks for your reply. I thought that I'd read that other people had the same experience as you but I've checked again and still nothing. I have opened the ISA for this year too.

I'll give them a call and find out what's going on?

Edit - I rang them and they said it could take up to 2 weeks before the ISA shows up online??
  • Daps
    Daps Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Wasn't sure whether to go for this, as I had 3 ISAs, two of which had decent rates (Barclays (6.25%) and Icesave(6.1%)) and the Icesave one I had only just transferred into so wasn't sure if I wanted to risk losing even more interest with another transfer. But I also had a NS&I ISA at 5.30% that I needed to transfer somewhere. Since the rate tiers mean that by transferring all 3 of my ISAs to NatWest (over £9,000) I'd get a better rate than if I just transferred the NS&I one, I decided to go for it.

Printed out 3 transfer forms, filled them in, took them into the branch on Thursday (no appointment), saw an adviser within 5 minutes. I already had an e-savings account with them (for the £50 cashback deal) so I didn't need to open anything else (to save me from going over my ISA limit, which sounds like a weak excuse to force people to take out more products with the bank, but still) and my new ISA is already showing on my internet banking. A very positive experience so far.

Hopefully the process of transferring the ISAs into this one will go smoothly, though I'm bracing myself for at least something to go wrong!

With the bonus, the weird terms, the tiered interest rates, etc. there's a lot about this that could scare us away, but the rate is so good it seems hard to pass up, and so far I think I made the right decision in going for it. (We'll see if I feel the same in 30 days time!)
  • oxfox
    oxfox Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    riad wrote: »

Today was hopefully the last day in my mini-Natwest-saga.

2 weeks ago: Filled in paper form in branch to open ISA, had also taken transfer form along. No staff briefed, first day of offer.

1 week ago: Hadn't appeared on my NatWest online banking. Went in to branch. Promised a callback within a week. Wasn't phoned.

Today: Branch now has leaflets and a person dedicated to doing the applications. Decided they must have lost my original form from two weeks ago. Opened ISA for me via computer, filled in new transfer form. I already have the account number and sort code of the new ISA on a printout so hopefully the transfer form will be dealt with properly this time.

Today: A friend who doesn't already have an account with NatWest also applied to transfer. Also filled in form via adviser/computer and got acct number and sort code straight off.

So it looks like they have it sorted out now.
  • Bernie
    Bernie Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    ...got the form off the web, walked down the road this morning, got to NatWest in Dereham, Norfolk about 1130, queued for a couple of mins before being greeted and swept into a side office.

Ten minutes later the ISA was processed onto the system by the lovely lady, forms were signed, docs copied and bingo! I was back outside, on my way back home.

:beer:
    “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.

But when I got to be twenty one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.”

Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family