Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sassylass97
    • By sassylass97 13th Jan 20, 6:32 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sassylass97
    nationwide closing my accounts
    • 13th Jan 20, 6:32 AM
    nationwide closing my accounts 13th Jan 20 at 6:32 AM
    I used to be a support worker looking after the mentally disabled/challanged. I got into a bit of trouble from stealing a service users check book and righting checks to myself. It started small and it got out of control. I was the services users key worker so handled all his money but when I become preggers innit I was on leave so another staff did his ledger and found discrepancies and reported it to team manager. I waz arrested for fraud by abuse of position.

I was finally court out but it was a wight of shoulders. I got taken to court and plead guilty and given a community order as I have 2 kids under 5, one only 9 months old. I was sacked from job. I had a letter off the nationwide and they said they was closing my account in 28 days. it is hard opening a new bank account even basic one. I tried 4 banks, TSB, Natwest, Santander and llydes. I am finding this very stressful as need a bank for my ESA and child benefit to be paid into. This is adding more stress. which bank can I open?
Page 2
    • BooJewels
    • By BooJewels 14th Jan 20, 12:46 PM
    • 517 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    BooJewels
    Probably showing my ignorance but what is 'a three dot elipses' !
    Originally posted by 18cc
    When you do this [...] to indicate that there was some additional content removed. For example, if I wanted to selectively quote sections from a long post, I'd use it where content was deleted for brevity.

I don't know if it's the same person, but a lot of new posters with preposterous tales will write in short bursts ..... and use several periods ...... Instead of one and a capital letter to indicate sentences.
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 14th Jan 20, 12:53 PM
    • 5,580 Posts
    • 7,648 Thanks
    ColdIron
    Posted Yesterday, 6:32 AM
    Last Activity: Yesterday 6:33 AM

Probably won't be back, obvious sock puppet
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 14th Jan 20, 1:16 PM
    • 2,080 Posts
    • 1,535 Thanks
    18cc
    Thanks - you learn something every day!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,770Posts Today

6,695Users online

Martin's Twitter